Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Getting a Z, will i be disappointed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 AM
icey350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CivicDelSlow
Take it from me, you don't have to own a Z to be on this website. I am the resident Poser of My350Z.com
hahahhah true very true, thanks bro.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Jenna03Z

I was in the process of buying a wrx right before I got the z. I was leaving the Subaru dealership and something told me to head down the road to the Nissan dealership to check it out. there was a 03 touring and I test drove it but still couldn't make up my mind. they let me take the car for the weekend and the next day I called the sales guy at Subaru and told him I changed my mind.

I have own nothing but Nissans and have had really good luck with them. I don't think you're going to be disappointed. oh and don't get the base.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Kegsbane

I don't think you will be disappointed. How often are you going WOT all the way up to 100+ MPH anyway??

Zs are chick magnets. WRXs are Chuck magnets.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:11 PM
icey350z

Originally Posted by Jenna03Z
I was in the process of buying a wrx right before I got the z. I was leaving the Subaru dealership and something told me to head down the road to the Nissan dealership to check it out. there was a 03 touring and I test drove it but still couldn't make up my mind. they let me take the car for the weekend and the next day I called the sales guy at Subaru and told him I changed my mind.

I have own nothing but Nissans and have had really good luck with them. I don't think you're going to be disappointed. oh and don't get the base.
i have heard nothing but good things about reliability issues with the nissan v6. but i heard nothing but good things with the sti 2.5 turbo engine and well i let 2 rods go ( new short block under waranty though). I am going to do it, i am gonna give the z a shot, seems fun, sexy and pretty darn close to as fast as the sti. Why not the base? I am leaning towards the enthusiest. I dont like leather and all i want is the trac control and the lsd.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:14 PM
FairladyZ06

Subies are great cars but still look like hot wheels cars. The Z looks great stock, has a lot of performance, and handles well. Tons of upgrades available if you feel you need FI or mods.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
icey350z

Well i think i am gonna do it. If i dont like the car i will hunt down each person whom said good things about it and will own you and your car up and down the road until i feel satisifed that i have regained the 29,000 dollars lost on the car!!!

thanks again guys, i am looking forward to owning this car and chatting with everyone.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:04 AM
SargentZ

Go with the 07 Enthusiast 6 speed, you won't be disappointed. I've had mine for over a month and am finally past the breakin point. Man on man, I took it to the limits over the weekend and needless to say, I can't stop driving it. It is so fun to cruise around in, very comfortable, and dead sexy looks turns heads everywhere. The engine and exhaust note are music to my ears, looks like I'll have to take a lunch cruise. gettin myself all worked up. hah!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
JonnyC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

icey - i totally agree with you - the Z community is great, especially in these forums. I actually couldn't decide between getting an IS 300 or a Z, and the people on this site actually helped me lean towards the Z (not to mention that it's expensive to go the FI route on and IS and it's horribly slow compared to an FI'd Z). I found the knowledgeable guys in the FI section of the myIS forums to be very rude, and every single question was followed by a "DO A SEARCH" - was not noob friendly. For as knowledgeable as the people on this forum are, they still care about the noobs and don't tear into you when you ask a very basic question.

As for the Z - you will love it. I've only had mine for a week now (an '03), but it turns a lot of heads and I absolutely love driving it. And yes, the chicks love it - sporty like the WRX, but has very classy looks as well.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:03 PM
icey350z

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Go with the 07 Enthusiast 6 speed, you won't be disappointed. I've had mine for over a month and am finally past the breakin point. Man on man, I took it to the limits over the weekend and needless to say, I can't stop driving it. It is so fun to cruise around in, very comfortable, and dead sexy looks turns heads everywhere. The engine and exhaust note are music to my ears, looks like I'll have to take a lunch cruise. gettin myself all worked up. hah!
See you remind me of myself, when i got the sti the break in period couldnt end soon enough. i would go out to lunch from work just to bang through the gears! its a hot car and you have the exact model i want. All the goods, no extra fat, and i dont like leather. I am going to drive it for a year and enjoy it and master. I do however see a vortech v2 trim in the near future after that. That will make it an sti killer.

thanks bro
Old 05-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Damon_Chambers

im in the same boat. im moving from subaru to nissan.

well, sorta. the wife is getting a forester xt, and im trading in my wrx for a z. i went to drive one, and i feel its time for something "different." i love my wrx, and when i drove the z i was really impressed with the car. i didnt think it was gonna be as fun to drive and as fast.

i get the best of both worlds... i get to keep modding a subaru AND add a z.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM
icey350z

Originally Posted by Damon_Chambers
im in the same boat. im moving from subaru to nissan.

well, sorta. the wife is getting a forester xt, and im trading in my wrx for a z. i went to drive one, and i feel its time for something "different." i love my wrx, and when i drove the z i was really impressed with the car. i didnt think it was gonna be as fun to drive and as fast.

i get the best of both worlds... i get to keep modding a subaru AND add a z.
Your very lucky, the forester xt is a wrx on stilts just waiting for mods. Did you ever drive the sti though, its an absolute animal!!! i have loved that car for 3 years but i am feeling like i need to try a new company. i love the look of the z, the package, price, performance etc... i just hope i dont keep comparing it to my sti(rocket on the road). I am gonna do it though, 2 weeks and 6mt enthusiest will be mine. 2007 that is.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:25 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently daily drive my 350Z to and from work and I have not had any problems with reliability issues. Some days I take back roads and have a go with my Z on the turns. This car is built well and can handle "country paved" roads with ease. The STi is a very good car, but I think you will be happy with the Z. Just my two cents and welcome!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:36 PM
icey350z

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
I currently daily drive my 350Z to and from work and I have not had any problems with reliability issues. Some days I take back roads and have a go with my Z on the turns. This car is built well and can handle "country paved" roads with ease. The STi is a very good car, but I think you will be happy with the Z. Just my two cents and welcome!
i agree, the sti hangles great and is a tough car, but my first impression is that the z handled much tighter, less roll etc... the sti can probobly take the same turn almost or as fast as a z but i dont think it would be nearly as gracful. the z is a boxy, edgy beast, the z is full of finess. At least from what i have seen and felt thus far.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Bucky

IMO there are only two major advantages to an STI. AWD & two extra seats.

Once you get used to the RWD you will really love the Z.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Fletch69z

The STi is a great car and so is the Z. You are really talking about 2 different things though. I've never owned a car that I really just loved driving as much as my Z. As for the LSD, it's a must if you do any sort of competitive or even just spirited driving. Granted, you can add is later if you got a base but it's a pain and it's expensive so why not just get it already installed? Just my opinion.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 PM
mavtais

ICEY, Go here:
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/273734-i-love-my-z.html
Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question

Are you disappointed?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:21 AM
vaughn1576

Rise! Rise from the dead my thread! I command the!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Ziggyrama

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you got yourself a Z then? If so, welcome to the "Used to own a Subaru, now it's Z time" club. I had a stage 2, custom tuned WRX for 2 years and now I roll in a Z. Couldn't be happier although I do miss the easy modability of the WRX and how fast that thing could be with some exhaust and tuning. Z modding is a whole new game.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Suvlaki

drop in a turbo, grin, rinse, repeat...

Quick Reply: Getting a Z, will i be disappointed?