Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Let me tell you about GOOD SERVICE by GHL MOTORSPORTS!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 02:49 PM
JimH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let me tell you about GOOD SERVICE by GHL MOTORSPORTS!!

After the usual battles with various Nissan dealers over the coarse of the last 27,000 miles, I was overwhelmed with the service I recieved today from GHL Motorsports in Mesa, Arizona.
I bought the GHL exhaust back in March and have since put over 12,000 miles on it. During my extended road trip over the past 5 weeks I noticed a worsening droning that was present @ 2,000 rpm. This equates to 50 mph with my gearing in 5th gear in my 5AT. This caused me to drop to 4th gear to get away from the droning and with my already short gearing in the rearend, my gas mileage suffered as a result.
I emailed GHL yesterday and within the hour they emailed back and asked me to bring the car in for a replacement system, no questions asked!!! Remember, this is after 6 weeks usage and 12,000 miles!
I took the car over this morning and met the Gerber bros. who own GHL and in less than one hour they had me on the road again with a complete new exhaust system installed. Their last words were, "if you have any more problems, just bring it back in."
This is truly service with a capital "S" and I won't forget it. Too bad it is so rare in the automotive field.
Thanks and kudos to GHL Motorsports, for a quality product and the service to back it up! Regards, Jim
Old 05-15-2003, 03:47 PM
cobf32

Jim,

Did they give you any idea what caused it? It is not like an exhaust system has any parts to "wear out".

I have this exhaust also and am just wondering about that.

Silverstone Performance
Phoenix AZ
Old 05-15-2003, 08:06 PM
JimH

Default GHL exhaust

Brian Gerber thinks perhaps the mesh lining the walls inside the resonater may have become plugged due to a rich condition that our Z's are known to have. When this happened it virtually became a straight through pipe and set up the drone at 2k rpm. This is an educated guess until he opens it up to see. The drone has all but disappeared and the note is the same on the first day of usage. I very much like the distinctive note of the GHL and the mesh has something to do with this. I understand the GHL is the only design with this grill/mesh in the resonater.
Regards, Jim

Originally posted by cobf32
Jim,

Did they give you any idea what caused it? It is not like an exhaust system has any parts to "wear out".

I have this exhaust also and am just wondering about that.

Silverstone Performance
Phoenix AZ
Old 05-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

You may have answered this question before in some other post, but I'm dying to know what the hp gains are for the GHL exhaust? Also do you have any sound clips of the exhaust, as I would really love to hear it. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:28 PM
JimH

Default GHL HP gains?

I have a baseline dyno and I need to go back to the same dyno for a definitive answer for you. I have been out of town for the past 5 weeks so I will try for a dyno run as early as next week. The general consensus is that the ECU throttles back any changes made over time to any intake and/or exhaust mods. I'll try to let you know. Regards, Jim

Originally posted by x350Zx
You may have answered this question before in some other post, but I'm dying to know what the hp gains are for the GHL exhaust? Also do you have any sound clips of the exhaust, as I would really love to hear it. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Zmoney

That is great customer service but what happens when you cant make it out to Mesa, Arizona for them to look at it? I am just curious on how they would handle a situation where the customer is located a 1000 miles away.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:57 AM
JimH

Default Great service

I wouldn't be able to answer that question for GHL, but I bet Brian Gerber @ www.ghlmotorsports.com would be happy to respond
Regards, Jim

Originally posted by Zmoney
That is great customer service but what happens when you cant make it out to Mesa, Arizona for them to look at it? I am just curious on how they would handle a situation where the customer is located a 1000 miles away.