Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ultimate Sports Car Challenge - Vote 56

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:42 AM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ultimate Sports Car Challenge - Vote 56

This post is probably only relevant to the readers and subscribers of Sport Compact Car (SCC) magazine, but hopefully its something that everyone here on this forum would be interested in supporting.

So it kinda goes like this… last week I received my July issue of SCC and began flipping through it that night. I saw that they had the entries for their annual Ultimate Street Car Challenge (USCC). I recalled last year’s challenge thinking that it would have been great to see how a 350Z would compare.

“Alright! Let’s see what type of 350Z’s made it to the list of entries.”- I though to myself as I began flipping through that section. To my dismay I found on one, and only one 350Z.

“Wait a minute… there’s gotta be a mistake.”, so I had to go through it a couple more times before I accepted it as fact. Out of 82 cars there are several Mustangs, a few Vipers, even a Geo Metro and more Hondas than you could shake a stick at, but alas…. only one 350Z.

But what a Z it is! Number 56 – James Chen (AKA: axis007) has quite a machine there; a 550HP beast! One truly worthy of being the champion of 350Z aficionados everywhere.

So for all you guys on this forum that get SCC let’s make sure that we vote for Car 56 as one of the cars for the USCC this year. Yeah, for the most part his car is beyond comparison to the mostly stock machines that we drive, but how cool would it be to have a 350Z take the USCC title it’s first year out?
Old 05-30-2003, 11:53 AM
DaveL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to have a 550HP upgrade in my beast. WOW, can't even imagine how my power I'd be holding in my hands.

Congratulations axis!
Old 05-30-2003, 01:20 PM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just out of curiosty, has anyone else on this forum tried to or knows of anyone who has submitted an application of their 350Z for the Sport Compact Car - Ultimate Sports Car Challenge?
Old 05-30-2003, 04:18 PM
jreiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm definitely planning on voting for the only 350z. My only worry is that it's got aftermarket forced induction. It seems as though the aftermarket FI cars inevitably run into problems at some point during the tests. They are just pushing those cars so hard, all that non-factory boost makes things break. It'd be nice to see a modded 350z that was still naturally aspirated. Suspension, air flow improvement, all that stuff... but still NA. Hopefully the 350z guy has the turbo kit set a bit conservative and has all the bugs worked out, because if there's a bug, these tests will find it.

But anyway, that being said, there are two other cars I'm definitely going to vote for:

1) The 1000hp/1000tq Viper (supercharged)
2) The Toyota Echo (aftermarket turbo)

I just can't help it. I would so absolutely love to see a heavily modded Toyota Echo put some smack down on some cars. The guy claims it'll beat a Camaro SS. (But beat it in *what*, he doesn't say.)

And damn, 1000 hp and 1000 ft-lbs of big, angry 9 liter V10 heavily modified Viper engine? Oooh yeah.