Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

response from BOSE

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 02:11 PM
350zandMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down response from BOSE

I e-mailed Bose with my disappointment with the system in my Z and here is the response.

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your disappointment with the Bose Music System in your 2003 Nissan 350Z. The current performance level of this system does not meet our corporate standards and we are committed to rectifying the situation.

Please encourage your friends who may be experiencing similar problems to contact us. We will follow-up with you with more information when a plan has been finalized.

We apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division
-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation
US Telephone: (800)231-2673
International Tel: (508)766-6699
Fax Number: (508)879-2043
Email: http://www.bose.com/contact_us/

What the hell does that mean?
Old 05-08-2003, 02:44 PM
grayfox

Sounds like we need to spam them with email, complaining about the quality of their sound system - maybe they'll give us an upgrade or a massage or somethin'...

Heck, I'd even take a milkshake...
Old 05-08-2003, 07:24 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen up, people!

BOSE really is working on this problem. I made some calls back in Feb/Mar and spoke to four people at BOSE corporate INCLUDING Patty Bolack. They are right now in the process of testing numerous revisions of the sub amp in several member's cars as I type this. As their engineering unit is located in CA, only a few people who are local are getting to be the guinea pigs. Nissan doesn't give a **** about the stereo, but BOSE is honestly upset and trying to implement a solution, a cost-effective solution, but a solution none-the-less. They know damn well that the first amp swap was a joke.

I asked for the AudioPilot to be COMPLETELY removed from my system. I even offered to pay for it, but it's not that simple. Unfortunately, the AP is integrated throughout the entire f**king system. Every amp including the head unit are affected by it. If it was as simple as swapping HUs, I would have already done it.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:29 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I doubt they are going to fix my biggest complaint, the crappy highs imaging. I'd bet that is speaker related.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:21 AM
BillR

I too wrote them about my system in the G. While not as bad as the Z, I think it is pretty lame. Here is what I wrote:
Patty Bolack

Patty,
My name is Bill R. I am the owner of Audio Connection in Va. Beach, Va. which we recently signed up as a Bose retailer.

However, my reason for writing is that I am the owner of a Infiniti G35 Coupe. I am satisfied with the car in all aspects except the Bose stereo system.

I have had other vehicles with Bose audio in them (and I sell your
products), so I know what kind of sound quality I should expect from your company.

However the sound quality from my Infiniti G35 is simply horrible and certainly not up to the Bose standard, espically for a "premium system". Not only does the system not sound good, but the "automatic level control" that adjusts volume and tonal qualities as ambient sound levels rise, totally ruins the sound even more. Who ever designed the eq circuit for that got it
totally incorrect!

I am aware that you may have just designed a system to Infiniti/Nissan per their specifications, but on each speaker and the radio the "Bose" corporate name is displayed prominently. This is something that Bose should NOT be proud of.
The Bose name on the Infiniti G35 AND the Nissan 350Z is a disgrace to your company and a poor marketing situation.

I, and many other G35 and 350Z owners hold your company responsible since Bose designed the acoustic signature of the system.
If you would like to view other opinions, please visit
https://my350z.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=16701 .
This is just one of many websites I have seen discuss this problem. These websites are visted by MANY people, and the negative responses in reguards to the Bose name will certainly give your company a poor reputation.

You should contact Infiniti/Nissan and work with them to revise the EQ program in the Bose amp so the sound quality is
acceptable.

Thank you for your time,

Now here is the Bose response:

Hello Bill,

Thank you for contacting the Automotive Systems Division, I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the Bose Music System in your Infiniti G35. I have not received any other complaints regarding the Bose Music System in the G35. We are aware of our customers dissatisfaction with the Bose Music System in the 350Z and we are addressing this with Nissan
Corporation.

Have you asked the Infiniti dealer to determine if your system is performing to specification ? or listened to another G35 for comparison. If you have had the Infiniti dealer diagnose the system can you give me some specific details on your system that I can forward to our OEM Service Engineer for recommendations ?

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack

Looks like you Z guys WILL indeed get some type of satisfaction.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:58 AM
all_bark

Originally posted by droideka
[BI asked for the AudioPilot to be COMPLETELY removed from my system. I even offered to pay for it, but it's not that simple. Unfortunately, the AP is integrated throughout the entire f**king system. Every amp including the head unit are affected by it. If it was as simple as swapping HUs, I would have already done it. [/B]
After you get the latest amp put in the $.20 cent bose fix (the sticky at the top of the nav/stereo/... forum) and it will COMPLETELY DISABLE THE AUDIO IDIOT!

It is working perfectly for me and has for several weeks now!

Good luck
Old 05-09-2003, 11:49 AM
noel48

The Bose in my wife's G35 Sedan sounds really good.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:07 PM
6kLaunch

I also wrote Bose a letter and got the same letter back from them saying that they were working on it. I would like to know what is the timing of their fix and maybe a clue as to what they are doing. I have been putting up with the crappy sound system for six months now and see no light at the end of the tunnel. Bose has known about this issue for at least eight months, how long does it take a large company like Bose to engineer a fix?

Certainly Bose is aware of project management techniques and scheduling development activities so as to accomodate a closure plan. Why not provide some information and at least acknowldge a closure plan and a targeted completion date? Everyone has a project go live date or completion date and schedule activities to meet the date. Is Bose engineering unaware of basic project management, they just keep plugging along until they have exhausted themselves of alternatives?

Droideka mentions that they are testing many alternatives and are working on the problem. Ok fine, they have had a LONG TIME to perform this task, why can't they make a decision and get on with it. Trade studies and alternative analysis is not a new technology, either is a car sound system. I have redesigned an entire fuel system on the F-18EF in less time then they are taking to repair a poorly engineered sound system.

I, like many of you are sick and tired of the poorly performing Bose system and their lack of a timely response to fix a problem. I preordered my car on the basis that I had trust in Nissan and Bose to provide a quality product and if a problem did occur, Nissan would stand up and fix it.

IMO, they have caused themselves a tarnished image that could of been avoided by simply communicating their intentions and provide a window for completion.

Last edited by 6kLaunch; 05-09-2003 at 12:11 PM.