Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lynnes Nissan Service. Im about to FLIP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lynnes Nissan Service. Im about to FLIP!

First of all...

Do you self a favor and dont EVER go to " Lynnes Nissan, New Jersey".

I have had problems with this Service since the first time I went there.. and its just getting worse!!.

1)

My Z was making a strange noise... when pressing down the clutch. I went to the service and told them I just bought the car, its making this noise, fix it please. They looked at the car and they said " oh its perfectly fine, its normal "... I took the Manager and we drove down to the Nissan Dealer, and test drove four 350'z. Guess what? none of them were making this noise.

So he apologized and took the Z to service... He called and told me its the " front bearing" thats making the noise, so they will replace it for free ( DUH )

5 days later...( called them everyday ) they told me to come and pick up the car.. I drove home (45 min away).. as soon as I got home... the noise comes back!!! I didnt know wtf to think. They told me they put a Brand NEW " front bearing". I called him ( hes name is Scott btw ) and he told me to bring it back and we will look at it. It took them 5 days, wut more do they need to look at? they prbly didnt even bother f**king doing it. So now I have to go back there, AGAIN ( 45 min drive ).

So I go there on thursday, blah blah... I told him, this time Please take a good look at it, I cant afford to miss work again and drive 45 min.

I gave him a LIST of things that needed to be * CHECKED *, and I put another list in the car.

I told him: 3rd and 5th Gear grinds sometimes, Gears are NOT smooth, It DOES NOT go into 5th ( it gets stuckk ), and comes out of 5th when driveing in the hwy, and ofcourse the "noise" ( front bearing )

TODAY 4/24/07 , 9 days later:

2)

I called them today, too see wtf there doing to my car.. and he said its ready!.. I asked him " since when?" he answered " yesterday morning". They didnt even bother callling me to tell me to pick the car up. I have to call them. anyways....

Drove 45 min to get there.... they bring the car out... I grabed the keys .. and asked him to wait!... I start the car... THE F**CING noiseee AGAINN!!! ( 3rd time).. im like wtf?.... I put it into 5th... guess what?? .. it gets STUCK... gears are still NOT smoooth

He got in the car.. and he was " testing it "... WTF!!??? did they do for 9 days?

At this point I was flipingg.. I was so f**cking mad u have no idea...

I told him " Did u guys even work on the damn car?? "
he answered " um ye. "
me: you Most likely didnt do **** to my car, bc if you did It would of been fixed!.. I droped it like this 9 days ago, I get it back the same way it was.
Him: he didnt say anything, they were all quiet.
Him(again): I think its fine
I ASKED HIM, GET in the CAR and lets go to the nissan dealer and lets see if the 5th gear gets stuck
him: ehh nah.. ummm.. ummmm, well... um , wut do u wanna do?

At this point, lucy I didnt just hit em.

**** He then TELLS ME... WE CANNOT replace the trany. NISSAN WILL NOT give you a NEW trany.They only replace the internals. They only Do it for automatic cars.****

Are YOU ****inggg kidding ME>???.... I told him im gonna post this on MY350Z.com and have hundreds of people look at it.. and call 1-800 Nissan1 and leave feedback on your piece of **** service.

He said.. wait waitt...

I gave him the keys.. AND LEFT.. or I would of deffinitely hit some1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From these forums, I know a lot of ppl.. who have had problems with there trannys and They just got em replaced. WTF is he talking about that NIssan will not replace the tranny? only for automatics!?
What do you guys think?

The Z is still at the service, Id have to wait untill tomorrow for a phone call from the " other manager".. Bob... aka a f**king retard.

btw- The car is still under 60days from the dealer.. and I have the nissans GOLD 100K miles warrany.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Damn thats long... sry
Old 04-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Bevo

Sorry to hear that... you might wanna try another dealer if possible. Good luck
Old 04-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

plus 1 on another dealer, and call nissan, let them know the dealer may claim they did work that didn't happen.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:46 PM
crskillz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks big time man!!!! I know how you feel....
Actually, I'm glad I didn't purchase my car from Lynnes them. Initially I went their to buy a g35 coupe and I wasn't impressed by their showroom or salesman. I instead went to Nissan Hackensack on River street and the rest is history...so far, I had my oil changed at the Z dealership on Route 46 Totowa...so far no complaints, and they even drop me off & pick me up while they are servicing the z....
Good luck, and thanks for the head's up on Lynnes.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Ye I cant go to another dealer because the " 60 days " are not up yet.. I did go to my local Nissan service but they will not work on it because the dealer that I bought it from is responsible for 60 days...

Its crazy I mean the guys that work there are like 16-17 years old...( at the service).. All you see is this 17 year old kid driveing cars around to look for problems.. but all he is doing it is .. floorring it everywhere.

im calling nissan tomorrow asap
Old 04-24-2007, 06:25 PM
evolved326

1-800-nissan1

press 7 then press 1.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:34 PM
plumpzz

Freehold nissan FTW!. Lynnes sucks big time. Don't go to the one in 22 either, they suck another big one.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by evolved326
1-800-nissan1

press 7 then press 1.
Thanks man, im gonan give em a ring tomorrow
Old 04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
dsmZ

which lynnes did you go to? i just purchased mine from lynnes in bloomfield. i believe they have a lynnes east and a lynnes west?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 PM
smallello

What is this 60 day thing, I never heard of that. Why can't go to any dealer you want?

There has to be another dealer closer than 45 min from you.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dsmZ
which lynnes did you go to? i just purchased mine from lynnes in bloomfield. i believe they have a lynnes east and a lynnes west?
The one in bloomfield. wut did u buy? new or used? I hope everything goes well with ur car.. the service and the ppl that work there are just wow.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by smallello
What is this 60 day thing, I never heard of that. Why can't go to any dealer you want?

There has to be another dealer closer than 45 min from you.
I can go to another dealer ... my local nissan dealer that I go to everytime.. does an amazing job.. but when I went there they said they will not work on it because its under 60 days.. within those 60days u have to get it checked/fixed at there service. Its under Nissans "rule" I guess I could say.

If the car was purchased from a nissan dealer, within 60 days the service is required to pay 100% of parts and labor, if anything goes wrong with your car.

Im gonna see in what condition the clutch is tomorrow.. and if its in good shape.. im gonna take it and gett out of there n wait 30 more days.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:45 PM
arejohn

This 60 day rule documented in your owners manual?? If not it's bs. I think there is problem excalation procedure in the book also.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Freehold nissan FTW!. Lynnes sucks big time. Don't go to the one in 22 either, they suck another big one.
or Denville Nissan. I about to go to the one on 46 with Yogi Bera
Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

what do you guys think about the tranny?

He told me.. " Nissan will not replace your manual tranny, they only fix the internals. They replace trannys for automatic cars only"... is this true??? I know a lot of ppl from here that have gotten there trannys replaced/NEW because of grinding gears. Am I correct?
Old 04-25-2007, 03:52 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arejohn
This 60 day rule documented in your owners manual?? If not it's bs. I think there is problem excalation procedure in the book also.
No, it is NOT documented in teh Owner's manual ot the Warranty Informtion.

Actually, it says "You must take the vehicle to an authorized Nissan dealer in the United States or Canada during regualr business hours."

If ANY Nissan dealer refuses to work on it, call Nissan Consumer Affairs. There is no "60 day rule".

bill
Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 AM
zipgun

Man so many Nissan dealers are crooked or useless , makes you wonder what would it be like if you purchased the upcoming GTR and went thru something similar? yikes...
Old 04-25-2007, 05:10 AM
frank350z

Why would you threaten to bad mouth the dealer on an internet forum and complain about them, and STILL leave your car there....

I would've just drove straight to another Nissan dealer near you. I never heard of a 60-day policy, if the car is broke and under warranty a Nissan Dealer Service center is supposed to fix it.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:12 AM
trains1937

Received 118 Likes on 14 Posts

That "60 day" rule is crap. Its not in the guarantee. I had a problem with the tire pressure sensor less than 2 weeks after getting the car, brought it to a closer Nissan dealer, and got it corrected with no hassles. READ YOUR GUARANTEE. DON'T LET THE DEALERSHIP SNOW YOU!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Lynnes Nissan Service. Im about to FLIP!