2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Incident With Performance Nissan In Duarte

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TUNER350
oh thats happened to you also!!
That happens to me at every Nissan dealer I go to, for some reason I get Excellent service at the local infiniti dealer I go to. Nissan service departments is the pits.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:31 AM
VENOMSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's about Andy.
It's about another horrible dealership.
Not one guy in particular. George from Pasadena
also admitted Andy was the only person on his side.
I'd say leave him out of it, it's about performance nissan,
and their unprofessional service. If you went to get an oil
change, and received your car damaged, you'd be ok with it?
Heck no. Until you've been in that position, it's not easy
to understand. If they originally said they'd take care of it, and
three months go by with no communication, only to find nothing
has been done, you'd be ok with that?
Well, how about we paint, powdercoat your wheels instead?
What if you don't want that, do you have to accept it?
If you wanted colored wheels you'd have bought them that way.
Well we can't get that wheel, since it's no longer made.
In three months since you promised to take care of it, you mean to
say that there was no place on this planet that has that wheel?
With the internet and many contacts...even eBay, you expect us
to believe that that wheel just does not exist anymore? Anywhere?
Three months went by and no-one made an effort to do what
they said they would, or even make contact with the customer.
How is this acceptable, or even explainable to any customer?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
Old 08-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Mazinger Z

Originally Posted by Motormouth
where in any of this issue do you see Perfomance Nissan screwing the OP over? just because they suck at communication? NEWSBREAK!!! omg a car dealership doesn't call back??@!!!??11!??? that has NEVER happened in the history of the universe... oh wait, every dealership does this. I have never had (even at great dealerships) a 100% call back rate.
Your comments remind me of that SNL skit... "Lower Expectations~"

As for other dealerships being top-notch? I bought my Z from a Mercedes dealer in Calabasas. The car didn't come with the extra set of keys and as soon as I contacted them about it, they kept me updated via phone on where the key was and even offered to pay for them if they couldn't find it. This was after I signed on the dotted line. Not a week later I got my set of keys in the mail and an apology letter for taking so long. If I were in the market for a Mercedes, that's where I'd probably go.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zzz350
Nice try, this has nothing to do with a bandwagon. If you don't get it, then I'm not going to bother with ya. There is a professional way to do things and there is an unprofessional way to do things, that's just the way it is, son. BTW, enough with the "strawman" bs arguments that you set up, that shat doesn't work with me. Just stop it! However, I do agree with you on one thing, you are "sorry".
there is no arguement, 'son'. there is logical reality and your wonderous world of the consumer is always right. I read this whole thread and I don't see why Andy or the dealership did anything wrong beyond the communication issue.

I know it's easy to make snide, idiotic comments (some of my favorite pasttimes) so keep on with that, it's doing you well 'son'. and your use of strawman is thin if even applicable. I addressed the intial concern with this topic that 'andy acted unprofessional and perf nissan was in the wrong' (a rephrasing). if you are referring to my comments about toyota's service, again, that was directly related to the post I was targeting. nowhere was there a strawman arguement.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by bugsbbunny
Your comments remind me of that SNL skit... "Lower Expectations~"

As for other dealerships being top-notch? I bought my Z from a Mercedes dealer in Calabasas. The car didn't come with the extra set of keys and as soon as I contacted them about it, they kept me updated via phone on where the key was and even offered to pay for them if they couldn't find it. This was after I signed on the dotted line. Not a week later I got my set of keys in the mail and an apology letter for taking so long. If I were in the market for a Mercedes, that's where I'd probably go.
yeah, I am pretty jaded, not only from owning a Nissan but from the toyota and hyundai dealerships I have had to deal with.

I would expect a mercedes dealership to be pretty good, but again, I also stated '100%' of the time. I have had excellent service from many car dealerships... but it's just not consistent. they lose members, change owners, have busy periods where they are down on staff, etc, etc and thier output suffers for a while sometimes.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
I wouldn't say they are horrible. but I do agree Andy shouldn't be the focus of the ire. if you ordered parts from them online and they lied that they were available when they were really backordered and your car had to sit on jackstands for over a week while you waited for shipment and then they gave you the run around until you posted a thread on a 350z board calling them out...
Old 08-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Motormouth
Banned

honesty, especially in sales, is ALWAYS commendable. that is a terrible statement.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:28 PM
led

Originally Posted by Motormouth
honesty, especially in sales, is ALWAYS commendable. that is a terrible statement.
Sure, honesty with the product you sell is commendable. But honesty about negative feelings towards customers and competition can actually be foolish.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Motormouth
Banned

again, where did andy ever say anything negative about the work the WCN guys do? maybe he personally doesn't like them. maybe he does like them, what business is it of ours to insinuate or guess anything?

and again, it's nice that you are focusing on a off topic, 1 line post in a 8 page thread about a service issue. I was talking about the service issue and that he was honest about thier reasoning and about where the fault lay in the situation. THAT is the honesty I am talking about.

I could care less what andy says about any other dealership or the people that work there and again, that's his right but let's get off that comment and focus on the thread
Old 08-18-2007, 12:57 PM
KONVERTER

snap crackle and pop...

Last edited by KONVERTER; 08-18-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Motormouth
Banned

they're GReeeeeeat!

Last edited by Motormouth; 08-18-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:04 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I am going to assume that Andy had the backing of management for what he posted as he is pretty much the public voice of PN, at least around here. Regardless, I don't think he should have taken the bait and spelled out the entire "history" story. Major can of worms there, on both sides.

I have customers who are a major PITA but if I screw up their job, I fix it. And when you are mailing 10,000 fliers and it appears that maybe 2000 might have been printed with an extra $0 in the rebate or something, I re-mail to the entire list, all 10,000. Yes it is going to cost me $3500 in postage alone, but my company screwed up, and my company is going to pay. And that is what PN should have done. My company has "errors and ommisions" insurance and if PN doesn't, then their bad, they should just eat it.

Andy, I'm thinking it just doesn't pay to be the face of a Nissan dealer on a forum. You did what you could, and I don't think anyone here is ******* you, but you end up taking the hit for your employer. Gotta be honest, I don't think I would even let on that I worked for Nissan - there are waaaay to many posts regarding the horrible service.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
I would NEVER work at WCN nor would I ever want to work with the people there.
whewwwww well, that's a relief in the midst of all the drama that's going on.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:04 PM
masterj26

on next weeks As the World Turns on My350z, The call outs continue. Too much drama on here anymore.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:23 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
So basically you are holding his previous service records of where things had to replaced against him?

Seems to me that you just re-enforced what he has been saying.

Performance messed up his wheel and as JDM stated Performance is responsible to restore the vehicle to the condition it was in prior to the incident. If that means YOU have to buy him 2 wheels because they do not make the same off-set anymore, that is what should be done. It does not matter that the other wheel was curbed by him. If the only off-set available is different YOU must fix the problem.

After reading this response I must say again. I would seek legal assistance. Andy's statement IMO would no doubt help George's case.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by PerfZ
I am going to assume that Andy had the backing of management for what he posted as he is pretty much the public voice of PN, at least around here. Regardless, I don't think he should have taken the bait and spelled out the entire "history" story. Major can of worms there, on both sides.

I have customers who are a major PITA but if I screw up their job, I fix it. And when you are mailing 10,000 fliers and it appears that maybe 2000 might have been printed with an extra $0 in the rebate or something, I re-mail to the entire list, all 10,000. Yes it is going to cost me $3500 in postage alone, but my company screwed up, and my company is going to pay. And that is what PN should have done. My company has "errors and ommisions" insurance and if PN doesn't, then their bad, they should just eat it.

Andy, I'm thinking it just doesn't pay to be the face of a Nissan dealer on a forum. You did what you could, and I don't think anyone here is ******* you, but you end up taking the hit for your employer. Gotta be honest, I don't think I would even let on that I worked for Nissan - there are waaaay to many posts regarding the horrible service.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Tony@RiversideInfiniti
FYI, might want to clear up your posts or others may think there's other personal sentiments in the post as well.... Remember, it's a forum, it's easy to mis-read intentions....
There's nothing to misread about my post and people can take it as they like. Never did I state my opinion about WCN.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by zzz350
Ouch, I hope Andy's boss doesn't see his comments and his dissing of other Nissan Dealerships, very unprofessional. Andy, sorry dude, but if you worked for me, you would be receiving your pink slip.
Don't be surprised if West Covina dealership isn't already in contact with your slave masters. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, it ain't your place to air dirty laundry, no matter what a customer posts. As you may have noticed, your responses actually turned a once favorable crowd into an angry mob that has no respect for PN. Damn kids!!
Where did I diss WCN? I simply stated a fact that I WOULD NEVER WORK FOR WCN and that's a diss? You know what's funny? Ever since WCN has opened their dealership and became a sponsor on this forum, they have constantly and indirectly flamed us PUBLICLY and have encouraged the public to the same. I have NEVER retaliated against there ill intentions towards us, EVER. You're right, WCN did contact us, as a matter of fact, someone over there contacted me directly, not anyone above me. Whether my posts turned against my favor or not, the truth has to be spoken and I haven't even revealed 1% of the truth. Have you even questioned why the GM of WCN suddenly responded to my post? This story between PN and WCN goes much deeper than what all of you think and we are getting the short end of the stick.

Last edited by Andy@Performance; 08-18-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by PerfZ

I appreciate your honest and genuine post.

I actually am apart of management at Performance Nissan and not only does the rest of management back me, they fully support what I do.

Quick Reply: Incident With Performance Nissan In Duarte