Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z and the Military

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:46 PM
bOmberO_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strider619
I'll try to be succinct with this one guys. There are several threads floating around about the military lifestyle and owning the Z for young low ranking lads, great info btw. I'm 21 yrs old and make a little over 2k a month, I pay all my bills, car, rent etc. I've been in the restaurant industry since I was 17... as good as the pay is for part time students, I just can't see myself doing this for 4 more years studying for a degree.

My dilemma is that I want to join the AF this January, for the cause, the experience and the adventure (perhaps speed up my education also?). I realize that the pay is not great in the beginning, around $800 as E-1? I want to keep the Z with the $500 dollar payment. I want to leave the car garaged in San Diego so that I wont have to insure it. This scenario leaves me with a couple hundred bucks if at all.

Living on base, with food and rent taken care of... is this a possible scenario?
I know it's hard and I'll be broke but that's the sacrifice I am willing to make by keeping the car. Your constructive and fresh input is appreciated. Thank you.
Dude, I'm AF and my Z is paid off... But guys and gals around me go buy new cars and wind up in over their heads. Miss a payment and before you know it are in front of the 1st Sgt.

I'm 22, and I traded in my civic, took some money that I earned in IRAQ, and money I saved up and paid it off. Not to mention, you don't know where you're going to get stationed with all the downsizing going on. Plus, usually in tech-school depending on your job you pick, you're not allowed or have NO need for a vehicle.

If you want any more info, let me know...