Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Question..I might have to sell the Z = (..

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:03 AM
RanFerr_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question..I might have to sell the Z = (..

due to a family emergency i might have to sell the Z. There is 60% chance that it might have to go. Although i really don't want to sell it, my family means more than the car. If i sell the Z, what happens to the remainding balance? I Know i'll have to pay it but does the bank send the title to the buyer? What's the general process that i'm going to have to go through. Sorry for the noob questions, i've never had to do this before to any of my vehicles.

oh btw..how much should my Z go for 2005 Touring, all options including navi, roughly 35k miles.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:23 AM
blazed54

if you call your bank they can have the title ready for when you go in with the buyer. at that point, after paying off the remaining balance you can get the title, sign the lines transferring ownership, then you and the buyer need to take a trip down to the dmv to finalize.
Even if they mail it the title, it will come to you and you still need to go down to the dmv.

as for price the edmunds and kbb estimate is a good starting point but ultimately it comes down to the price of similar Z's in your area which you can check through cars.com and your local buy and sells. If you're in need to sell quickly be prepared to have to offer it at 1-2k below the competition.

because selling a car can take months, I would recommend posting your car for sale on craigslist, local newspaper, anywhere where it's free at at least the kbb price (maybe a little more if there aren't many Z's for sale in your area) and just see what people are willing to offer.

I recommend doing this because you're under no obligation to sell, but if it comes to the point where you need to sell it you'll already hopefully have some interested buyers lined up.. Hope this helps and i wish the best for your family
Old 10-14-2007, 07:33 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Fresno, CA should be a good place to sell a 350Z. Unlike a snow belt state, its a 4-season car. Demand for all vehicles, including sports cars, will be up in the spring.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM
AMart

Good luck with the emergency, btw.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Did you sell the Z?