Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

totaled the z

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 10:18 AM
gregtotheb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Kegsbane] Modding trucks is fun, too.

QUOTE] +1 get something like a tacoma i had one and i had a blast with it.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:25 AM
CarlosCh

Wow!!! Yet another 'totaled' thread! Gosh, no wonder the poor Z is scoring high on accident rates!

Well, at least the kid is honest enough to say that he was responsible for the whole thing... it seems that others just blame it on the wind/road/weather/karma/butterfly effect

Good thing you got out alive, kiddo. Now improve on your driving skills and we will see you 'round.

C.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:26 AM
jimmyloose

tard.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by CarlosCh
Wow!!! Yet another 'totaled' thread! Gosh, no wonder the poor Z is scoring high on accident rates!

Well, at least the kid is honest enough to say that he was responsible for the whole thing... it seems that others just blame it on the wind/road/weather/karma/butterfly effect

Good thing you got out alive, kiddo. Now improve on your driving skills and we will see you 'round.

C.

he did blame it on the wind.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 AM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by Driven1
And thats what I had. Actually to be more exact, it was a Volvo.

It's not his fault his parents gave him a Z. If my parents offered that up to me at 16, I can't honestly say I wouldn't have jumped all over it as well.

My point is he's a kid and everyone's bashing him like he should have the common sense, wisdom, and smarts of a 50 y/o. And even some of the people that age are questionable at times.

Stop bashing him and teach him. He's a friggin kid.

If you dont have the maturity you shouldnt be driving the car...doesnt matter what age. Obviously his parents are just as dumb for not knowing how immature their son was. Some people can handle it at a young age, some can't. You can be young and be smart/respectful/mature behind the wheel. OP wasn't and got pwned by the Z and deserves to be bashed.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:36 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

sorry bro
Old 05-06-2007, 10:40 AM
twotonetrack

Thanks for being the reason my insurance is so high.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:53 AM
CarlosCh

Originally Posted by Tubbs
he did blame it on the wind.
Duh... I only read his original post

C.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:19 AM
The Black Z

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
If you dont have the maturity you shouldnt be driving the car...doesnt matter what age. Obviously his parents are just as dumb for not knowing how immature their son was. Some people can handle it at a young age, some can't. You can be young and be smart/respectful/mature behind the wheel. OP wasn't and got pwned by the Z and deserves to be bashed.

So true.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Skidfive805

Originally Posted by suv11186
Glad you two are ok, but no sympathy for young spoiled punks that treat their expensive gifts like crap.....ie, driving recklessly in a $30,000 dollar car give or take. Keep it at the track man. You're the kind that gives the rest of us a bad rep while we're trying to cruise around in our Z's. Yea, I'm only 22. Not much older than you, but I paid for mine and I act like it when I drive it. Just my .02

Amen brotha.

Im with you. only 21 here but already owned three cars myself and pay my own insurance and car payments.

no wrecks and one ticket, damn 63 in a 55. O well.

By the way, to the OP. I was driving 71 on LA freeways when a raised truck, passes me, slows down, then immediately cuts into my lane. his rear tire equal to my front tire. I avoided the crash and ended up correcting properly and drifting sideways for a few seconds.

trust me, the car handles perfectly well. O, and it was 25 mph winds that day and I did not take flight.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Fluid1

hahahahahahahaahaha
Old 05-06-2007, 11:35 AM
rockinbboy

f**cking 16 year old totalling a Z. There goes my insurance. Thanks douche-bag.

Go drive a scion xA. When you are older and more experienced then upgrade to a tC. After that maybe you can reconsider a Z.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:45 AM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by Skidfive805
Amen brotha.

O, and it was 25 mph winds that day and I did not take flight.

i told the OP not to put this kite on the back of his car... too much lift from the spinning headlights(and mad ricer), he didnt listen

Old 05-06-2007, 11:48 AM
pln2311

Would you total my motorcyle for me?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Skidfive805

Default .

good stuff

(both of the last two posts)
Old 05-06-2007, 11:55 AM
chriskabobbers

lol in my experiences with young kids who are 16 and 17 and have a Z, they're too cocky for one, and yes they try to show off way too much in front of everyone, so no wonder they always are the ones to get into these crazy accidents first. you kids with nice cars need to be more careful, there are other people on the road, keep that in mind, and even if there aren't people on the road, treat it as if there were.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:04 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Tubbs
Our bashing is a way of teaching. Kids are Grade A morons right now because of all this PC crap in the world, and parents trying to one up each other by buying their kids more expensive things than the other neighbors.

The OP and his parents are morons.
Exactly. It's called tough love. Too many parents these days don't give a hoot about raising their kids, so they buy them love. The fact that parents also have to show off through their kids is pathetic.

As for the OP, I hope he never comes back.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:05 PM
creationv2

umm...it hought anything 100+ got you arrested...or at least a ban from driving or soemthing O_o
Old 05-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Divergent13

Originally Posted by 26350z26
wow i cannot believe it last night about 6ish i was driving with my friend we were going pretty fast and then it happened lost controlled skidded across the freeway off to the side down a small hill flipped twice over a fence and landed on the wheels i dont really remember it but my friend does and he told me it we flipped couple times i cant believe it ive read soo much crap bout 350z getting totaled and here i am talking bout how it happened to me i got a fatty a** ticket but im fine jus a f***ed up face damn its crazy i didnt get any pictures cause the cop said he was chasing after me and saw what happened which i think is bs cause i didnt see no cop after me but me and my friend are find prob not gonna get a new z only 2 months old im thinking of getting a used truck but im only 16 my mom or my dad has to buy it and right now things dont look good but i live 20 miles from school and haVE TO DRIVE but thank god im still alive and nothing serious i love my z and i really messed up and i take full responsbilty i wasnt driving safe in the bad conditions. thank you
hopefully you won't reproduce
Old 05-06-2007, 12:14 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by creationv2
umm...it hought anything 100+ got you arrested...or at least a ban from driving or soemthing O_o

nevermind...found the actual text

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22348.htm

Excessive Speed and Designated Lane Use

22348. (a) Notwithstanding subdivision (b) of Section 22351, no person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway with a speed limit established pursuant to Section 22349 or 22356 at a speed greater than that speed limit.

(b) Any person who drives a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 100 miles per hour is guilty of an infraction punishable, as follows:

(1) Upon a first conviction of a violation of this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The court may also suspend the privilege of the person to operate a motor vehicle for a period not to exceed 30 days pursuant to Section 13200.5.

(2) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense which occurred within three years of a prior offense resulting in a conviction of an offense under this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 13355.

(3) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense which occurred within five years of two or more prior offenses resulting in convictions of offenses under this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 13355.

(c) Any vehicle subject to Section 22406 shall be driven in a lane designated pursuant to Section 21655, or if no lane has been so designated, in the right-hand lane for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand edge or curb. When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, the drivers shall use either the designated lane, the lane to the immediate left of the right-hand lane, or the right-hand lane for traffic as permitted under this code. If, however, specific lane or lanes have not been designated on a divided highway having four or more clearly marked lanes for traffic in one direction, any such vehicle may also be driven in the lane to the immediate left of the right-hand lane, unless otherwise prohibited under this code. This subdivision does not apply to a driver who is preparing for a left- or right-hand turn or who is in the process of entering into or exiting from a highway or to a driver who is required necessarily to drive in a lane other than the right-hand lane to continue on his or her intended route.

Quick Reply: totaled the z