2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Boss dinged my 2007 Z.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 PM
derekinthez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cover

Originally Posted by BlackJack
The obvious question that comes to mind is why your car is not wearing a car cover while at work? Nissan makes an excellent one made of Weathershield that only costs about $275.Though it will not eliminate damage from the hard hits,it will protect from the little annoying ones.This skirmish with the boss is one you can't win.It might be an omen telling you to start looking for a new job,one with better parking for sure!
Putting on and taking off a cover 2-3 times daily can't be good for your car. You are bound to get road dirt on it and scratch it when putting it back on. I would only cover the car after it has been washed and polished.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:08 AM
blackstealthz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly i would def confront her and let her know and if she gets pissed.Bend her over her desk and you be her boss
Old 05-11-2007, 06:20 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

She probably doesnt even know she did that. I would just professionaly go up to her with a nice cup of hot cocoa and say hey. I was on my way out to lunch and I noticed my car had a nice ding in it. It seemed to have come from your car did you notice anything coming out of your car earlier. If she says no, then say yeah come outside lets check it out. If she says yes I'm sorry I didnt know how to tell you I'm sorry. That should be enough a 50 ding is not worth 50 hours of insurance headaches and work related headaches. Just make her aware and she will be more careful. Come at her like you have to pay for it and she will get defensive. Just my .02.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:47 AM
fresnel151

You have very little to gain and whole lot to lose by confronting her with it after the fact. Even if she admitted it a paid up, you can rest assured your career path at that company will be a dead end road.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Divergent13

Originally Posted by SOCAL350
Go get yourself a big fish and duck tape it to the frame of the truck. Took my buddy 5 weeks to figure it out. Wicked payback.
Haha but won't it rot there?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:33 PM
C4talyst

let some time pass...a few months...then bust one of windows out one day. that's the mature thing to do.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:26 PM
z32 fairlady

Originally Posted by Dio1988
collect unemployment if she fires you cuz she has no reason, and then sue her for hitting ur car!!!
and sue her for firing you because you brought it to her attention and it was wrongful termination

Last edited by z32 fairlady; 05-11-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:36 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by z32 fairlady
and sue her for firing you because you brought it to her attention and it was wrongful termination
^ Right, that makes sense, blow something as small as a ding in your door to an all out lawsuit that will tie you up in courts for years and leave a black mark on your employment history for life. Great idea.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:37 PM
A06ZRT

damn... you gunna suck it up? shallow your pride? i was in a similar situation with my '06. doesn't matter who did it. if in fact you knew who it was. and well document the damages. you'll have a case, which would more than likely award you. why back down if this is something you paid for. there's times to shut your mouth, and there's time you speak up. she doesn't have a gun on you. boss-employee don't mean jack. people see differently. these day people are on different $$$ levels. we're still humans, with different personalities. and then the negativity. are you willing to be bullied around? or are you gunna do something? if you are, document it thoroughly. good luck.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
z32 fairlady

Originally Posted by spf4000
Great idea.
Thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 07:56 PM
irish27

Originally Posted by spf4000
Definitely not worth the confrontation, especially without any proof. It's one thing if you saw her do it, but at this point, there's very little you can do to prove to her that she dinged your car. Like others have mentioned, it may end up backfiring on you if she takes it personally. Obviously, if she's the type of person who can ding up someone else's car and not tell them about it, I'm sure she's not going to come clean should you confront her. Most likely, she'll ger very defensive and offended by your "attack".

Suck it up, pay the $50 to have it fixed, and if you have to continue to park next to her because of assigned parking, put up one of those ridiculous looking ding protectors.

http://www.eurobumperguard.com/door_...on_guard_.html
http://www.topoftheline.com/garage-a...protector.html

It'll be a great way to let her know that you don't appreciate her dinging up your door without you having to say it. (Yes, I have a passive aggressive personality)
I use the door defenders. I don't want to because they look silly, but I have 4 cars and all of them have door dings except the Z. People just don't care about your propery anymore. Here in Ohio it is often fat women with 54 inch *** trying to get out of a 40 inch opening.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Cam350

do da heisman on dat hoe... what else?
Old 05-11-2007, 08:05 PM
ldawg32

wow tough situation you got there. i wouldnt say n e thing if good paying jobs are that hard to find there. is she hot?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:16 PM
TONY!

I was going to build a car and put a show quality finish on it (like the finish that is on my bike now).
Decided against it. Why? because you work at a microscopic level to make it as shiny as possible. Takes a lot of patience. Panels have to be so precise with perfect body work. You put in so much time into it, then have it exposed to so many enemies of your work.
Many places have hail.
Southeast corner of the country has hurricanes.
A bunch of states have tornados.
Bigger cities have theives and vandals.
Roads are filled with idiots.
Parking lots have people that don't give a crap about your "masterpiece work" and will have their chance to show you just how much they don't care about with their shopping carts or doors, etc.

Now, I learned to be what many considered to be a great painter (and that is saying it modestly [compared to what they really say]),
but the thing that I should have known, was how different the care I would give as opposed to everyone else that will come near it.

Now I think, if you want your stuff to be show quality (and stay that way), then the car has to be a trailer queen and stay in the garage.

People just have no appreciation of other people's belongings, and they just don't care.

Having too nice a car and making it your daily driver is like wearing a five hundred dollar suit to a mud wrestling contest.
Having something so fragile (paint finish) exposed to what it will be on a daily basis makes little sense to me.

Where I am now is, I consider my surroundings, then decide what I should have. Saves a lot of heartbreak that way.

As far as your boss, at this point, you can't do much.
What is most important is that you keep your job.
Don't risk it for a fifty dollar tab.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Ebony350

Last edited by Ebony350; 05-14-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Jabdo233

Originally Posted by ldawg32
wow tough situation you got there. i wouldnt say n e thing if good paying jobs are that hard to find there. is she hot?
Bosses are never hot.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
secretagent1

Obviously you can't confront her about it now. Pretty much the only thing you can do is slip her a mickey at the next happy hour. When she starts fading, take her home, put on the O.J. mask and sodomize her to the tune of dueling banjos in the background. Of course you need to film it for mass consumption...unless yer truly into it and want another go at her in the future.

my .02
Old 05-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by TONY!
I was going to build a car and put a show quality finish on it (like the finish that is on my bike now).
Decided against it. Why? because you work at a microscopic level to make it as shiny as possible. Takes a lot of patience. Panels have to be so precise with perfect body work. You put in so much time into it, then have it exposed to so many enemies of your work.
Many places have hail.
Southeast corner of the country has hurricanes.
A bunch of states have tornados.
Bigger cities have theives and vandals.
Roads are filled with idiots.
Parking lots have people that don't give a crap about your "masterpiece work" and will have their chance to show you just how much they don't care about with their shopping carts or doors, etc.

Now, I learned to be what many considered to be a great painter (and that is saying it modestly [compared to what they really say]),
but the thing that I should have known, was how different the care I would give as opposed to everyone else that will come near it.

Now I think, if you want your stuff to be show quality (and stay that way), then the car has to be a trailer queen and stay in the garage.

People just have no appreciation of other people's belongings, and they just don't care.

Having too nice a car and making it your daily driver is like wearing a five hundred dollar suit to a mud wrestling contest.
Having something so fragile (paint finish) exposed to what it will be on a daily basis makes little sense to me.

Where I am now is, I consider my surroundings, then decide what I should have. Saves a lot of heartbreak that way.

As far as your boss, at this point, you can't do much.
What is most important is that you keep your job.
Don't risk it for a fifty dollar tab.
Did you smoke some herb before posting this by any chance?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 PM
bwoodballa
Banned

its sounds like your boss is more like your pimp and your her hoe....so stand up to her and get pimp slapped.........
Old 05-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by bwoodballa
its sounds like your boss is more like your pimp and your her hoe....so stand up to her and get pimp slapped.........
Weakest pimp/hoe usage.....ever.
Wait, my bad, you're a baller.

Quick Reply: My Boss dinged my 2007 Z.