Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Cool Cops & Let's Be Careful Out There Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 09:52 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cool Cops & Let's Be Careful Out There Commercial

I just get out of court. Driving along, I wait and wait for a guy to walk across the street. Finally I get to the next signal light. When it turns green, I hit it, slide the rears out a bit and pop into second. It's a three lane road, two lanes filled in front but an open lane to my right. As I'm scoutting this out, I look in the rear view mirror and see LAPD waiting for the light to turn back where I had made my left.

So, I stay behind the cars in front of me and skip the open lane. As the squad car pulls up, I hear: "yeah, you wanted to get on it, we saw you." Two young officers were both smiling and I had a grin from ear to ear saying "yep, you know it, how ya doing?" LOL. So, one cop says: "Go for it, you got to go when the cops say okay." And, I laugh still grinning and say, "thanks!" knowing not to push my luck, "take it easy guys." They say, "you too" and take off.

It wasn't my suit and tie, it wasn't the fact that we were all grinning knowing what's up, it was because of my cool Z that I didn't get popped. I don't know how many cops have seen that commercial, the one where you see police officers, state troopers, motorcycle cops and sherrifs flash by ending with a Z and the comment, "let's becareful out there," but I really believe the cops dig that commercial and our Z.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:18 AM
328skidpad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default similar story

I have only had my z for two weeks now and have been pulled over twice already, both times I was speeding 55 on 35 and 30 around a 15 mile turn, didnt ask for license or registration

the first time i got stopped the cop just kept on saying " that's a nice car" as he was walking around my car in circles

the second time a different cop didnt even get out of the car he just said I should drive slower (55 on 35mph) and thats a really nice car, its funny how enthralled they are with the car that they dont even ask the price or how many horses the car has.

I must admit I was wearing decent casual clothing and am 30 yrs old thus they gave me slack but otherwise, I also think that they realize that z drivers must be pretty responsible because the insurance is soo high and even if you can afford the car the insurance is the next killer...