Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z selling long!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
oman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z selling long!

Why the heck is it taking me like almost a month to sell my 350z? Its not base its enthusiast 6sp, its a sick color(lemans). Im below blue book by 500 bucks and still not one person looked at it, Yes it's a clean title! Why cant I get rid of it I want a freakin STI!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Deftones

Don't get me wrong... I love Oregon. But maybe where you are is more of a factor than you think. Everybody knows how much it rains up there. Rain + RWD = Lots of accidents. Last I was in the Portland area (2005), everybody was on this huge nature kick. Ever think about just trading it in?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Laughitup85

Why would you complain about selling a car that this site is devoted to praising? Just a thought
Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 PM
oman

Originally Posted by Deftones
Don't get me wrong... I love Oregon. But maybe where you are is more of a factor than you think. Everybody knows how much it rains up there. Rain + RWD = Lots of accidents. Last I was in the Portland area (2005), everybody was on this huge nature kick. Ever think about just trading it in?
Yeah I tried to trade for a 05 Sti and they were giving me like 17 for my Z wow 17??? thats like trading in a civic si! I really want to get rid of it i like it but am bored of it, even if I drove a ferrari i would still get bored ......after like 10 years lol!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:13 PM
JaX_Z

i feel ur pain, having trouble selling mine also
Old 06-26-2007, 08:18 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

a. Oregon is not exactly the 350Z capital of the U. S. How many months each year are the roads covered with snow?

b. Private sales force the buyer to come up with cash. Someone can walk into a dealer with $500, and drive out with the same 350Z. Buyers could care less about payments and interest.

c. You are asking too much.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:38 PM
kedz

Originally Posted by oman
Why the heck is it taking me like almost a month to sell my 350z?
No two used cars are the same. But, I suspect that you have overvalued your car. www.kbb.com will walk you through getting the actual Blue Book value. Note that the Private Party Value is the one you want, not the Dealer value.

I had a really time getting a blue book price in Oregon anywhere near what you are asking for without using incredibly low mileage. I observe that you never posted your cars mileage(odd).

If you want the STI, take the dealers offer.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Deftones

You know what this thread needs?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:51 PM
sahib

Pictures!!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
sandthepilot

Originally Posted by davidv
a. Oregon is not exactly the 350Z capital of the U. S. How many months each year are the roads covered with snow?

b. Private sales force the buyer to come up with cash. Someone can walk into a dealer with $500, and drive out with the same 350Z. Buyers could care less about payments and interest.

c. You are asking too much.
To answer Question A. It hardly snows here in Oregon anymore thanks to climate change
Old 06-26-2007, 09:44 PM
sandthepilot

Originally Posted by Deftones
I'm from Portland, just got my Z from a private seller for a great price.

First of all, Seattle gets more rain than Oregon does. Our weather has improved substantially since around 1998

Second, Oregon is the nations number 1 in having the safest drivers

Third, nature kick? LOL

Old 06-26-2007, 09:44 PM
sandthepilot

Originally Posted by oman
Yeah I tried to trade for a 05 Sti and they were giving me like 17 for my Z wow 17??? thats like trading in a civic si! I really want to get rid of it i like it but am bored of it, even if I drove a ferrari i would still get bored ......after like 10 years lol!!!
I bought my Z for $19K private seller with 26,000 miles. Clean title.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
ezramoore

No offense meant by this cause its the nicest way I can put it. NOONE on my350 would even consider buying your car from you. AT ALL. Now that may not be the target market for you (it should be, I looked at your car, I WAS interested), but when I buy a sports/enthusiast car (two so far) I get on the most popular forums and look for people who are selling in my area, see if I can find my car. If I cam across you, your stupid posts, and your moronoic videos of you destroying something you probably didn't pay for on your own to begin with I would immediately sever and sort of communication with you. Do yourself a favor and get your lame ***, looks-like-a-14-year-old made them videos off streetfire and buy yourself a ****ing honda.... mmkay?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
redsoxfan184524
Nts Nts Nts Nts

Originally Posted by ezramoore
No offense meant by this cause its the nicest way I can put it. NOONE on my350 would even consider buying your car from you. AT ALL. Now that may not be the target market for you (it should be, I looked at your car, I WAS interested), but when I buy a sports/enthusiast car (two so far) I get on the most popular forums and look for people who are selling in my area, see if I can find my car. If I cam across you, your stupid posts, and your moronoic videos of you destroying something you probably didn't pay for on your own to begin with I would immediately sever and sort of communication with you. Do yourself a favor and get your lame ***, looks-like-a-14-year-old made them videos off streetfire and buy yourself a ****ing honda.... mmkay?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Deftones

If that's not a smackdown, I dunno what is.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
henry j

Originally Posted by Laughitup85
Why would you complain about selling a car that this site is devoted to praising? Just a thought
+1
Old 06-26-2007, 11:13 PM
medic165

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch! the truth has come out.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OUCH?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 AM
DManator

wow haha