Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Freak accident involving 350Z in my town

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:22 PM
hardrock905

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Yeah, for kicks I let my car run over me all the time... I love the way my lungs puncture as my ribcage collapses. Can't wait to do it again, good times.

Ever think that maybe it's wasn't the drivers fault? She's dead. Show a little respect.
I agree that some respect needs to be shown, and yes it is sad.
But how in the hell could this NOT be the drivers fault?
If she would of had her e-brake on.......or cut her wheels to the side......or didn't have it in neutral or a combination of one of her THREE options, this most likely would not have happened.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 984 Likes on 747 Posts

why are people saying rip and that shes dead, i didnt see in the link that she died, only injuries.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
why are people saying rip and that shes dead, i didnt see in the link that she died, only injuries.
Hmmmmm. Nor do I??????
Old 05-03-2007, 06:58 PM
bofa

One of my uncles who has been around cars his whole life, building them and racing them, parked his new Corvette on an incline and was so excited about the car he forgot to set the e-brake. It rolled downhill and went through a fence... lol
Old 05-03-2007, 07:33 PM
BrianDT3wZ

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
If you read the entire 1st post from the OP, he goes on to say she later died from her injuries.....I believe he lives local......
Old 05-03-2007, 07:35 PM
BrianDT3wZ

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Hmmmmm. Nor do I??????
A girl was run over by her own Z. The article doesn't state it but she later died from a crushed ribcage, two punctured ribs, and an ruptured spleen. It is believed that she parked on an incline with the car in neutral and the parking brake not set.

^^^^from 1st post^^^^
Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 PM
angelzhope720

I guess I should put it into gear everytime I park now. Kinda sucks, I wanted to get a remote starter in the near future. I'm just curious as to how she got run over. Why was she was behind her vehicle after she parked in the first place? Hence being trapped under it. I remember this happened to my friend once in his supra. It was headed straight for a tree so I just hopped over the car lol... Luckily it hit the curb and stalled.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 PM
alan86

wait how could she get out of the car if the car is parked uphill? woiuldn't it start rolling backwards the moment her foot is set off the brake pedal?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:34 PM
hidehide

If the car started to move while you are trying to get out.. the best is to move back inside the seat and step on the brake.. how could she end up being underneath the car...
Old 05-03-2007, 11:45 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alan86
wait how could she get out of the car if the car is parked uphill? woiuldn't it start rolling backwards the moment her foot is set off the brake pedal?
No. Sometimes the inclines are not steep enough but the will start moving with the weight of a person shifting the car (in this case possibly, getting out of a vehicle).

I was trying to have sex in my Z once and had to put the e-brake down. Its impossible to have sex in there as is, the e-brake was just getting in the way. I was parked on an incline but it wasn't anything big enough to get the car rolling. With the movements in the car, I suddenly realized we were moving forward and I nearly put the car into a fence.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:49 AM
Moreorles

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
i did not know there service dept was bad thanks for the heds up, but the Nissan Dearelship in Spartanburg couldn't get on the ball with the ordering, so i will get the car in Greenwood and service in Spartanburg or do it my self. May i ask why they wouldn't sell you one? They let me take out the first 07 they got on the lot and it was a touring. I delt with John and he seemed to be pretty easy going, he even let me take it down 25 at a pretty good rate.

They were more than willing to let me test drive the cars. The first salesman (I don't remember his name) ignored my wife to the point of insulting her. He acted as if she wasn't even there. She would ask a question, he would direct the answer at me. Very odd. After we decided we wanted a Z, we knew we wanted a specific model, color, options, etc... They were completely unwilling to find or order the car for me. I was pretty much told to buy one off the lot or don't get one at all. The entire experience was odd. I have never experienced that at a car dealer before and I have purchased many cars.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:59 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Sad story indeed. Let this be a lesson to all the retards who ghost ride their cars...being outside around a moving car is no joke even if you think you have control of the situation.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:31 AM
coreapoc

C Thompsons sales/management team are total douchebags and totally clueless. I remember when I went there a few years back with my supra and the guy there said he could give me $14k trade in value on it. I laughed at him and said he was pathetic and left.

HOWEVER their body shop does amazing work. Totally different group of guys though.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Moreorles

Originally Posted by coreapoc
C Thompsons sales/management team are total douchebags and totally clueless. I remember when I went there a few years back with my supra and the guy there said he could give me $14k trade in value on it. I laughed at him and said he was pathetic and left.

HOWEVER their body shop does amazing work. Totally different group of guys though.
You are indeed correct. Their body shop does great work.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:21 AM
6894kevin

Thanks for the good info fellas, I hope i don't need the body shop.
As for the sales man i had the same thing happen to me when my mom wanted to buy a car the guy at the acura dealership would only talk to me, but that worked out great cause i talked him down.
I also must admit the guy i am working with is a formor LEO and i know some of his contacts, so he has bent over backwards to help me and keep me updated. I hope i will pick it up some time next week. You all aren't to far away so we should meet up when i get mine, again thanks for the info.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 05-04-2007, 07:29 AM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thats crazy. Getting killed by your car and she wasn't even driving it!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:40 AM
ZBigDog

SMH at some of the insensitive comments, I feel for her family.

I remember when I was about 13 playing outside my neighbor did the same thing on a slanted driveway and had the car roll back while she was getting out, the open door knocked her over but didn't drag her or anything, me and my friends stopped the car, pushed it back up and she didn't even thank us.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:04 PM
realcom2

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I personally recommend using your E-Brake NO MATTER WHAT transmission you have. Two reasons (and a lot of people thought I was nuts using my ebrake with my auto cars)

1) Keeps the E-brake from rusting/freezing. Can't tell you how many 10+ year old cars don't have a functional e-brake anymore because it was never used and eventually rusted to the point of it not working/breaking when it was used.

2) Parking pawl, most people don't have a clue what this is but it's actually the device that stops an automatic from rolling down a hill while in park. While the pawl is engaged there is stress put on the drivetrain and if parked using only the pawl over a number of years in hill situations you could eventually cause any number of premature failures in the drivetrain including the pawl (which would require a trans removal/rebuild to fix from what I know).

I totally agree. In the past I have been told by mechanics to use my parking brake on my automtic at least once a week. I always use my parking brake when parking my auto (not my Z) on a hill because it sounds/feels a lot softer on the gears when I shift from Park to Drive and then remove the brake.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:15 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Originally Posted by keosh
wow poor girl omg i hope she is ok
um.
she's dead.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:41 AM
hidehide

Originally Posted by Mid117
Unfortunate indeed, but maybe she should've gotten a 5at.

RIP.
I saw a car without driver roll down in a parking lot where there is a slight slope.. and it hit another car next to me, I was standing next to it..
I looked inside, its an AT..
It seems that lady left the gear in D, didnt pull the E-brake, and left the car...
but newer cars usually dont allow you to pull out the key if its on D-drive...

Quick Reply: Freak accident involving 350Z in my town