Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Any VIN cars chrome/frost/AT/touring?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 09:02 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any VIN cars chrome/frost/AT/touring?

Everyone please humour me. Are their any cars with VINS that are chrome silver, frost interior, touring with AT? Could it be the frost that is the hold up? Please anyone please help me with my quest for my VIN...nothing is making sense right now. Thank you again in advance , any information will be welcome.......looks like no one on this forum has taken delivery of their cars yet.BTW I am really excited for all of you with solid information, you must feel a sense of relief and closure of sorts. I will keep you posted if I hear anything about my car. I continue to not wait patiently.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:52 AM
marcZZZ

Default Please help

As it gets closer to friday, I hope we all get VINS, the cars arriving on the 12th should be in the computer by then hopefully. Anyone with frost interior have a vIN? Thanks again everyone
Old 08-07-2002, 06:54 AM
2003z

Marcie, can you email me @ imspud@bellsouth.net
Old 08-07-2002, 06:57 AM
3rdpower

Hey Marc... I just noticed your in Seattle area. Where did you order your Z from?
Old 08-07-2002, 07:05 AM
marcZZZ

Default Z order

Originally posted by 3rdpower
Hey Marc... I just noticed your in Seattle area. Where did you order your Z from?
3rdpower, from Nissan of Fife, downtown didn't have any data, Town & Country n.seattle wanted $5000.00 over MSRP, Lynnwood wanted $2000.00 over MSRP and renton didn't have any order info, bremerton wanted $3000.00 over MSRP this was 01/11/02. I'd love to see your Leman's when you take delivery, we need to keep all of us seattle folks posted. You have your VIN, right, didn't you order downtown?
Old 08-07-2002, 09:13 AM
InternetABYSS

CRAP I got Frost...I think it will be sweet but....MAN....This is not good.

I was told late aug early september. Then last I heard they said Well...I should be here by sept 15th...Next they will push it off even further.

I hope this is just a rumour and I get my car worse case scenario sept 15th.

I guess it takes more time to get the most unique interior of all the Z's....US MARKET ONLY FROST LEATHER BABY

I just hope they make a alumium center dash piece I dont like the black center shown in the pics.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:47 PM
azmo

It would be a shame but i wouldnt be surprised if the frost interior Z's dont get delivered til much later in the pre-order delivery months. I remember a post from ZISME stating that they chose to make the door panels and dash frost at a later time. At first only the seats were supposed to be frost. (not 100% sure)
I am assuming that its going to take longer to produce the additional frost colored parts. Therefore the frost Z's have been delayed. ZISME can you please confirm if majority of the frost Z's are going to be delivered at a later time or if this is just another rumour created by us (Z pre-orderers who have just about gone nuts with the waiting). Thanks
Old 08-08-2002, 07:35 AM
marcZZZ

Default Frost interior

This possible issue with the frost is even more irritating because my original order was for charcoal....but two days after ordering charcoal I changed my order to frost....this possibly stinks. Rxo or Zisme please help us out here.......I think nissan is going to **** off soooooo many customers with this kind of crap..and we did see the frost on the PPW car so whats the hold-up? I am seriously thinking I made a huge mistake ordering this car sight unseen. I did not have to go through this kind of crap when I BOUGHT MY 90 300zx, IT WAS THE FIRST YEAR FOR THAT CAR TOO.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:44 AM
azmo

I did exactly the same thing. Although i stayed with charcoal for apx. 2 weeks. I feel your frusteration.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:21 AM
marcZZZ

Default Thanks for support

AZMO thanks for the support, being a female, venting makes me feel better. I am sad that others are in the same boat, misery loves company...I will be very upset if I have to wait until october. six months on the inventory sheet is unacceptable. Our only hope is that nissan is reading this stuff and will get the lead out and fix it and be quick about it. This has taken the fun out of waitng for this car, people who ordered as late as 04/01 have their VINS, what is with that? I amy have to sell this car after I have it a few months and buy the convertible or a new and improved 2004, I really am beginning to geta really bad taste in my mouth regarding this car and this whole loooooong and trying experience. As I have stated previously this may be my last Z ever. Hopefully tomarrow will be a better day, car reports come out on friday again everyone keep your fingers crossed
Old 08-08-2002, 09:16 PM
InternetABYSS

WELL GUYS I GOT A VIN

And my cars coming on time. SOOOOOOO the Frost delay is BS.

Chrome Siver- Touring 6spd-Frost- NAV

(can't wait just 4 more weeks.)
Old 08-08-2002, 09:33 PM
InternetABYSS

Talking

Ohh I know man....im just happy this was BS because I was in the same boat as you....and I was scared as Sh@t about it.....

I thought you were right since I was told by a reliable source my car would come early sept and I should have my VIN by Aug 1st.

Guess what august 1st came and went. i was like CRAP this isnt good.

i read that no other frosts had VIN's and I was like NNNNOOOoooo not another delay. Which makes since because they changes the interior of the Frost last minute.

I am just very happy that the frost is coming down the assembly line no problem.

Does anyone have a hellicopter???? There is a boat in the pacific with some of my property I would like to get

PS GOOD COLOR CHOICE ON YOUR Z

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 08-08-2002 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2002, 07:17 AM
irishfan

Great - now we've got one car with Frost interior that they actually plan to deliver. I ordered 2/1, Chrome Silver Touring, 6speed, Frost, splash, kickplates, mats. What do I get for my early order? A "T" order number and a 10/31 plus or minus delivery date - thanks Nissan.
Old 08-09-2002, 07:21 AM
InternetABYSS

Irishfan......dont get that upset....i would be tick too though....

I got alot of special treatment for some reason. i bet they made sure i got it soon or I might light up all their phones in one day...LOL

KIDDING NISSAN
Old 08-09-2002, 07:26 AM
irishfan

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
Irishfan......dont get that upset....i would be tick too though....

I got alot of special treatment for some reason. i bet they made sure i got it soon or I might light up all their phones in one day...LOL

KIDDING NISSAN
With all the bridges you burned (according to your recent posts) who knows what exactly they plan to deliver to you - maybe they used yours for crash testing .
Old 08-09-2002, 07:38 AM
marcZZZ

Default A VIN FINALLY

Got home from work today and tomarrow is friday, I was dreading not hearing anything or worse hearing something that would upset me more than I already am. Low and behold..my email held a gem ..a VIN and a delivery date around sept7th. As you all know by now I have been on a quest for answers in regards to my preorder of 1/11. I am an "R" and all of the "S"s got theirs before me. I really appreciate all of the support from everyone while I was having a mini-meltdown. I too ordered chrome silver/frost, but with AT,mats and spashguards. Cannot wait to see and drive this car..........just another 4 weeks TOOOO LONG.