Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Rude lady hit me and caused an accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:06 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rude lady hit me and caused an accident

so i was turning right at a light with a green arrow and a lady was on the other side making a U turn and failed to yield. She hit me and messed up my aerosync bumper. I was so pissed. She never one time said sorry. She first blamed it on me and lied to the cop that i ran a red which later the cop told me if i ran a red, she would of ran a red as well since those two lights work in conjuction together. I had no fault and she had a failed to yield stated on the police report.

Find out later she had no insurance so i have to go get a lawyer tomorrow. I'm thinking of repainting my car for the heck of it and get all the orange peel out and reclear it twice for show quaility. Kinda expensive but the perfect opportunity since my bodyshop has to take care of insurance work asap and i can just use it as insurance work.

This goes to show that you can be the most careful driver and still get hit.
My neck hurts, time to go to the doctor tomorrow. I'll snap some pics. btw, props to the aerysync bumper. What a warrior. I didn't bend my hood, or mess up my new headlights, thank God.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 PM
IcW@TeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorrt to hear about the car but you have this "i just got hit by a bentley" thing goin on when the broads to poor to insure her car
Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 PM
bacalhau16

Atleast your car didnt get too banged up. People are stupid and selfish. No surprise she tried to get out of it. Dumb people!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:22 PM
SuperBlack350z

thanks bacalhau16, yeah, i was so surprised people are like that. Honestly, if the cop actually believed her, i would of of felt so helpless in the justice system.

I actually had to call her insurance and make a claim because she failed to do so right away. I'm not going to let her waste my time and make this take forever to do. Her insurance company said they will still cover my car as long as it wasn't my fault and she also might get her license taken away for inactive insurance which is a big crime here in NC.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:15 AM
orangeflash

I was pumping gas one day and I turned around after pumping and noticed another car on my bumper, I was like WTF B#@ch!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:24 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
Find out later she had no insurance so i have to go get a lawyer tomorrow. I'm thinking of repainting my car for the heck of it and get all the orange peel out and reclear it twice for show quaility. Kinda expensive but the perfect opportunity since my bodyshop has to take care of insurance work asap and i can just use it as insurance work.
I actually had to call her insurance and make a claim because she failed to do so right away. I'm not going to let her waste my time and make this take forever to do. Her insurance company said they will still cover my car as long as it wasn't my fault and she also might get her license taken away for inactive insurance which is a big crime here in NC.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Quick question how are you getting her old insurance to pay for your damages when her policy has already expired? From my understanding once the policy is not renewed the provider is off the hook from the expiration date forward. I'm confused
Old 07-04-2007, 01:47 AM
03Platinum350z

Some people man.... some people!

Jeff
Old 07-04-2007, 01:55 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Quick question how are you getting her old insurance to pay for your damages when her policy has already expired? From my understanding once the policy is not renewed the provider is off the hook from the expiration date forward. I'm confused
yeah, i was confused as well and asked the same question. He said that it is illegal to not have insurance on a vehicle at any time so if she canceled her policy, she would have to send a note to the dmv to show that she has active insurance somewhere else before she cancels the original company. In this case, she hasn't paid her bill in two months(which means inactive) but her contract with the insurance company is still active so meaning they are still liable but she is entitled to pay a good amount later or pays half of the bills. All i know is that they better pay for my medical bills, give me a rental car and pay for the damages that is owed.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:02 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

yeah, i was confused as well and asked the same question. He said that it is illegal to not have insurance on a vehicle at any time so if she canceled her policy, she would have to send a note to the dmv to show that she has active insurance somewhere else before she cancels the original company. In this case, she hasn't paid her bill in two months(which means inactive) but her contract with the insurance company is still active so meaning they are still liable but she is entitled to pay a good amount later or pays half of the bills. All i know is that they better pay for my medical bills, give me a rental car and pay for the damages that is owed.
Okay I've never heard of such a thing but I guess insurance laws are different from state to state. I always pay all my cars 6 months at a time instead of month to month so I don't really know how it works when you miss a payment in the middle of the contract. I'm always up against expiration biannually. I guess in this case it still worked out for ya.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:44 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
Okay I've never heard of such a thing but I guess insurance laws are different from state to state. I always pay all my cars 6 months at a time instead of month to month so I don't really know how it works when you miss a payment in the middle of the contract. I'm always up against expiration biannually. I guess in this case it still worked out for ya.
yeah, its def different from state to state. On my integra, insurance is 14 bucks a month which you have to pay up front a whole year. There is no 6 months or monthly payments for that. For the z, i'm paying 280 a month so to get a month to month payment plan, i had to pay up front 2 months which covers the first and last months or they use it if i miss a payment. Of course i don't want to pay 3360 upfront just for insurance

i hope it works out well, the thing that sucks is my state farms agent has july 4th off and taking the rest of the week off. I just heard it on her voicemail.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:48 AM
VENOMSZ

That's F'd up man.
Hopefully all turns out well for you.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 AM
zeekle

if you have uninsured insurance on your car you could also go through your company and they would then go after her and her inactive insurance company.

This shouldn't go against you on your insurance since the wreck wasn't your fault.

I have done it both ways and its usually easier to deal with your own insurance company and have them go after the person at fault. Talk to your agent and see what they have to say about it.

good luck to you dealing with insurance is a pain in the backside.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:39 AM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear!
It's always annoying when you take of your car, drive carefully, and still end up getting hit by someone.
Milk that insurance for everything you can.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:56 AM
stylett9

hope things work out for you. I hate when people don't fess up and aren't being honest. Especially when it effects someone else.

I've been in...3 accidents. The first 2 were my fault and no questions asked i straight up told the police it was my bad and didnt try to lie about anything. I guess that made for good karma on my 3rd accident when it wasn't my fault and everything went smooth getting my money.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:06 AM
DJMatrix1067

Originally Posted by stylett9
hope things work out for you. I hate when people don't fess up and aren't being honest. Especially when it effects someone else.

I've been in...3 accidents. The first 2 were my fault and no questions asked i straight up told the police it was my bad and didnt try to lie about anything. I guess that made for good karma on my 3rd accident when it wasn't my fault and everything went smooth getting my money.
That's good karma?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 AM
stylett9

the fact i didnt try to lie on the first two accidents was good karma, not getting in the accidents themselves. lol
Old 07-04-2007, 10:20 AM
xlucidx

i hope somethin like that never happens to me, im not sure i could controll myself if someone hit me

hope everything goes good for you and you get everything fixed
Old 07-04-2007, 12:37 PM
350z babe

almost happen to be yesterday when i was going to school. it was a two way stop where the other traffic direction yield to my direction, and this lady didnt even look. if i didnt brake hard, she would have hit my left side. i honked and tailed gate the crap out of her.