Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator covered under powertrain warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Seel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator covered under powertrain warranty?

I'm having some issues with my radiator or radiator thermostat. Might even be clogged. In any case I was wondering if the radiator is covered under the powetrain warranty? Thanks guys/gals...
Old 08-26-2007, 05:38 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Nope.

Check your Warranty Manual. If you don't have one (usual excuse), you can download it from the Nissan site.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Seel

Thanks Dave, but I already had checked the warranty manual. It doesn't specifically say radiator or any parts associated with it but there are also parts under the hood that are covered and not named. I was just asking to see if anyone had personal experience with this issue. Thanks for your reply.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

The powertrain warranty only covers the major components. For the engine, all you get is this...

ENGINE
Cylinder heads and block and all internal parts, rocker
covers and oil pan, valve train and front cover, timing chain
and tensioner, oil pump, water pump and fuel pump, fuel
injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds and supercharger,
flywheel, seals, and gaskets.

Ancillary parts like the radiator and unrelated parts connected to the engine (power steering pump) are not considered part of the powertrain.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:40 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What symptoms are you having?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
The powertrain warranty only covers the major components. For the engine, all you get is this...

ENGINE

Ancillary parts like the radiator and unrelated parts connected to the engine (power steering pump) are not considered part of the powertrain.
SO if I get a supercharger Nissan will cover it? jk
Old 08-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by davidv
What symptoms are you having?
Well I got out of the car today and heard this odd sound like a waterjug emptying or something (odd sound hard to explain). So I lift the hood and the coolant is overflowing out of the top of the resovoir (sp) through the spout on top. It's completely full of fluid and it looks like bubbles are coming from the bottom of it.

I hadn't noticed any overheating or cabin heat at all obviously or I would not have been driving. So I'm not sure if it's happened before but I highly doubt it or I would have atleast heard this noise. I pressure checked the radiator cap at auto zone and it's functional. I put some more coolant in and tried it again with just the engine running and it started doing the same thing again.

So what do you guys/gals think??
Old 08-26-2007, 08:34 PM
billp

I just got my transferred Gold extended warranty, and for the life of me I can't find anything that is actually covered. The pages of exemptions name every part on the car. I think that you are buying a book and the feeling that if nothing goes wrong, "thank God, I bought that insurance".
Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3

ENGINE

I had my wheel bearings replaced under powertrain warranty.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by Seel
I'll assume that was the rear wheel bearings attached to the rear drivetrain and covered under the powertrain warranty, right?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

The powertrain consists of the engine, transmission and drivetrain. The drivetrain is the driveshaft, rear diff, axles. Just like with the engine, bearings and seals are covered...

DRIVETRAIN
Drive shafts, final drive housing and all internal parts,
propeller shafts, universal joints, bearings, seals and gaskets.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:03 AM
Seel

Originally Posted by Z_Driver
I'll assume that was the rear wheel bearings attached to the rear drivetrain and covered under the powertrain warranty, right?
Hey genius, did you see it listed? You're not the only person that comes in and reads these posts, idiot.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:07 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well I got out of the car today and heard this odd sound like a waterjug emptying or something (odd sound hard to explain). So I lift the hood and the coolant is overflowing out of the top of the resovoir (sp) through the spout on top. It's completely full of fluid and it looks like bubbles are coming from the bottom of it.

I hadn't noticed any overheating or cabin heat at all obviously or I would not have been driving. So I'm not sure if it's happened before but I highly doubt it or I would have atleast heard this noise. I pressure checked the radiator cap at auto zone and it's functional. I put some more coolant in and tried it again with just the engine running and it started doing the same thing again.

So what do you guys/gals think??
If the car is running cool, than the thermostat is OK. Not sure about the strange noises.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:23 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think you may have air in the system. There is a bleed valve in front of the battery compartment that will bleed off the air when the system is pressurized (hot) Just a guess but if are hearing a gurgling sound, no sure what else it could be.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by davidv
If the car is running cool, than the thermostat is OK. Not sure about the strange noises.

Actually the car was running cool and it was the thermostat. I should have checked the heater because that probably would not have worked.

Powertrain warranty did cover it and saved me $241.xx

Like I had mentioned, everything listed in the powertrain booklet are not the only parts covered. Asking never hurts either. Thanks for all the posts...
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Impressive service getting it fixed same day! Kudos to your dealer, mine would have said bring it in a week from Thursday and then would have had to order a new thermostat.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Hey genius, did you see it listed? You're not the only person that comes in and reads these posts, idiot.
Actually, it wasn't listed as rear bearings. You could have meant the front wheel bearings. That's the reason for the question. Clarification..... No reason to call me a idiot for asking a honest question fool.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by Z_Driver
Actually, it wasn't listed as rear bearings. You could have meant the front wheel bearings. That's the reason for the question. Clarification..... No reason to call me a idiot for asking a honest question fool.
To be honest with you I took your post as sarcasm. Maybe I was wrong and I'll appologize for it regardless. Sorry if I was wrong but if you're going to take offense to me calling you an idiot no reason to follow it up with "fool"
Old 08-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Impressive service getting it fixed same day! Kudos to your dealer, mine would have said bring it in a week from Thursday and then would have had to order a new thermostat.
Actually it'll be done tomorrow early afternoon. The part is not coming in until the morning.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Z_Driver
Master

To be honest with you I took your post as sarcasm. Maybe I was wrong and I'll apologize for it regardless. Sorry if I was wrong but if you're going to take offense to me calling you an idiot no reason to follow it up with "fool"
Yeah, if hadn't said something in defense. Then the next thing I'd hear from one of my buddies is "you wimp" .... So, it a no win situation.

I was just saying you looked like a fool with your comment. I was trying to be honest and find out what you meant. No need for dramatics. But, then again a lot of people log on for the drama..... So, if you want to give them a show go ahead. Just pick on someone else please.

I think it's best if we just drop it .....

BTW- There was no intention to step on your thread seel. I dismiss myself from your thread now. Bye and good luck. I was only trying to help.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 08-27-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Radiator covered under powertrain warranty?