Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Essential first mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 06:46 AM
lawman0210

Exclamation

Gothchick, Ok lets go with that idea. Please go to search and then type in FI and see what you get. Let me tell you 0. Thats right 0. If you don't know what it is you can't very well do a search. The problem with you and people like you is that you have this "I'm better then you complex" because you have been around longer. That is your standard answer Do a search and thats been asked so many times. Just because you know the answer doesn't mean its been asked so many times. How about this, if you know the answer but are to lazy to answer it don't type anything? That would be a start and maybe people wouldn't look for other sites to get their answers. Maybe some here are just to young.
Old 05-11-2007 | 07:14 AM
LifeIsRisky

We Interrupt This Thread for a reality break!

Wow this thread really has gone a bit off topic.

I have to agree though that just because someone asks what appears to be a stupid question to others that doesn't mean they are an idiot. "What is FI?" is a valid question if you are new to modding or "engine speak" and yes it does show "0" results when you search for it.

Anyway back to the thread .....

I do appreciate all the responses and am filing the info away in my electronic brain (my blackberry). Thanks and please let's try and keep this on topic. It is definitely a thread that other new / future / interested Z owners might find value in.
Old 05-11-2007 | 07:49 AM
Bumpinjeep

My first "mod" for my 07 was 20% tint and "350Z" shaved off in the back. Next month comes the lip and wheels.
Old 05-11-2007 | 08:00 AM
LifeIsRisky

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
My first "mod" for my 07 was 20% tint and "350Z" shaved off in the back. Next month comes the lip and wheels.
Why shave the 350Z ? Are you looking to go with a totally smooth luck as in no emblems, handles, etc? Or was there some other creative reason?

Oh and I am really torn on the color... San Mateo or Magnetic Black... hmmmm
Old 05-11-2007 | 08:15 AM
Bumpinjeep

Trust me, i'll post some pics on sat, but i think without the "350Z" on the back of the car, it just looks a lot cleaner. I still have the Nissan burger and the Z on the sides. And i love the door handles so im not taking those off. My birthday is next month so im gonna treat myself again (i treated myself last month too [bought my Z]).
Old 05-11-2007 | 08:15 AM
HitLines

Without knowing a budget it is hard to suggest mods. I'll offer up my order though in the 3 months I have had my car.
  1. V1 w/ InvisiCord (from previous firebird)
  2. 20% tint
  3. JDM Short Antenna
  4. Hotchkis sway
  5. 19" Bronze D5R Speed Star wheels
  6. JWT Popcharger
  7. Shaved rear wiper
  8. Burnt orange boot, arm rests, center console
Old 05-11-2007 | 08:22 AM
LifeIsRisky

Hitlines nice list of mods and you are right I neglected to state a budget.

Basically I can make my budget what I need to make it in order to get the car I want. Not trying to say I am loaded but I plan on putting money into this car sooner or later so.. suggest away. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2007 | 08:40 AM
nzpv03

ahaha lawman is intense....sorry but civic's funny man! NO oNE ****** mentioned an INTerFOoLErrr?!?!?! you need an interfooler...trust US
Old 05-11-2007 | 09:16 AM
lawman0210

Well I would have to say due to previous responses from questions asked by sincere posters i expected the response to be "Frkn Ignoramous" so i guess I wasn't bashed as bad as i could of been.
Old 05-11-2007 | 11:55 AM
gothchick

Before & after Dynos for the Interfooler:

Edit: For idiots like lawnmowerman who may not know what a dyno is either... A D-y-n-o is a machine we put our car on to measure it's output to the wheels in the form of H-o-r-s-e-p-o-w-e-r and T-o-r-q-u-e. Lol!
Attached Thumbnails Essential first mods?-baselinedyno-1-.jpg  

Last edited by gothchick; 05-11-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2007 | 01:07 PM
gsazabi

I can't believe no one mentioned Nismo Floormats yet!
Old 05-11-2007 | 03:05 PM
lawman0210

Goth Chicklette
As not to get into a battle of the minds with you. I will take that last comment in fun. Thank you for explaining what a Dyno is.
Old 05-11-2007 | 06:12 PM
nzpv03

lawman..what makes you think you can come here with your 20 comments and start **** with everyone? lawman...are you a police officer? cuz you sound like a douchebag
Old 05-11-2007 | 06:47 PM
lawman0210

Exclamation

NZP. I am sorry. So you say that do to the fact that I have only 20 post I can treated as a second class citizen? That when I ask a question that gives people the right to make a joke out of it? Well my friend I stated that if you don't have any positive remarks to add then just pass it by. The energy used to try to come up with a funny remark could be used for a positive reply. There is enough information to read to spends weeks reading it without having to filter out all the nonsense remarks. I don't expect a small brain person like yourself to understand that. Moderator please review this thread and if you think that I have been unreasonable put me in my place or ban me. If not then please post a remark standing up for your forum and advise some of these idiots that these forums are meant to be informative not a comedy club.
Old 05-11-2007 | 09:17 PM
CivicDelSlow

Originally Posted by lawman0210
OH OK here we go. You can tell an idiot when you see one. I made a Typo (typo shouldn't be capitalized) (Entertained) I am sorry i (I should be capitalized) did not proof read my post before posting. During the many years I have been reading forums(comma) I have noticed that readers can tell that the guy who has to come back with a remark about ones typos really had no come back at all. I guess your next post will attack my grammar (Me? NEVER!). Hopefully while your(you're) wasting your time doing that(comma) a real reader will have his question answered by a knowlegable(knowledgeable) sincere reader. Everyone got my meaning and I did not have to spend more time out of my life to to explain that your(you're) are an idiot and added nothing to my post.

(MarkY) that you for your reply
OH OK here we go. You can tell an idiot when you see one. I made a Typo (typo shouldn't be capitalized) (Entertained) I am sorry i (I should be capitalized) did not proof read my post before posting. During the many years I have been reading forums(comma) I have noticed that readers can tell that the guy who has to come back with a remark about ones typos really had no come back at all. I guess your next post will attack my grammar (Me? NEVER!). Hopefully while your(you're) wasting your time doing that(comma) a real reader will have his question answered by a knowlegable(knowledgeable) sincere reader. Everyone got my meaning and I did not have to spend more time out of my life to to explain that your(you're) are an idiot and added nothing to my post.

Calm down Paul Walker. FI means FORCED INDUCTION. Your clutch is sticky because it's broken. Go get it fixed.
Old 05-11-2007 | 11:17 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

wth is san mateo blue? i think you mean san marino blue, as someone else pointed out also.
Old 05-12-2007 | 02:11 AM
nzpv03

Originally Posted by lawman0210
NZP. I am sorry. So you say that do to the fact that I have only 20 post I can treated as a second class citizen? That when I ask a question that gives people the right to make a joke out of it? Well my friend I stated that if you don't have any positive remarks to add then just pass it by. The energy used to try to come up with a funny remark could be used for a positive reply. There is enough information to read to spends weeks reading it without having to filter out all the nonsense remarks. I don't expect a small brain person like yourself to understand that. Moderator please review this thread and if you think that I have been unreasonable put me in my place or ban me. If not then please post a remark standing up for your forum and advise some of these idiots that these forums are meant to be informative not a comedy club.
Dont call me a small brained person if you dont know me... I happen to be a 3rd year at UCLA at the age of 19...yah my small brain worked over time for that...so what kind of amazing career have you taken up to be living in the hood? oh and many people come to the forums for comedy...youre a noob so how would you know? if you want straight/dry answers leave the forums...this isn't dictionary.com mother ******
Old 05-12-2007 | 02:49 AM
jelly

Originally Posted by nzpv03
Dont call me a small brained person if you dont know me... I happen to be a 3rd year at UCLA at the age of 19...yah my small brain worked over time for that...so what kind of amazing career have you taken up to be living in the hood? oh and many people come to the forums for comedy...youre a noob so how would you know? if you want straight/dry answers leave the forums...this isn't dictionary.com mother ******
easy~ there tiger. you want a cookie or something cuz your mama paying for you through ucla and bought you a z?

get off your high horse kid.
Old 05-12-2007 | 03:50 AM
ssnake86

wow this thread has gone to hell...

anyways back on topic. If you want to do a performance mod, the first thing you should do is exhaust and high flow cats(takes a bit of modding to fit onto an 07 cause the flanges dont match up, but its not that hard). Should add about 18whp. For an 07, its pretty much the only thing you can do, when it comes to performance mods. Nothing else is out yet, but in a couple months I'm sure there will be a few more things out.
Old 05-12-2007 | 06:26 AM
lawman0210

Exclamation

Originally Posted by nzpv03
Well lets see that tells me that you have never had a real job of any skill level and your parents bought you your Z. BTW If you think all of Baltimore is "the hood" I guess you do have a small brain. My career? At age 15 I worked small jobs while in High School. At age 16 I enlisted in the U.S Marines. At 17 I went into active service and after 6 months of training I was deployed to Beirut. You are to young to remember that. After four years I left active service and started working for DOT tracking gun and drug dealers for the Coast Guard. After 10 years of that I left and joined a major police dept. in Maryland. During those 10 years I was yelled at, threatened (to many to count), assaulted (atleast 6 times), stabbed once, (2) involved in two car accidents, shot at (atleast 6 times), and shot once. The latest incident caused so much damage that I was forced to retire, lose my career, lose my benifits, lose my house, claim bankruptcy, and my perfect credit went to crap. Well 2 years later I still found decent employment, I bought a new house, I bought a new car, and my credit is still better then yours since eveything you have came from your parents. Tell me do they pay for your auto insurance too? Now that you understand that you are a snot nosed punk I will leave it at that. this will be moy last post on the topic. So everyone who doesn't agree with me can now lay it on me I will not reply. Moderator I apologize for straying away from the actual topic. Please open up a RANT section so we can move it there.
Lawman +3
NZPV -3

Quick Reply: Essential first mods?