Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 10:49 AM
ZON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry imsboi

I had originaly gone with PPW and Charcoal for my Touring. I had never seen the PPW on the Z for months, I had seen all the others from pic's and I did see the Glacier on the Maxima and was hoping, secretly, that it looked better on the Z. Finally a 350z was shown around the Bay Area Nissan dealers where I live. It was a Daytona Blue. It was raving. I knew I might have made a big mistake. I called my sales dude right away even though I knew it was too late. He knew of a December delivery order in PPW Touring that wanted the car in Sept. The only catch was convincing him to take it with Nav. He went for it. I now have his Dec. order with plenty of time to make changes to it. And then a few weeks later I decided to change the interior too Frost. I hope Frost looks good with the Blue, I think I'll do a thread about that, but I love those Frost pic's from before. OMG, now that Frost did look awesome in pic's of that PPW car!!! Oh jeez!!!
I don't regret the NAV or Touring or Aero!!
Old 08-06-2002, 04:24 PM
rai

I ordered the silverstone track, I wish it were a little darker. If I were doing it over today I would order the Blue it looks awesome. The one thing I still like about the silver/silverstone is that the door handles do not stand out as much.

I wish the track had a few NISMO parts like the wider tires and maybe the bigger spoiler. Also I wish I had not ordered the floor mats because it looks like NISMO has nicer mats.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Sabre

I was debating between the Daytona Blue and Silverstone. From the pictures I saw, I had to get the blue. After more Silverstone pics came out, I still think I made the right choice. Silverstone is nice, but I agree, it's too close to CS.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:47 PM
mdouvris

Default Hmmm..

I love the color I ordered. I still think the black is gonna be killer,but my wife wants silverstone and she is in charge around my house. End of color discussion. I am getting the performance. Im happy with that because it is the most I could afford. The only other thing I would have done is the Track. I may add the nismo body kit next year and possibly the chrome wheels(when I see them). The nismo add ons make the whole thing a lot more fun cause I can add more stuff as I get the cash! This is going to be an enjoyable ride!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 06:05 PM
mbeguy

Originally posted by rai
I wish the track had a few NISMO parts like the wider tires and maybe the bigger spoiler. Also I wish I had not ordered the floor mats because it looks like NISMO has nicer mats.
I think this quote hits on my only regrets. Having seen all of the awesome options listed on the japanese website, I wish I could get some of the things on my car as ordered. (I did not get floormats and I will get some from NISMO)

Particularly the side/rear viewing cameras.

I also would have wanted the stereo with all the graphics.

NOTE TO NISSAN: I ordered the base but the other models with the nav and other options hold no attraction for me...BUT I would have bought a more expensive model if it allowed the use of the cameras. I WANT that feature.

Aside: Does ANYONE know if I can get those cameras and a screen added to my model? I am serious about this, the answer may cause me to have a preference for leasing versus buying. (with the hope that a later year model Z will allow the option)

MBEGuy
Old 08-06-2002, 06:34 PM
ToddLuc

Zero regrets!
Old 08-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Jewelz350

No regrets other than maybe the floormats and trunk mat. Those NISMO ones look sweet! I agonized over the color choice (who didn't?) but am happy with the final decision.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:59 PM
LowFuel

For the most part I have no regrets. I have to admit I assumed the track model would have a tangible performance difference, but the magazine tests so far seem to indicate they're all about the same.
Still, I love the look of the rays, the aero kit, and the brembos, so even if there's no real performance benefit I'm still happy.

I do still wish I could have got burnt orange leather on it as well, but I'm going to do some aftermarket leather so it's not a big deal.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:37 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

No regrets now, but I soon regretted my original Base order. So within 4 weeks, I went back and changed my order to an Enthusiast. I may have moved more towards the back of the line (still no vin or estimated delivery date) but I would rather wait a few more months a get the car I want. As far as color is concerned, I picked the car, my wife picked the color. I questioned her choice of Daytona Blue until 1 millisecond after the first time I saw pictures of that color. Having now seen it in person, I LOVE DA BLUE. The one thing I still wonder about, is whether I should have paid the extra for the performance to get the 18 inch wheels. I don't really regret it though, because if I can change today -- and not change my delivery date, I would probably still stick with the Enthusiast, but I would give the Performance serious consideration.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:40 PM
goofyZ

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

went back and forth between cs and silverstone. sales guy said the broshure was silverstone not cs so I ordered it. picked up the phone to change the order two times, hung up both times. when the silverstone came out i loved it and was glad I kept silverstone.
Then I saw the blue, love it. wish I could change. but then again what will it look like years from now? so ...I don't know.

like the touring, but might have chosen burnt orange over black had I seen it first.

all this is splitting hairs cause I'm Psyched about this car!!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 08:25 PM
azmo

Just saw the new Z fest pics. The silverstone looks amazing. Now i think im definitely regretting my choics of CS. Any Canadian pre-orderers out there looking to switch from Silverstone/charcoal canadian performance to CS/frost performance. Willing to trade upon arrival.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:33 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No regrets about anything; glad I got a base so I can add all the NisModifications, though I do wish I had pre-ordered sooner than my June 8th date, as it has relegated me to an October delivery, although by the looks of things, it does not matter when you pre-ordered, since we all seem to be receiving our Zs in September and October anyway.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:29 AM
Samurai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No regrets !
Old 08-07-2002, 05:39 AM
Zspot

I ordered a Performance Silverstone....

I would not change the trim level. I think the Performance model offers the most bang for the buck.

Now I love the Silverstone, but damn the DB looks good. If I had to change my color it would be to Daytona Blue. I am happy with what ive got though.

To answer the question no regrets
Old 08-07-2002, 06:54 AM
In2Gems
Charter Member #42

Default Dreaming of Lemans and NAV

Ordered chrome silver Touring and still think the color will look
very clean and modern, and the door handles will blend!

BUT I love the Lemans, my first Z was burnt orange.

We didnt have the great pictures to preview (thanks to everyone here we do now) when when I placed my order so I didnt know if they would get this color right. I was also considering resale because I am considering the convert next year.

I am worried about the big hole in the dash.

The Nav should be able to be installed later????????

In2Gems
Old 08-07-2002, 07:42 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

No regrets. Delighted with the car. I like it more each time I see it. Haven't seen my color combination yet, but have heard that it looks great in person. More than a little frustrated by the mismanagement of information from NNA. If it hadn't been for this forum, I would have cancelled my order months ago.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No regrets as of today, but I'm wondering in a year or two if I'm going to regret getting the 5AT. I figure that I'm going to have plenty of time to drive manuals, and since I'm young, I'll have plenty more cars worthy of the 6-speed. But since finding out my VIN and having such a low VIN#, I'll probably keep the car a very long time - and this is why I might regret getting the auto. Oh well, decision is made, and I definitely thought long and hard about it, so I'll stick with it.
Old 08-08-2002, 01:43 AM
silvrz5

Regrets..............I have a few..........Although the final curtain....

I've lived ....... a life thats full............blah blah blah,blah