Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z possibily overturned. buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM
RichEdward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z possibily overturned. buy?

Hi guys. First off, I have been saving for a Z for close to a year now. I have learned a lot on this board lurking in that amount of time, it seems that everyone here contributes lots of knowledge and enthusiasm towards anything Z related. Great place to go to for information!

That being said, this is my first post. I have located a Z. 03 touring 27k odo asking for $20k. The car looks immaculate, inside, outside, and drives like a dream. i ran a carfax and found out it was involved in an accident last April. It was the 4th car in a 4 car highway collision. According to CarFax, it hit the vehicle in front of it, hit a post, and was overturned. According to the police report (which was the source for the carfax) there is no mention of a post, or the vehicle being overturned, however, it was mentioned it was towed from the site. Also, in CarFax, it says "front area primarily damaged" Also, according to the driver, the car was not overturned....

i guess i have 2 questions.

1) was it possible the vehicle was not overturned? I mean, carfax said "front area damaged" if it was overturned, wouldnt it highlight more areas damaged? and no frame damage was reported, and no salvage title. Again, the car looks beautiful. why would it not be included in the police report but in carfax?

2) If i take the necessary precautions, have Nissan give it the 125 pt inspection AND get price reduced to $15k AND get a 100,000 4 yr warranty , Is this a car worth purchasing? I cannot stress how great the vehicle looks. I have been looking for a touring black/silver for several months now, and this seems like an opportunityto grab one below my ceiling of $20k with low(er) milage.

Any insight would be appreciated. If I posted in the wrong forum, I apologize. I have just been waiting for a whole year to afford this car, I can hardly wait any longer.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Pass on this one. There are plenty of 350Zs out there that have not been crashed.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Brrcats

Originally Posted by RichEdward
Hi guys. First off, I have been saving for a Z for close to a year now. I have learned a lot on this board lurking in that amount of time, it seems that everyone here contributes lots of knowledge and enthusiasm towards anything Z related. Great place to go to for information!

That being said, this is my first post. I have located a Z. 03 touring 27k odo asking for $20k. The car looks immaculate, inside, outside, and drives like a dream. i ran a carfax and found out it was involved in an accident last April. It was the 4th car in a 4 car highway collision. According to CarFax, it hit the vehicle in front of it, hit a post, and was overturned. According to the police report (which was the source for the carfax) there is no mention of a post, or the vehicle being overturned, however, it was mentioned it was towed from the site. Also, in CarFax, it says "front area primarily damaged" Also, according to the driver, the car was not overturned....

1) was it possible the vehicle was not overturned? I mean, carfax said "front area damaged" if it was overturned, wouldnt it highlight more areas damaged? and no frame damage was reported, and no salvage title. Again, the car looks beautiful. why would it not be included in the police report but in carfax?

2) If i take the necessary precautions, have Nissan give it the 125 pt inspection AND get price reduced to $15k AND get a 100,000 4 yr warranty , Is this a car worth purchasing? I cannot stress how great the vehicle looks. I have been looking for a touring black/silver for several months now, and this seems like an opportunityto grab one below my ceiling of $20k with low(er) milage.

Any insight would be appreciated. If I posted in the wrong forum, I apologize. I have just been waiting for a whole year to afford this car, I can hardly wait any longer.
I would definitely have it checked out just because of the history of an accident, and getting the extended warranty is also a good idea. However I doubt that you'll be able to get him to drop the price 25%. You might be able to get him to drop it some, but I doubt you'll get a 5 grand drop. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
zdotcom

Get a different one.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do not buy this one !
Old 05-03-2007, 12:36 PM
timmays350

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dont do it. its not worth the gamble when there are so many other Z's out there that havn't been wrecked for around the same amount of money. yeah it might be a great looking car, but once it's been in a wreck it's never the same, it'll just save you the trouble of pouring money into it later on down the road when **** goes wrong. my
Old 05-03-2007, 01:23 PM
RichEdward

I agree on the potential problems down the road, and how they might come up. However, do you guys think a Nissan inspection may be able to predict any upcoming problems? Additionally, with a warranty, I would not be paying for the work (if any) done on the car. And yeah, if he does not drop price $5k, I am not moving forward with this. There is a beautiful 04 black/black touring with 49odo for $20 that I am looking at. But that is out of the area, and man this silver looks sweet.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car Fax only receives information if the car was totalled. So that is the reason why you see that info on it. Normal fender bender accidents will never show up on Car Fax.

Hi guys

. First off, I have been saving for a Z for close to a year now. I have learned a lot on this board lurking in that amount of time, it seems that everyone here contributes lots of knowledge and enthusiasm towards anything Z related. Great place to go to for information!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
JunkStory

$20,000 for a crashed 03?? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 05-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Car Fax only receives information if the car was totalled. So that is the reason why you see that info on it. Normal fender bender accidents will never show up on Car Fax.

You are wrong! Every police report or insurance claim gets to the carfax. Look it up.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Fluid1

Absolutely not. I'm surprised, that with two years of research, you're asking one of the most elementary questions with your first post.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Changvi

Do not buy it. Pass on this one and keep searching for a nicer used Z. There are plenty out there for you to chose from.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:52 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Tac-M
You are wrong! Every police report or insurance claim gets to the carfax. Look it up.

Wow, amazing someone comes in here without doing research and says I am wrong as always. No sir you need to look it up. Do a search about CarFax. It does NOT show MOST reports unless the car was totalled. It has been known for a long time.

http://www.westcarsettlement.com/

CarFax is getting sued because its not showing Data. I have had 5 cars that got hit or almost totalled. Police Reports and Insurance claims done. NONE showed up on carfax. And no one elses that I know have shown up.

An Example.

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/show...t=carfax+wreck

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 05-03-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:02 PM
shimz350z

Originally Posted by timmays350
dont do it. its not worth the gamble when there are so many other Z's out there that havn't been wrecked for around the same amount of money. yeah it might be a great looking car, but once it's been in a wreck it's never the same, it'll just save you the trouble of pouring money into it later on down the road when **** goes wrong. my

From experience on another car.

Once in an accident, it's NEVER the same.

I'd say maybe 1 out of a million would recover

Old 05-03-2007, 03:03 PM
RichEdward

Originally Posted by JunkStory
$20,000 for a crashed 03?? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Obviously I would not pay that, I would only consider moving forward if the price was relaxed to $15k.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:11 PM
tranceformer95

Not only no, but HELL NO.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 PM
RichEdward

liking the feedback everyone. thanks!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:03 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Wow, amazing someone comes in here without doing research and says I am wrong as always. No sir you need to look it up. Do a search about CarFax. It does NOT show MOST reports unless the car was totalled. It has been known for a long time.

http://www.westcarsettlement.com/

CarFax is getting sued because its not showing Data. I have had 5 cars that got hit or almost totalled. Police Reports and Insurance claims done. NONE showed up on carfax. And no one elses that I know have shown up.

An Example.

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/show...t=carfax+wreck
Sorry.....but I disagree as well. I am speaking from experience here. I had a Jeep Cherokee that the wife crashed. Insurance fixed it, drove like new.
When I went to trade it in, the sh#t hit the fan. I had one hell of a time getting a decent deal once the infamous CarFax report would come back on it.
I believe the biggest factor on whether damage is reported to CarFax is the insurance company you are dealing with.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:05 PM
RichEdward

Originally Posted by Fluid1
Absolutely not. I'm surprised, that with two years of research, you're asking one of the most elementary questions with your first post.
Where did you get two years? christ on a pony
Old 05-03-2007, 04:50 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

As guys above say: run opposite direction.

Quick Reply: 350z possibily overturned. buy?