Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

wrecked the z last night.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Morningglorie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. No wonder Geico advertises cheap rates! They don't do what you pay insurance to do!

Good you're explaining the whole story here. Fascinating to read.

Think I'll stay with USAA. Have never had any problems with them.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

geico on the other hand has done nothing but attempt to screw us, half *** everything, and go the cheap route. I am deffinately gonna go with someone else for sure, even if it costs me more.
You ain't gonna believe this but the ad in the top of the page 8 of the forum page that rotates ... is one for Gieco!

Don't know if this worked ...

Old 06-23-2007, 12:44 PM
BojanC350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nathanwl2004
first of all before anybody says anything, I do not wanna hear anything about Young drivers. however I'm only 22, but I have paid every single dime for this car and this is the first accident I have ever had in my driving history.

me and my wife were going down highway 40 in the rain last night and although it was rainin moderately hard, it was far from the worst storm that I have ever driven the z in.

we were driving very cautiously because visibilty was just to low for me to be comfortable with. I was going slower than most of the other traffic that was passing us left and right.

I went to change lanes to avoid the water spray from the car in front of us and as I did the rear end of the car just swung out. by the time that I realized that it was loosing grip, it was already to late. it was all I could do to try to steer us out of oncoming traffic, and try to minimize the impact.

we hit the concrete barrier twice. but we still can't figure out exactly where we hit the first time.

although we hit about probably about 45-50 mph the impact didn't seem that hard at the time, however me and my wife are both a little sore today. but we both appear to be okay. the z on the other hand is not.

the rear bumper is destroyed, the right exhaust tip is bent and crushed the right tail light is shattered, the right rear fender is destroyed, the right rear rim is cracked, the side wall of the tire has large chunks taken out of it. I'm pretty sure that there is some damage to the, drivers side aswell but I'm not sure.

like I said though. me and my wife were totally sober, wearing our seatbelts, and driving very cautiously. I really don't belive that there was anything that we could have possibly done to avoid this other than waited for the storm to pass more.

like I also said. please do not make any negative comments about me or my wife or how were young and stupid. I am verrry verry depressed about the whole thing. I am really not in the mood for it right now.

I am just happy that me and my wife are okay. it could have been alot worse if another car had hit us while we were briefly still in the car after the accident before we drove it accross the highway.

Even though I logically feel that there is nothing that I could have done, I some how still feel as if there is something that I should have done. something that I should have known that could have avoided this.

you can see some of the deep gashes in the side wall of the tires.

if you look carefully you can see the crack on the rim

ouchh sorry bout the z
Old 06-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet mother of god! Why is this thread 4 pages??
Old 06-23-2007, 06:41 PM
03bluez66

I just got my Z because the same **** happened to me in my 2001 MR-S. I WAS speeding like an *** hole because it was raining and people were going 40 or 80. So I get around all of them and get about a half mile from my exit. I had wide open road so I let off the gas. I get to 72 mph (I remember looking) and my rear-end did a little jiggle (best definition). I let off the gas again and shortly after I was spinning around in circles. Say what you want- I'm a damn good driver, I drift on 276 in the mountains of NC all the time and come inches to my death...there was nothing I was going to do. I counter steered and nothing. I took out a 50 ft light pole and jumped 2 feet off the ground, (so told me the 6 people that stopped to help, I didn't feel going off the ground at all) then I hit a powerbox. After all that I had a scratch on my ear and I went to lift weights the next day. LoL.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:17 PM
alan86

glad to hear you're ok tho
Old 06-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Englishphd

Sorry 'bout your car, but the pics in the body shop answered a number of questions: your tires should have been replaced a few miles ago. I don' think that it was the brand of tires that you had that contributed to the hydroplaning, but the fact that you don't have much tread on the rear tires. Look at the tread wear indicator...change before it gets that low on any car. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Englishphd; 06-25-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:06 PM
nathanwl2004

Originally Posted by Englishphd
Sorry 'bout your car, but the pics in the body shop answered a number of questions: your tires should have been replaced a few miles ago. I don' think that it was the brand of tires that you had that contributed to the hydroplaning, but the fact that you don't have much tread on the rear tires. Look at the tread wear indicator...change before it gets that low on any car. Just my 2 cents.

yeah, we had just had the car inspected not to long ago, and we checked the tires before we left for zdayz and they weren't nearly as bad as they are in those pictures; but we did do alot of driving between now and then and I suppose they just wore alot quicker than we guessed they would. I guess you live and you learn. just wish it didn't come down to this to learn, this lesson.

we don't do burnouts and stuff like that so I never would have thought the tires would wear that fast. as a matter of fact I think I might have some pictures of the car that show the tires from when we were at zdayz and they didn't look bald at all.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 AM
nathanwl2004

we might possibly be getting the car back around friday. I'll make sure that I post up before and after pics hopefully there will be no decernable difference
Old 07-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Morningglorie

Good luck. Will be looking forward to seeing the pics.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:52 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanwl2004
we might possibly be getting the car back around friday. I'll make sure that I post up before and after pics hopefully there will be no decernable difference
glad everything is working out.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 AM
nathanwl2004

well I called the body shop and it seems if it won't be ready until tuesday. but like I said I will post up pics. hope it all works out.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Playboy's Z

oh that sucks man im sorry
Old 07-06-2007, 07:08 PM
wildone_106

I hope those are not summer tires or $hitenza's..if they are gettin off ASAP I got the Eagle F1's for mine and its a whole different feel & ride..much better behaved in the wet.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:47 PM
nathanwl2004

Originally Posted by wildone_106
I hope those are not summer tires or $hitenza's..if they are gettin off ASAP I got the Eagle F1's for mine and its a whole different feel & ride..much better behaved in the wet.
actually they were suppose to be all weather tires (except rain I guess)

yeah I have a feeling that the eagle F1's are gonna help out quite a bit.

if I can ever get the car back from the stinkin body shop. first the tell me they think it will be done in two weeks. then in 3.5-4 weeks, then the tell me last friday. I call them thursday to see about pickin it up and the tell me no not till monday or tuesday. so I call today and they say not till atleast wednesday.

WTF man they can't seem to get there damn story straight. I don't care how long they take to get it done as long as it's done right and in a fairly reasonable amount of time, but for cryin out loud. if you don't know when it's gonna be done, then say you don't know when it's gonna be done. don't just keep pulling days out your *** and then failing to meet them. what a crock of ****.

just blowin off some steam hopefully everything will turn out okay. I just can't wait to have it home, but don't worry I will post up pics as soon as I can of before and after.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
jeu1008052

what are you talking about that will buff right out!!! naw i dont mean to be an *** that sux dude really but its not totaled rite? and you still can fix it if not sry to hear bout that man gl with the repercussion drive safe and use the traction control durring the rain
Old 07-09-2007, 04:08 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by jeu1008052
what are you talking about that will buff right out!!! naw i dont mean to be an *** that sux dude really but its not totaled rite? and you still can fix it if not sry to hear bout that man gl with the repercussion drive safe and use the traction control durring the rain
As stated already, traction control or VDC won't save you from your rear end swinging around on you. It happened to me.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 AM
silver350tn

i am going to the shop to see the progress on my z its been 3 weeks now i am getting anxious i will show everyone before and after photos.
well before the wreck, the wreck , and after the wreck
Old 07-10-2007, 08:49 AM
2T350Z

hey man there is nothing you could do. The same thing happen to me a in 2 days before christmas except I hit the drivers side. I was driving and a jeep cliped my front end in the rain and ran while I was spinning out and hit the wall
Old 07-10-2007, 09:08 AM
C4talyst

Originally Posted by halfass872
I've driven mine in unplowed deep snow through the mountains, for about 200 miles.
Wow.

Quick Reply: wrecked the z last night.