Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan's BIG surprise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 12:52 AM
twinzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan's BIG surprise?

Ghosn already exceeded everyone's expectations by turning Nissan around in only 2 years, a full year ahead of schedule! They built a Boxster S killer for less than 27K AND sold out their preorders.

The coup de grace:

What if...Nissan was planning on continuing exceeding everyones expectations and delivering their "halo" car ahead of time. Look at all the positive press and continued excitement they would stir up if they pulled this off...
Old 08-02-2002, 12:53 AM
flyzmd80

And under our very noses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If true!
Old 08-02-2002, 12:57 AM
infinite z

I agree that it would be magnificant if the Z's got delivered by Saturday. But not to bring your point down too much, but the original estimate of delivery was August for all first-allotment pre-orders. Not just a few of them. So even if they pulled that feat off, which they aren't, then they'd just be on schedule. I'm not upset at all, I didn't ever honestly expect them to be able to hold to the original August delivery. I'm quite happy with a small delay actually, if it means a better made car.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:09 AM
Alang

Correction, the pre-orders were always stated as having a deliver between Aug and Oct. This has never changed. To have all pre-order Zs delivered in August would be sweet, but it ain't happening. My dealer is getting 10 Zs in Sept according to the delivery sheets from Nissan. Since they have 14 pre-order slots, the assumption is that the remaining 4 will show up in Oct.

Don't get you hopes up for Aug delivery unless you already have been told by you dealer that its happening.