Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z is hot (1 compliment a day proves it)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:24 AM
chriskabobbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate old women who think it's their job to take down your plates and get you in trouble, just mind your own business and face the fact that your car is not as fast as ours!!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:28 AM
ldawg32

Originally Posted by Zya123
I live in NY and I have gotten a few but not too many, Where are you at when people talk to you?, I know since its just about summer here ill get more

we only get a few compliments b/c New Yorkers arent as friendly as from other parts of the country.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ldawg32
we only get a few compliments b/c New Yorkers arent as friendly as from other parts of the country.

It's hard to stop and compliment somebody's car in NYC when everybody is trying to get from point A to point B on the subways. Also NYC has got to be one of the most populated cities in the US in which people dont talk to each other on the streets.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:23 AM
exchange240sx

Definitely not many stranger compliments for me, but a ton of compliments from co-workers, friends, and acquaintances. And while I haven't noticed it (I'm too busy enjoying the drive), but my girlfriend says that a lot of people turn their heads and stare.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:55 AM
blackstealthz

Yea since i got my 07 i get alot of stares and angry stares specially from the honda crowd.I think they hate the Z's even when i had my 03 i got the same stares but then when you look over they look away and speed off. Just yesterday i was at a redlight by a train station a few kids were standing by i hear one say holy **** that is my dream car now that made me feel good.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:23 AM
AlexBG

I usually go to this meet every thursday night.

Even tho my car is stock
people do come and talk and compliment.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:26 AM
timmywick

2 many z's around here, also the 350z is not that hot compared to alota cars in socal. Not to say that I do not love it.....but?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:38 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Living in southern Cal, a 350Z is often on the low end of the status scale. It is not uncommon to see Lambo's & Ferrari's in the parking lot when I go shopping. Comparitively, the 350Z simply does not draw a lot of second looks.

I take comfort in knowing that all of these yuppies work their entire life off trying to out do each other while I continue to travel around the world surfing & skiing. They can have their exotic sports cars, I will take my 350Z & have the time of my life instead.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:18 PM
nzpv03

dont hate on the yuppies...i congratulate them for what they've earned...i think a modded z gets plenty of stares
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
philude

Originally Posted by zland
Living in southern Cal, a 350Z is often on the low end of the status scale. It is not uncommon to see Lambo's & Ferrari's in the parking lot when I go shopping. Comparitively, the 350Z simply does not draw a lot of second looks.

I take comfort in knowing that all of these yuppies work their entire life off trying to out do each other while I continue to travel around the world surfing & skiing. They can have their exotic sports cars, I will take my 350Z & have the time of my life instead.
for the money and lifestyle it takes to afford one of those exotics, i'm sure they go skiing just as much as you do.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
nzpv03

Originally Posted by philude
for the money and lifestyle it takes to afford one of those exotics, i'm sure they go skiing just as much as you do.
damn good call
Old 05-04-2007, 12:43 PM
kaizenro1

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
It's hard to stop and compliment somebody's car in NYC when everybody is trying to get from point A to point B on the subways. Also NYC has got to be one of the most populated cities in the US in which people dont talk to each other on the streets.
I was in NYC riding shotgun in my friend's Z and a guy next to us pulled out an uzi and fired it into the air.

My friend ran the light and was scared s*itless but I told him in New York, that's a compliment that he likes your ride.

In LA, it's a warning of Armageddon.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Richy350Z

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
i hate old women who think it's their job to take down your plates and get you in trouble, just mind your own business and face the fact that your car is not as fast as ours!!
I remember one time I was only doing about 55mph on a 45 and an old lady cut me off and i just switch to the next lane by down shifting (went around her) and then we stopped in the red light. she was looking at me MAD!! lol and she then gets a pen and paper, I was laughing ( I had paper plates ) I rolled my window down she said "I'm reporting you to the cops" I was like "Ok go ahead, let me hep you" I pulled up and let her see my plate!!! lmao then light turned green she then followed me all the way home, so hell no I didn't park I kept going and went out to big streets again, and lost her...

poor old lady... it was her fault at first anyways. she cut me off....
Old 05-04-2007, 12:46 PM
mikecamp

Originally Posted by zland

Well you could always save up a "wee" bit more and get an Elise. Not sure how you'd get skis or a surfboard on it though. Of course, I'm guessing the Elise will get stares in SoCal.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Richy350Z

It's sad how when I first bought my Z ( 2 1/2 years ago ) As soon as I drove it home, parked it. I got my first compliment in 5 minutes from an old guy "That's a nice ride" after that I got hundreds of them... and now, it's sad and hurts me to say that seeing a Z is like seeing an Acoord now...

That's why I have made the decision to cutomize my Z inside and out! (still haven't started) lol
Old 05-04-2007, 12:54 PM
aren21

Yup, I barely get any compliments since I live near L.A.The Z is not really a big deal at all compared to other cars, but I dont care..I love it.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Boosted4

When I was driving the Z, I got a lot of compliments. There are about 10 of them on base, but all the others are stock. I got a lot of , thats a nice car, nice ride, and thats a sweet car.

Its nice to have a car that not a lot of other people can afford or can drive.

D
Old 05-04-2007, 09:53 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I always felt like you should drive a car that would not change your life style to own it or wreck it. For me to own a car much more expensive then a Z would do that for me & honestly no car is worth that much IMO.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:25 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I doubt it in many cases. I am surrounded by people in multimillion dollar homes (I have a white water view of the surf in southern California) & many of those people are working professionals that work so often, their houses are seldom enjoyed. I know, I surf all the time & talk to them when getting out of the water. They are mostly overworked, exhausted, & out of shape. Nice people in general but none of this makes me admire their lifestyle.

Unless you are so wealthy you do not have to work extra long hours, it is not worth it to sacrifice your life to climb up the ladder to buy houses, cars etc. That is simply my opinion & many here will disagree.

I am 50 years old & already buried 2 good friends. When it is all said & done, what you own does not matter much. I have traveled all over the world surfing (at least 2 months every year for over the past 20 years) & I would not trade that experience for an Enzo or a designer house. Material things do not matter to me as much as experiences so someone making 200K a year does not impress me as someone that is living a life of freedom & interesting experiences. The million dollar homes next to me look out on a beach that is basically crap compared to the pristine beaches I am at which are the most beautiful in the world. Ironically, many times I meet extremely wealthy people in these areas but they are not the working class of wealth, they typically come from a long line of family wealth & they are not focused on the things they own as much as the type of experiences I am talking about.

I had the fortune of building my dream house on several acres I designed & other toys by the time I was 30 years old. Within 5-6 years I realized that I did not own the house & all the other toys, they owned me. Everyday I needed to maintain or fix something & pretty soon I resented having them occupy my time. For me one of the best days of my life was selling everything. Sure it would be nice to have a lot of things if you had so much money that you also had servants to maintain those things & still have freedom. My bet is most of you don’t have that type of money nor will you.

I am sure some of you will not understand my perspective on things. Maybe you never will or you might in 10-20 years. Regardless, that is my perspective & if you disagree, that is fine. Whatever makes you happy is what you should do. Just remember, owning something does not make you a better person or more important & if someone you know thinks it does, is this really a person you value as a friend?

When I was in the 6th grade, my brother went to high school with a friend whose father was very wealthy. His dad collected Rolls Royce as a hobby (had a warehouse full of them). When his son turned 16, he got him out of school & told him “let buy you a car, any car you want. Do you want a Porsche, Ferrari”? I was amazed when he brought home a used, rusted out Chevy Impala. I asked him why he would get that instead of a Ferrari & he told me “my family has been rich my entire life so those things are something I know I can have anytime but if I got one & brought it to school, everyone would treat me different. I would never know who my real friends were from those that liked me for what I owned.

In the end, I constantly make a choice of lifestyle over possessions.

Last edited by zland; 05-04-2007 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:47 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Brilliant post Jeff. I hope a few here understand your eloquent words.

Quick Reply: Z is hot (1 compliment a day proves it)