Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

O.K. Let's Talk ' INSURANCE RATES '

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 07:35 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think this will help you TXSTYLE unless you are tied to the military as a reservist, child of military or such.

USAA quoted me $320/ 6 mos. They said that they don't have anything on me but I did have a ticket in 1999 for 80 something in a 55 and further back in 1998 for 91 in a 55. 100/300/100 with $500 deductible. No UIM/PIP. Corpus is not on the low end of the range according to the statistics.
Old 08-04-2002, 10:36 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I pay $450/6 months now for my 2001 Subaru Outback Limited with Allstate. Adding the Z with bring my total to about $750/6 months for both cars. I am 33, single, good driver rate, multiple policy discount, Suburban Chicago zip code. $500 collision deductible, $250 comprehensive, high level of coverage.

Just for laughs I quoted a new ZO6 and M3. The vette was only about $85 more than the Z for 6 months and the M3 was about $60 more.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:44 AM
silverz

Default Insurance rate - NC

I live in Charlotte, NC and have 1 speeding ticket (about 1 year ago) and Erie Insurance quoted me $598 every six months. That is with a $500 dedutable and full coverage - 100k, 100k, etc...My wife has a 1997 Maxima SE with one ticket (1 year ago) and we have our home insurance with Erie Insurance. I had Erie Insurance when I lived in Ohio and it was by far the lowest insurance I could find. I was with State Farm before I changed. I had one claim about 4 years ago and they were great. When I moved down here I stuck with them. I have friends who are with them and we have never had a problem. I'm not sure if they are in every state but it's worth a phone call if you are looking to change or get quote. With 2 tickets within the last year, $598 doesn't seem that bad. Later dayzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 08-05-2002, 08:12 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by HZ-130Nav
A common misconception about no-fault insurance is that fault is not assigned in an accident or that neither party is considered at fault.

No-fault laws basically restrict your right to sue someone regardless of whether or not they are at fault. In most states with no-fault laws you are only allowed to file suit if you meet a certain threshold. This can be a certain dollar amount of medical treatment, or a particular type of injury such as a fracture to a weight-bearing bone, or permanent disability.

Another common misconception is that a ticket means someone is at fault in the accident or that the police officer decides who is at fault. The police officer's primary jobs at an accident scene are to record the facts as best as possible, clear the accident scene to make it safe, and to issue any citations he feels are warranted. His report may list his opinion of the circumstances that caused the accident, but that does not mean the person ticketed is at fault.

Regarding insurance companies "inflating prices" to cover the uninsured morons (I like that as a new definition for UM coverage by the way ) keep in mind that all insurance companies, like most businesses, are in it to make a profit. They cannot afford to pay out more in claims than they take in from premiums. A few years of a business practice like that and your insurance company would go out of business and be unable to pay any claims at all.

I know that many people rank insurance professionals on a level with car dealers (a dirty word on this board ) and lawyers, but most of us are honest professionals trying to take care of our customers as best we can within the limits of the insurance policy.

BTW, here in Texas, almost half the drivers are uninsured. I always tell people that means they should look at the car behind them (or in front or to the side) and assume they have no insurance. It helps you keep a healthy distance whenever possible.
HZ, what have you been quoted???
And by the way people, good stuff here, thanks for all the advice!
Old 08-05-2002, 09:27 PM
3rdpower

Default I know I'm bad :)

So... I was prepared to pay through the nose and that's exact what I presented. $1800 6 months $300 a month
Old 08-06-2002, 02:27 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Thumbs up

Well I guess I'm not too bad off as I thought. I spoke again to my agent and got a $432/6 mos. I can live with that!
Old 08-07-2002, 04:27 AM
jrreed350togo

Man a lot of you are up there a little...I feel much better now thanks... Anyway My rate with Geico is pretty good. My Z and the wife's 01 Toyota Highlander together will run us 150 per month 1800 a year. We're both 30....She's never had a ticket and I haven't had one for 3 or 4 years now. I find this laughable because I was paying 120 a month with her car and a 1998 Avenger with 163 HP. I didn't want the Z to cut into my beer fund. It didn't.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:49 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by jims2321
HZ,

Not to drag this issue out, but anyone insured in Florida really needs to look at chapters 627-641 for the Florida No-Fault Laws.

627.731 Purpose.--The purpose of ss. 627.730-627.7405 is to provide for medical, surgical, funeral, and disability insurance benefits without regard to fault, and to require motor vehicle insurance securing such benefits, for motor vehicles required to be registered in this state and, with respect to motor vehicle accidents, a limitation on the right to claim damages for pain, suffering, mental anguish, and inconvenience.

Please note, that this law does not restrict compensation to just medical, death or pain, but also inconvenience!

So, once again, in this mickey mouse state, we can and do sue for any reason under the sun (or rain, sleet, pothole ....)

Jim
WOW! I very own legal consultants right here on the forum.

Quick Reply: O.K. Let's Talk ' INSURANCE RATES '