Lost power and problem with shifting (automatic) - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Engine & Drivetrain
VQ Power and Delivery

Old 09-24-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
MAsSIVrOOM

Default Lost power and problem with shifting (automatic)

So I got my Z like 2 months ago, DE engine, 70k miles. First thing I noticed, is the general loss of power (doesn't spin the wheels as often, very rarely in second). I have been driving it a lot in manual mode lately, before that I didn't notice any problems.

So the first time a problem arose was when I was on highway, when I tried to takeover so I shifted to 3rd, but was just on the border with RPMs, so it hit the red line, the I shifted to 4th. Car lost power for like half a second, maybe more, but then it went on as normal, but when I tried to shift in 5th, I couldnt...then I noticed the D sign as if i was on automatic, but it didn't shift automatically either. So i put to automatic, didn't shift (either up or down), put back in manual, still D. So I had to pull over, then when I was very low speed, it shifted in first and it was ok after that (normal auto and manual shifting). Today I had the same problem, but it was stuck in 5th instead of 4th gear. Again I had to pull over so the car shifted in 1st, then it was ok. But before this same problem, like 2 hours before, I was driving automatic, and when in 4th gear, the car went to 3k rpm, and couldnt go further no matter how much gas I pushed (felt like it was the time that automatic should shift in higher gear, but didnt) - I think that here I put in manual and shifted up, it was ok then.
If it matters (if this isn't normal), when I hit the red line for example in 1st gear, if I shift too late, it loses noticable amount of power when it gets to 2nd gear for like half a second, then continues to pull normally.

Other circumstances:
- stock car 2006 DE roadster
- not long ago I ran out of gas (maybe some dirt got sucked in)
- I drive quite hard
- TCS (ESP) usually off
- never chip tuned
- I am careful about things like not driving hard when warming up, always wait 30 sec before shutting down the engine
- I did do some donuts on harder concrete not long ago (like 10 donuts all together)

What do you guys think might be the problem with either thing - general loss of power, and the transmission thing?
MAsSIVrOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
0jiggy0

I dont see in any of this you telling us if the tranny fluid is low or not and what color it looks. You didn't even do step one and you beat the **** out of your car.
0jiggy0 is offline   Reply With Quote