Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Taking car to stealership, do they owe me a loaner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:41 AM
GalvatronType_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking car to stealership, do they owe me a loaner?

I'm having the rear axle click, fuel hose recall, and a second gear transmission problem looked at by the stealership (all under TSB or warranty) but they claim that they don't owe me a loaner in the meantime. Do they owe me a broke down Sentra while the Z is out of commission or am I on my own?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

IF you bought it from that dealership then yea. They usually give u a loaner if they have a car overnight. GL
Old 08-07-2007, 05:45 AM
fast kiwi

only if you bought it there do they "owe" you one.. i got offerd one from my dealership even though i didnt buy mine there but ive had a long service history with them... and they had to cut the rings off and order new ones so it stay'd over night.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only if you got it in a contract that they will give you a loaner for the duration of the fix. if not, they should have a courtesy shuttle if you do not want to wait or if you can't wait
Old 08-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Goni

I just got my Z from a dealership and to get a rental while it was being repaired under warranty was part of the 20$ a month add on or something, I don't think it's standard
Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 AM
GalvatronType_R

This stinks.

A friend of mine has a Lexus and he recently took it to the stealership for service (he didn't buy it there). He told me they treated him like a king, the tech were exceedingly polite, the waiting room was plush, they had nice finger food to eat, and when they found out that they needed to keep it overnight, they offered him an IS as a loaner, no questions asked.

Just goes to show the difference between buying a luxury vs. a standard brand...
Old 08-07-2007, 06:10 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What does your warranty say about loaners?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:14 AM
GalvatronType_R

Originally Posted by davidv
What does your warranty say about loaners?
Powertrain warranty doesn't mention squat about loaners. Also, I'm posting just to get anecdotal evidence of dealers giving loaners for warranty repairs for others here. Not everything a dealer will do is spelled out in the warranty.

Last edited by GalvatronType_R; 08-07-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I got a loaner while my tranny was being replaced, I'm 20 and I didn't buy my car there and I haven't taken it there very long. Guess they are just really good to me.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:45 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

i dont know about your dealer, but if the car isn't going to be there over night,then they provide you a ride to and from with the Nissan Mini van transpo vehicle. You would be entitled to a loaner if they were going to have your car for an extended period of time. (with bumper to bumper coverage, not sure about the ext warranty)
Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 AM
xNeo

It's up to the dealer and your warranty. If you have the extended warranty, then all warranty service requires them to give you a loaner car, if not it is up to the dealer. I had my 07 Z in for 4 days because of the clutch assembly problem, they gave me a loaner even though they didn’t have to.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 AM
KenZee

Infiniti dealers give you a loaner anytime you schedule an appointment for service and they have one available. The one or two times I had my I30T in for service, they were available. But, the infiniti was a little more expensive than my wife's Maxima, with a longer std. warranty. I guess the extra money you spend goes for something. Some Nissan dealers will give you a loaner and some will not. You just won't know until you ask. Strictly my opinion based on my experiences.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:01 AM
PM-Performance

ive always gotten a loaner from any dealer if the car was staying overnight.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 AM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
This stinks.

A friend of mine has a Lexus and he recently took it to the stealership for service (he didn't buy it there). He told me they treated him like a king, the tech were exceedingly polite, the waiting room was plush, they had nice finger food to eat, and when they found out that they needed to keep it overnight, they offered him an IS as a loaner, no questions asked.

Just goes to show the difference between buying a luxury vs. a standard brand...
that's why their cust. serv is #1
Old 08-07-2007, 10:09 AM
IndyZ-man

I never get a loaner. I've had mine in the shop multiple times and sometimes for several days and have never been offered one. They claim they don't do loaners at all. I think that just sucks! All the other dealerships in the area will give you a loaner except this one. I even bought the car at this dealer. My friend has and RX8 and he gets a loaner even if it's just for the day.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Jorge Cabrone

Speaking of Clicking Axle, Just dropped off my car at the stealership again and they said since I have coilovers, they are not going to fix the clicking axle despite me showing them the TSB. Lubing is not going to make it go away (they need to replace the outer joint and bearing).

They even blamed it on the coilovers making the clicking sound despite I had the same problem before the coilovers. Any suggestions on this?

I did request for a loaner but the shuttle took me along with 4 other people to work this morning.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:17 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got a loaner once for 2 weeks during my fuel problem. At first they didnt want to give me 1 said you have to call a month in advance. After owning the car for a full month I told them the car has been here more then 3 times for the same problem, I would have no problem having you buy this car back from me considering the lemon law. They went out to the parking lot pulled up in a brand new Versa and sent me on my way.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Tim@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Nissan's basic warranty that the vehicle comes with does not cover loaners no matter where the vehicle was purchased. If you bought an extended warranty and the repair being done is listed as covered by the extended warranty it will cover a loaner for 2 days. Anything with out an extended warranty it is up to the dealer to either pay for the loaner or submit a request to Nissan for them to pay for it. Some but few dealers have their own loaners and they may be more flexible as far as giving them out.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Zakira

My Z is at West Covina Nissan today for axle clicking and fuel hose recall. They got me a Maxima to drive from Enterprise free of charge. Thanks Tim, Henry, Jeff!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Tim@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

No problem.....and again some dealers just like to take care of the customers!!!

Quick Reply: Taking car to stealership, do they owe me a loaner?