Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Earth Ground Kit on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 06:38 PM
z327

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earth Ground Kit on Ebay

Beware of some earth ground kits on Ebay. I think everyone will agree InSaNeAmine delivers a quality product. I have been selling a slightly different kit on Ebay for months. I went to a lot of trouble to even Dyno test mine. Unfortunately I posted on another forum a write up on the process and now another Ebayer is selling kits for half the price using my exact words. Stolen from the forum. This individual has emailed me after I ciontacted him, that he will change his ad but has not. This individual gives no indication on the number of cables, type of cable ends or quality of the cables.

You can buy with confidence from InSaNeAmine or z327 (Me). Be sure of what you are getting from others if you decide to buy on Ebay.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Boboshempy

Whats your price?
Old 05-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Cincyspecv

his is $75 the other guy's is $40.

If his kit really is different, then I would buy one of his then post the difference with a bunch of high resolution pics of the kit itself. You need to have great pictures to sell on ebay, especially if its something that costs $75. $75 isnt a big deal to me, but others might be wary of spending the money on a product they can't see.

Trust me, I know. Ebay is flying me down to Orlando, paying all expenses and giving me 2.2k to give private presentations on how to make their ebay ads more effective. I don't even have to reveal who I am on ebay to these people I am teaching. I am a decently high seller on there (15-30k, half is profit), and I have the best looking ads on there.

But then again I do think the grounding kit is overpriced. There can't be more than a half hour in labor on these things, and buy everything in bulk to get the costs to drop drastically.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:56 PM
z327

I post my kits at $65 with an instant buy of $75. One big item is I include free shipping to continental USA. I also include the bolts, flat washers, lock washers, a lock nut and three zip ties. The instructions are in color and very easy to follow.

Some sellers on Ebay make money on the shipping. Just look at the differences in shipping charges from one seller to another on the same item.

You can make a decent grounding kit by yourself using the DIY instructions on this or any other forum for close to $25. If you use high strand count OFC 4 guage wire like I do, it can be a good bit more.

The question is what is your time worth?
Do you have the tools to crimp a 4 gauge wire securely?

The important thing I wanted to point out is the seller priced at $40 does not have any pictures. Does not tell you if the kit is custom or universal. Does the kit use gold plated terminal ends? Does it use quality 4 gauge wire. And most important he stole all the words for his ad from a write up I did on another 350Z forum.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:35 PM
aggiez

Can you sell one to a 350Z member for 65 right now?
Old 05-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Cincyspecv

you might want to improve your pictures a bit as well.