Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does the way other drivers react to you and your Z depend on your age?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM
DTenn913

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 18, and I have been hassled on the road before. Tried to pass a truck that was going 10 below the posted speed..and they moved to the middle of the road to prevent me from passing. That angered me quite a bit. I have gotten a lot of positive reactions though. A guy in an Si sedan nodded to me..right before I blew past him. haha
Old 07-03-2007, 04:24 PM
DaProdigy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i always get evil looks from middle-aged white people.... (no im not racist dammit).... especially the soccer moms that drive escalades on 22's.... damn i hate that.... the other day i saw a mr rogers looking guy with a sweater tied around his polo driving a magnum on 24's.... rediculous... anyway... alot of people hate yet alot give props....
Old 07-03-2007, 04:39 PM
kaleo929

I'm 23 and usually get positive attention while driving, parked etc. The one thing that irritates the hell outta me is tailgating pickups or sedans...I mean come on, its getting old real fast. Oh and one more thing, the minivans gotta quit cutting me off.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Jenna03Z

I'm 21 and only get bothered by guys at the drive through and when i get out of my car and it's normally all complements. There are a lot of Zs in my area and they are all roadsters driven by middle aged women so i guess seeing a young chick driving one is a shock?
Old 07-03-2007, 05:02 PM
High Octane

From my experiance... the BMW suv's are the ones that cut me off or do other annoying things. Not sure what it is about the cars that make the people think they are Superman.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:07 PM
zprincess

Originally Posted by Ankhharu
Only had the car for a week and i've noticed that i'm getting treated differently. Alot of SUV's and trucks have been riding my *** alot more than with previous vehicles. Been cut off already a few times by a couple of 4 door sedans.
I've had similar experiences. Mainly by pickup trucks driven by guys age 25 to 35.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Zmazing03

BMWs and Audi's are know extremely well for their tailgaiting. But they do that to everyone, not just me.

For the most part unless someone can see in my front window, I don't think my age has much of an effect. I am 24, but with the tints you can't really see all that well inside. I just beep and wave to every Z I see, and most of the time they respond back. Occasionally you get that nasty "your 25 and have a Z?" Which I think is crap, because the car is really not that expensive lol.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 PM
wasmith

Funny this thread got bumped... Something odd happened to me today.

I was traveling home from picking up some Cardinal's tickets for the 4th of July game, and I pass an old Dodge Intrepid driven by some middle aged guy who gave me a dirty look.

I don't know wtf his problem was considering I was simply passing him in another lane and not whipping around him at all.

Anyway, I was going about 75mph and 30 seconds later, he comes flying up behind me, gets right on my *** and then whips around me. Again, giving me a dirty look. And continued to push that poor old car a little faster to get ahead of me.

I had no idea what his deal was. But, thought it'd be fun to screw with him a little bit.

I quickly caught up with him (going about 90mph) and got right next to him. Looked at his car, looked at him, shook my head and left that pissed off old man in the dust. I had the Z up to about 140mph. lol

He started honking, flashing his lights and then flipped me off. I couldn't help but to laugh.

Yeah, it was immature of me. But, what the hell.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:40 PM
NightRida

Originally Posted by wasmith
Funny this thread got bumped... Something odd happened to me today.

I was traveling home from picking up some Cardinal's tickets for the 4th of July game, and I pass an old Dodge Intrepid driven by some middle aged guy who gave me a dirty look.

I don't know wtf his problem was considering I was simply passing him in another lane and not whipping around him at all.

Anyway, I was going about 75mph and 30 seconds later, he comes flying up behind me, gets right on my *** and then whips around me. Again, giving me a dirty look. And continued to push that poor old car a little faster to get ahead of me.

I had no idea what his deal was. But, thought it'd be fun to screw with him a little bit.

I quickly caught up with him (going about 90mph) and got right next to him. Looked at his car, looked at him, shook my head and left that pissed off old man in the dust. I had the Z up to about 140mph. lol

He started honking, flashing his lights and then flipped me off. I couldn't help but to laugh.

Yeah, it was immature of me. But, what the hell.
Sounds great! I might have done the same!
Peace!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM
sandthepilot

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of women drive the roadster. Some kid in a STI gave me a nod as he drove by, i nodded back.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Kentetsu45

This isn't a Z story, but it does involve some A$$hole pick-up truck driver. My brother and I were in his hyundai tiburon, which was loaded down with camping supplies,driving on a twisty little road that leads to the camping grounds that we frequent, when we come upon a pick-up truck guy doing 5 under the posted limit.
BTW: the camp ground closes their gates at 10:00pm, and by this time it was 9:47 and we still had a little ways to go)
Back to the story. We're behind this guy and he sees that we are in a hurry, so like the d!ck that he is, he slows down another 5 MPH. My brother tries a few times to pass, but as stated above the road was twisty and a little narrow at that. Suddenly, the pick-up bastard swerves onto the shoulder, there-by throwing gravel all over my brothers car. My brother then down shifts to 3rd, and smashes past the guy. Needless to say, if I had had a bazooka at the time, I would've went Duke Nukem on his A$$!!!
If anyone attempts anything like this when I get my Z, when I get through with them Forensics will have to use tweezers to pick up the pieces!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Kentetsu45

Yeah Yeah, I know its a Tiburon, but he's trying to get an equal trade on an S2000. I guess it's not too bad...
Old 07-03-2007, 09:14 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a bad experience. Have received a lot smiles, thumbs up,and conversations when convenient.

Actually some guy was gawking at me today; about my age. He was driving the Caddy two seater whatever-it-is. His look said "Damn,I paid twice as much for my ride as that Z but it looks better!" LOL!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:59 AM
NightRida

So old man, tell us. When you getting that new caddy?
Peace!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Vencer23

What does everyone consider a cuttoff? What I cant stand on the road is people who stay in the left lane on a four+ lane road and dont allow people who are driving faster to pass. In IL. you are in the right lane unless you are passing other cars, but it seems poeple from other states dont exactly follow this. If someone is driving slower than me I wont ride their *** but will eventually get around them.

I'm 23 and have had my Z for just under a year. I get compliments all the time and people who dont know about cars even think it is something besides a Z. Does anyone else ever have that happen? I dont have anything saying Nissan on my car but come on, it's not a Porsche man. I kinda get sick of all the attention I get bc of my car. I dont mind the looks but I dont like people asking me about my car every time I step out of it or roll down my window. Would you say, then why do you have a Z???? dont get me wrong, I like to look good and a nice car doesnt hurt with the ladies.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
A.E.S.S.

Originally Posted by mcurry5
I used to drive a Lexus ES 300 (now the wifes car). I actually hated it when someone asked what I drove. I never wanted to tell them. I just didnt like the fact that people would always assume I made a lot money or was stuck up. And that happended alot. The truth is that I bought the car for 18K used. Probably less than the darn Ford Taurus. I just happened to like the Lexus(Toyota brand) because of the reliability and comfort features, not to show a status symbol.

There will always be people that will try and bring you down because you get something nice, or happen to be successful. I have people like that in my family. They wont come out and say it, but I can tell you for a fact that some of them would feel happy if I were to come into rough times. ie.. lose my job, lose my car ect... It is sickening that people are like that.

For the life of me I cant figure out why people just cant be happy for others. Now dont get me wrong, if you are an a-hole and flaunt your success' to people that are less fortunate then I would probably have a smile on my face if that person fell on rough times. But for the average hard working guy who happens to treat him or herself to a nice car, clothes, ect... I am truly happy for that person.
I can truly appreciate your post Mcurry, I'm 32 now & just purchased what was my dream car ever since it came out. Anyways out of college & was working as an assistant estimator for 3 years til head of my department left, my boss/owner gave me a crack at the position & though it's been very hard
(50 + hours a week for almost 2-years now) this opportinity has been very rewarding to me. Now I'm the estimating & sales manager for my company & have almost tripled there sales in a 1.5 years.

The main reason I bought my car is for two reasons, the first one is: the 350Z has always been my dream car since it came out & secondly, as a result of my hard work, my salary has doubled. I needed to treat myself to a grown-ups dream toy!

Some of the project managers in my office are f**kin jealous bastards, always implying that well I can afford a car like that with the money I make & on one occasion I heard one of them critizing me 2-weeks after we hired him. Some people want everything in the world without the hard work. Puts a smile on my face.

Last edited by A.E.S.S.; 07-04-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:16 PM
jpne13

seems like at 24 i get a lot of good remarks but even more idiots and mokes trying to mess with my car or yell at me on the road (this is all while i'm minding my own business driving) i live in hawaii. beginning to hate here cause of it.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
kdogg24

I get it, I'm 22 years old, and I often hear people mumble, "must be his dad's car", or "that can't be his". Nobody believes that a 22 year old can afford a nice car. Too bad, I just read it as jealousy, because I know if they had the car, they wouldn't be complaining!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:20 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DTenn913
I'm 18, and I have been hassled on the road before. Tried to pass a truck that was going 10 below the posted speed..and they moved to the middle of the road to prevent me from passing. That angered me quite a bit. I have gotten a lot of positive reactions though. A guy in an Si sedan nodded to me..right before I blew past him. haha
You live in Texas and you're 18.

Pull out your Glock 9 and just start dumpin son!!!

(Oh shiet nothing nothing.... I'm only kidding.)
Old 07-04-2007, 10:01 PM
zed35L

i'm 25 and just got a 2006 350z CS touring brand spanka ..usually i get a thumbs up or nice wheels mate when i pull over and or fill up..but the some of the people at work are not so cool about it...

everytime someone at work see my car they're like "oh!! how much do you earn?" and they always throw comments like "oh nice car" "you must be doing well" in that jealous tone...like f#@k man can't a guy work his @ss off to get a nice car without people giving him sh#t about how much he earns!!!

i say isay f#@k you Van Wilder!!

Quick Reply: Does the way other drivers react to you and your Z depend on your age?