2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lemans Sunset or Chrome Silver

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 04:57 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rep15
"But, back to your question, and away from our petty squabbles....either color is going to make you happy, which one are you going to enjoy in the long run though?"

In answer to your question, Goober: LeMans Sunset.

BTW: I have a beautiful bride of 32 years, next week. I still lust after the so-called "yellow-orange"!
Hmmm, did you switch names as this was directed to someone else? Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary! Just a hint of advice though from someone with not as many years (heck, I haven't even been alive that long) "Don't ever tell her that she is a 'yellow orange'". That is the first time that I have heard of that to describe LeMans though. You will have fun with that yellow orange though as I am sure your beautiful (though not yellow orange) wife has provided you with the same excitement for the last 32 years. I wish I could buy one of each although there is a color or two I would buy twice before some of the offered colors. It is a great car in whatever shade.
Old 08-04-2002, 05:11 AM
rep15

Goober, I am completely baffled by your post and, please, I need no "advice" on marriage from you.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:24 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

You were probably baffled because my previous post that ended in a question was directed towards tek but you saw fit to answer it.

In no way was I trying to give you real advice as I don't think 32 years needs much. I am sorry you took my kidding as an assault on your wife as I just thought it was funny that you mention being married and still lusting after the yellow-orange all in the same sentence with what was posted in the prior posts. I'll be sure to post such joking posts with a few "j/k's" or smiley faces or just make sure that the poster can take a little ribbing.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:27 AM
bayarea-sunset

please get the silver one there is not enough silver on the road
Old 08-04-2002, 10:16 AM
rep15

Goober, I suppose I was confused because you were referring to a post 17 posts previous without alluding to it. Sorry.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:12 AM
Bruce_with_Z

Go with beautiful Chrome Silver.

[HIDE] 'cause I ordered a sunset. [/HIDE]
Old 08-04-2002, 02:31 PM
olzilver

Default Hey Goober

Your old car is gonna beat the sh*t out of you if it hears you talkin' about some sexy-colored new car. IMHO, the CS is a classic color.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:57 PM
tek

Default Hmm

Sounds like the consensus is Chrome Silver, with a lot of prodding from the Lemans Sunset buying crowd :-)

I took a driving trip yesterday and was reminded constantly of how many silver or silver-ish cars there are on ther road. They range from various off-white colors to mildly orange silvers. One of the big American automakers is turning out lots of big SUV's in these colors.

And then I saw a silver Porsche 911, and I was reminded of the 350Z.

I also remember the Acura CL that came in a color similar to the Lemans Sunset about 2 years ago. I remember commenting to the salesman, "OMG that's a bright color" he laughed, "Yeah, everyone loves it, that's why we're selling so many!" He was being sarcastic because they'd evidently not sold any of them and so all the CL's of that color were relegated to the back of the storage lot. Now mind you the Acura CL is definately not to be considered in the same league as the 350Z. One's a sports car and the other is Honda's version of a capable "commuter" for the tastefully challenged.

I'm not a commuter.

I also like the "quiet cool" of the Chrome Silver but am attracted to the presence that the Lemans Sunset has. I changed the order to Chrome Silver. CS was the first color I'd picked browsing the tiny-assed pictures on Nissan's website. Their webdesigners should be flogged for putting such tiny pictures online.

I also just noticed something, if you check out picture:

https://my350z.com/photos/sunset-small/vandyz003.htm

You'll notice that in the dark it actually looks more brown than bronze... hmm take one point away, I do not like brown cars.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:03 PM
wxtornado

Either choice is fine, just DON'T GET THE BRICKYARD!!!
Old 08-04-2002, 08:11 PM
rep15

Thanks tek. Another Sunset victory........
Old 08-04-2002, 08:25 PM
sunsetman

Pick Chrome or Silverstone if you like doing what everybody else is doing. Pick any other color if you want to be different

Sunset Touring 6MT, everything but NAV
Old 08-04-2002, 08:30 PM
rep15

Sunsetman, you aren't going to be drivng your LeMans Sunset round Redmond, are you? That's my territory!
Old 08-04-2002, 08:30 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Default Re: Hey Goober

Originally posted by olzilver
Your old car is gonna beat the sh*t out of you if it hears you talkin' about some sexy-colored new car. IMHO, the CS is a classic color.
Hmmmm.....now I am getting confused on the thread. I do agree with the chrome being a classic. There are only two colors that I really like on a sports car, that is why I picked the chrome too. I just like the 350Z enough to like all its colors.

Don't worry, though. I won't show up with any black eyes. My old car likes to point out those sexy new cars, unfortunately some of those cars can't distinguish being sexy and being a ****- so we just laugh!

Hey rep15, from one CM to another, again I'm sorry. I reread my post a few times and can see where it goes toward being insulting but definitely didn't try to even be sarcastic and insulting. No hard feelings. And again, as I said before Congratulations, but I know that you won't refer to her as a yellow-orange!

tek Good observation and great choice. You will love it for many years. Now to find out some truth on some rumors that may not allow me to keep it that long.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:35 PM
rep15

I must have been suffering from "pre-menstural puffiness" last night, Goober
Old 08-04-2002, 08:44 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

I think we all have been suffering from "Preorder Z syndrome" a little too so you really must be on the edge.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:25 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Welcome to another from the PNW

Originally posted by sunsetman
Pick Chrome or Silverstone if you like doing what everybody else is doing. Pick any other color if you want to be different

Sunset Touring 6MT, everything but NAV
Welcome to another from the greater seattle area, When did you order and where did you order from? What part of seattle are you from? There are not too many of us greater seattle people on this forum, but enough. I ordered the "boring" chrome silver, but it is the color I was first attracted to....I guess if I was to see all of the car colors on the cars before I ordered this one I may have picked a different color. The lemans never appealed to me, I think it is a young persons color, I amy be wrong...not that I am old. To each his own regarding color..the car will be beautiful and sexy no matter what color.......maybe when we finally all get our cars we can meet in person
Old 08-05-2002, 07:50 AM
ZON

Well, at least he didn't pick Daytona Blue.

NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO PICK DAYTONA!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 06:18 AM
tek

Default Heh pre-order blues Yah

Yeah, I'm definately sufffering from pre-order blues. I've come to grips with the Chrome Silver order and think it's for me. If I want flash, I ride the sport bike to work.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:04 AM
3rdpower

Default Re: Hmm

Originally posted by tek
[B]Sounds like the consensus is Chrome Silver, with a lot of prodding from the Lemans Sunset buying crowd :-)
FYI: It's more gold then brown - more like copper...
And that CL color was fugly... it was barfish colored. It had a lot of yellow and brown overtones.

Quick Reply: Lemans Sunset or Chrome Silver