Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Airbag explodes while driving.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:44 AM
ParanoidAndroid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Airbag explodes while driving.

Ok first off I am new to these forums, i just bought a 07 touring edition Z (PPW)
While driving to work this morning, going 50mph the side curtain airbag on the passenger side randomly explodes, ripping open the headliner, seats, and damaging the door panal. So I took it to the dealership and they said it will be covered under warrenty, BUT the rental car they gave us, we have to pay for it. And this seems like it will take forever because the people at the dealership told me they have to send my Z to a place where there are Nissan technicians who can evaluate what happened and fix the problem.

My question is (I've asked them and they gave me some bs answer) would it be possible to get a brand new Z seeing how I've only had this one for 4 days, and only 200+ miles on it, and the airbag explodes? And why should we be paying for the rental car?
Old 08-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 785 Posts

that is messed up. If it had only been 3 days you could have returned it right? Id be stern on not paying for a rental.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:52 AM
DelayedZ

You can return it right now, I work at a dealer you have a 30 day window to return the car, give it back to them right now, don't pay for anything. That's bull**** that they're trying to get you to pay for the rental.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:27 AM
roast

Wow, lucky no one was injured!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:35 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is bs. The car is under arenty and rental is included. What dealer did you take it too? Do not pay for a rental and call Nissan of North America and explain to them what happened. Also Im glad you did not have a passanger or else that could of seriously injuried them. I dont see why they cant get you in a new one, tell them even after they fix it you are scared that is going to happen again.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Strider619

can't you sue someone for endangering your lives, what if you had a passenger? You could've been driving down the freeway thinking it's the drive of a lifetime and that thing just pops, making you swerve left and right or down a hill. Just a thought.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:46 AM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the dealership immediately, and if they don't take the car back, tell them you will contact your lawyer. Don't wait around on this any longer, the window gets smaller everyday.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:47 AM
pln2311

Thats bull$hit nissan will cover the cost of the rental and not the dealer if your cars requirers warranty work overnight. You should give the damn car back.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a lawyer, this IS worth a call......
Old 08-25-2007, 10:55 AM
ParanoidAndroid

Yea, so i returned to the dealer pissed as hell, yelled at the guy who i bought my Z from, He took me back to the office, the rental car is payed for by Nissan now, but now I have to wait for some people from nissan to come and check my Z out, which is Monday, since they are open monday - friday. When they come to check my Z out, im going to be there, and staight up tell them, i'm not leaving this lot with this Z, im leaving with a brand new one. and I'll take your advices on the lawyer too.

Thanks so much for your help, **** was crazy hearing/seeing the air bag explode on you while the windows are up, half asleep and out of no where !!!BOOOM!!! lol.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:00 AM
fast kiwi

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.. Do not pay for rental... Id scream it at the top of my lungs.. and i work at a dealership.. id take one huge dump on my sales mens desk if he couldnt help.. cant comment on new car or not.. but id demand it and go from there..
Old 08-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
Yea, so i returned to the dealer pissed as hell, yelled at the guy who i bought my Z from, He took me back to the office, the rental car is payed for by Nissan now, but now I have to wait for some people from nissan to come and check my Z out, which is Monday, since they are open monday - friday. When they come to check my Z out, im going to be there, and staight up tell them, i'm not leaving this lot with this Z, im leaving with a brand new one. and I'll take your advices on the lawyer too.

Thanks so much for your help, **** was crazy hearing/seeing the air bag explode on you while the windows are up, half asleep and out of no where !!!BOOOM!!! lol.

If possible, consult a lawyer first, to know what you're entitled to.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by fast kiwi
id take one huge dump on my sales mens desk if he couldnt help..
Funny guy..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 08-25-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:22 AM
fast kiwi

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Funny guy..

Hey, ive sold cars for 7 years (all types inclu Nissan, now in high line) ive seen almost everything and ive found theres one HUGE difference between me and the "other guy" and thats customer service.. thats why time after time i have repeat buyers.. you gotta look after the customer.. if i was the salesman in this case the VERY first thing i wouldv done was insure we had a car for him.. I would stay away from promissing anything like a new car of course but i wouldnt rule it out. Of course we have protocols for things like this.. its a wait an see.. some one's gotta pay of course.. I say to the op.. see a laywer for sure but DO NOT throw the words like lawyer or lawsuit around lightly.. you'll find you'll have MUCH less help if you do this.. only use that as a last resort.. I say good luck to you.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Nucleus

Call Nissan of North America. Tell them the whole story. You should get taken care of very well. Free oil changes for life!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:40 AM
6894kevin

If i were you i would report it to Nissan North America, like stated above.

Then i would report it to the local news station, and then i would show up at the dealership with a reporter and the camera crew asking for an interview and an explanation on why you are NOT intitaled to a new car!

If that doesn't work then:
I would say in a calm voice "I will be in the waiting area waiting for my lawer and i will not leave the dealership till i recieve a new Car!"

GET A NEW CAR!!!!

best of luck to ya

Cheers

Kevin
Old 08-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Blacryan

I would suggest getting legal council. In all honesty you could in theory have a pretty good case against nissan. They would more then likely want to settle and settle fast. In either event you should contact a lawyer about getting a new vehicle.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:27 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Go to the dealership immediately, and if they don't take the car back, tell them you will contact your lawyer. Don't wait around on this any longer, the window gets smaller everyday.
Agree. An air bag exploding while you are driving is deadly. This is something that I would take more serious.

Contact a lemon law attorney first thing Monday morning.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Z04

rental car coverage is only covered if you have a security plus service agreement plan. if you only got the limited warranty, you are footing the bill. that is in the FAQ straignt off the owners section on nissan usa page if anyone cares to look this up for yourself.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:17 PM
CaliTouring

Originally Posted by Z04
rental car coverage is only covered if you have a security plus service agreement plan. if you only got the limited warranty, you are footing the bill. that is in the FAQ straignt off the owners section on nissan usa page if anyone cares to look this up for yourself.

most service advisers dont even know that.

Quick Reply: Airbag explodes while driving.