Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does the way other drivers react to you and your Z depend on your age?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:55 PM
brad804

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savannahZ
I get some bad looks because I am 20 with a Z, but most of the time people give me the thumbs up, or will approach me and ask me about the car.. But to those people that give me bad looks, They are just made because I am more successful than they are at such a young age! Ho hO!
lol, I am 21 and I know what you mean! Most are cool, but others just look at me like they hate me, or ride my butt then fly past me. Its pretty funny though.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting thread Bob. I'll be 52 this year and I have people nearly daily take off from a light , or just step on the gas to show me the power of their Toyota pick up truck race car. Sometimes it's some one in a modded Scion or Civic, but mostly it's just idiots in their Tahoe's or jeeps. LOL I actually get a kick out of it.

I do have really long hair (what's left of it), but it's grey and I'm clearly an old fart driving a modded sports car. So maybe it's the hair Bob. Just grow yours out to about shoulder length and see if that gets you any takers. Good luck, Greg
Old 06-29-2007, 05:06 PM
sandthepilot

Originally Posted by brad804
lol, I am 21 and I know what you mean! Most are cool, but others just look at me like they hate me, or ride my butt then fly past me. Its pretty funny though.
I concur with both of you, I am 23 and some people give me a bad look. Just today some dude in his stupid BMW 3-Series decided to ride my *** the entire time
Old 06-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Jabdo233

Originally Posted by opathal
The good news about the 18K part is that women don't know the difference . Drive a 18K Lexus....and the (lame pretentious) ladies say you drive a Lexus. Buy a 25K brand new Taurus....You drive a *cough cough* Ford wa wa.

Not that I give a sh*t about what spoiled b*tches think, but it's an interesting concept.

740i BMW - $6000
Fake Rolex - $100
Ross outfit - $60
Banging a spoiled chick that thinks your rich. Priceless

Explaining to all your friends that you're a tool.....not priceless
Good luck getting a 740i for 6 grand. What the hell are you on? Whatever it is I want some.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Teufel
Banned

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
Good luck getting a 740i for 6 grand. What the hell are you on? Whatever it is I want some.
Are you a Scottsdale girl too? They can't tell the difference either...anyway

$6800
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/363243921.html

$5500
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/361071724.html

$6000+?
http://motors.search.ebay.com/740i_e...ofocusZunknown

$4900
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ice=&cardist=5

Last edited by Teufel; 06-30-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:14 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin350zTT
I'm 21 and I get both. People just staring at the car and pointing to getting less than half a car length and just sit there. I usually slow down 5-10 mph below my cruising speed and get them pissed and just step on it. lol

And for the successful issue. Most of the people in my area buy there kid's cars ranging from Range Rovers to Mercedes. So that gets thrown out of the window. But for the majority of us that have did something to get our cars. It makes us feel good atleast

AMEN. 20 here and get hated on all the time and people thinking i have a lot of money. Those people want my car, i want their house. They never think they sometimes have the better things. Cars is just a hobby, i would give it up for a house anyday.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by All SmileZ
I completely agree. It has more to do with the type of choices you make/have. If you are "successful" (whatever that really means) I think you have more options. There are plenty of people who don't put a lot of value into the type of car they drive (not making a judgement here). We can look at others cars and know what they paid for it or guess what the note is, but we don't really know how they paid for it, are the financing terms "good", how the car purchase affects their disposable income, if the car is in someone else's name, ...

Again, I'm not making a judgement on anyone here. I'd just caution on using a person's car as some measure of success. I'm sure we all have stories (and even talk bad) about young adults who drive a Benz or something but live with their parents. Successful or not? Don't really know. Maybe they sold their previous house and are waiting for new construction to complete. Maybe they returned home to help sick parents. Maybe they decided to put all their income into a car and have limited housing options as a result. Sorry for the incoherent rant.
Agreed. A lot of people can fake their wealth, so unless they are rolling in a Bentley, Ferrari, Aston Martin, high end Porsche, Lambo, Rolls, Maybach, etc. they may not be as baller as you think they are.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by savannahZ
I get some bad looks because I am 20 with a Z, but most of the time people give me the thumbs up, or will approach me and ask me about the car.. But to those people that give me bad looks, They are just made because I am more successful than they are at such a young age! Ho hO!
I think at age 20, where we haven't even probably graduated college yet, we shouldn't talk about being more successful than other people. Unless you're going to any Ivy-level school and have a good current academic record, graduating and working at some high-speed-low-drag firm paying 6 figures first year out of college, OR by some chance you are as lucky and talented as Bill Gates or Michael Dell, you're not at the top of the game so whether you are successful or not is debatable.

I guess it revloves around your personally definition of successful. To me, success revolves around either power, money, or prestige (or a combination of those 3). And to me, success is relative...you have to be at the TOP of the game...you have to be extremely competitive, motivated, and talented to achieve success.

Last edited by Polo08816; 06-30-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Asian Invasian

People seem to ride my *** constantly. This one dumb ***** was within like 2 feet of my car consitantly for about a mile going 45mph. This was a 3 lane road where she could have just passed but insisted on riding my *** like the dumb ***** she was. Basically to solve my problem I slowed down to about 10 mph then floored it lol.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:00 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I drive my Z daily and in the month I've had it no one has been driving rudely around me or trying to race or anything.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:47 PM
md350

Depends where I am. If I'm out of the car I usually get positive attention, compliments. I love pressing the unlock button at night, people near it look around for who owns it and half the time they say something.

However, almost every ****in day I get at least one moron rev at me, either next to me or driving by at a stop light. Hey! Look at me! My exhaust is loud! I even put real hardened rice inside the tips! Yeaahhhhh Boy
Old 06-30-2007, 10:57 PM
InSaNeZ

I say yes, age tends to play a part on how people react.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:38 AM
oraxl

I always get people thinking that im too fast for conditions and I'd like to point out that I only speed on the highway, and no one has ever actually told me to slow down there.
But EVERY DAMNED TIME I'm puttering around town in full-on gas saving short-shifting granny tranny style driving I always get people looking at me like I'm driving Mach 3, they always make eye contact with me and do little gestures telling me to slow down. I'm 21 and I'm fresh out of college with my own business that i'm trying ot grow (a challenge would be an understatement, by the way.) and people just judge me as a 'punk kid', I feel. Its usually middle-aged women; I have no idea why. This is one of those things that just gets on my last nerve. Respect me, don't attempt to belittle me.

sorry for the rant

_d
Old 07-03-2007, 08:20 AM
BlitzKrieg//

Very interesting post.....I was very apprehensive of getting the Z because of the amount of people on here reporting problems with "350 haters". I live in a pretty populated area with alot of punks with hopped up rides. Im 38, and not really into going light to light aymore....more into opening her up on the highway or twisting back road. Moreover, my wife will be driving the Z most of the time. I have had few incidents with "the haters", and I think alot of the hating relates to the way the owner of the Z is behaving him/herself on the road rather than the vehicle they drive.

PS.....

And no one has given me the finger for no reason (as so many posts have stated).

Bottom line, dont drive like an A-hole. Represent the Z!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
35oZephyR

The "hating" has more to do with the number of Z's on the road.

Some guy in his Porsche goes whizzing by you like a punk, chances are you won't run into him again unless you lived near him. Situation diffused.

A Z screams by you and treats you like crap, it won't be hard to find another Z to take out your frustration. Especially when these things have a slick roof-line and is easy to spot.

Add this with the fact that you can find a Z everywhere, even in less affluent parts of town where the "have nots" have access to your car.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:36 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

in Florida 70 year old Z drivers are common. Honestly though, i dont really get much reaction from other Z owners around here unless they are modded out. Ill tell you though, the only ones showing respect on a regular basis down here are the old school Z's dating back before the 240sx. I constantly get waves and thumbs up from old school unthusiast, but as flooded as the Z market is, i only get 1 wave per 50 maybe on a 350z.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:23 AM
PM-Performance

Ive only been hassled in good ways . . . knocks on wood.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:09 PM
wholemilk

ive had nothing really, no one bothers me, revs at me, or tail gates (im 23 and live in the boston area of MA btw). the only thing i've experienced is some guy around my age in a lexus ES series try to out launch me, and its sad because i wasnt trying to race him and i still destoryed him from a dig. i know a guy with a 600hp G35, his car is a bit done up so im sure he gets plenty more attention then a stock 350Z would

Last edited by wholemilk; 07-03-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:27 PM
alan86

Originally Posted by Ankhharu
Yea, but they're sweet rims.
Black and chrome is a good look

Quick Reply: Does the way other drivers react to you and your Z depend on your age?