Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

test drove an 03 6spd today

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
jerry_2612

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Point taken, and I don't want to get into a heated arguement, but how you get the car is irrelevant. The only reason people get upset over the "my parents bought my Z" subject is becuase they themselves had to work their way to their first car/Z- and not have it given to them on a silver platter.

I've worked a crappy job for two years, slept four hours between 10 hour shifts, saved my money and worked my way to the top to afford a Z (expensive in oz) so yeh I agree it is a bit infuriating that a 17yo can snap their fingers and get such a nice car but there is no need for the attitude. I take satisfaction in knowing I've earn't mine and everyone else who is in the same boat should too.

Why not just ban Under 21s who had their Z given to them, they can't seem to get a break, at the end of the day they're still Z enthusiasts.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
aarantes

Its just the attitude they come in here with like they are better because mommy and daddy bought it and they didn't have to work for it(We all knoiw this isn't true)... I am in the same boat as you work non stop and go to college Im under 21 but I also know that if you come in here with a snobby attitude you are gonna get flamed. It is the same if you meet a cocky/snobby person in real life you make fun of them.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:41 PM
henry j

dont worry bro buncha old farts on this forum that need to get a life lol do the trade for the 03 but try and get yourself some extended warranty...
Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"its time to convince dad to let me trade ??"

Is this your car or your Daddys? I dont know, with a question like that, im not sure you're ready for stick
Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 AM
hhrt

considering its financed under his name its technically his car and guys i wasnt coming here to act all snobby or anything and when i got this car i didnt even ask for it... i woulda been happy with anything but i got the z so im even more happy with it
Old 11-07-2007, 11:15 AM
sleeperZ69

Shyt man, learn how to use grammer.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
SOZ

Originally Posted by sleeperZ69
Shyt man, learn how to use grammer.
Did you mean "grammar"?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:27 PM
mitsurs01

Originally Posted by Willie
You do realize that the 03 tranny is complete trash. If you are really going for a change look for a later model year (04.5 and up).
Ive had my z for about 7 months and so far no probs at all. i think the tranny issues are sporatic like with every manufacturer.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:28 PM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

oh my god you are so lucky i cant believe your dad is so nice to you it's always good to see a fine young gentleman such as yourself owning a z and being responsible with it because we all have heard too many stories about teenagers getting a 350z and then crashing and hurting themselves and potentially hurting other people as well which can be a real tragedy your dad must be really proud of you and i am sure you must have graduated from your high school with honors are you going to be going to college i bet you smoked your sats if you ever need any advice on college dont hesitate to ask on these forums as i have found that most everyone is really helpful and is never shy to lend a helping hand when it comes to difficult problems about the car i would say yes the 6 spd definately feels more sporty and is probably faster but sometimes faster isnt the only consideration you should make sometimes the 2003 manual transmissions ran into syncho problems and these are bad my manual transmission had to be replaced at 11000 miles because it became super notchy and ground every gear i was very worried about my car so you may want to consider this when trading for a 6 speed car other than that i am sure you will enjoy it a great deal just continue to be responsible and resist the urge to show off when you are in traffic you are only ever one slip away from disaster
Old 11-07-2007, 02:00 PM
reden

Damn, I had to wait until I was finished with college, finished paying my debts, consolidated my loans, then start my own small business before I could even afford one my dream cars, one of them being a Z! Now that I have it, I'm a very happy guy, and a little proud of myself. I know I could never ask my parents for a car over 3 grand, let alone a new one! God forbid a sports car haha...

It's crazy how some kids these days can have such cars at such young ages. When my kid/s are 16 and if they ask me for a sports car, I will punch them on the face, period. Little ***** have to earn it, and that's until they get out of their teens anyway. If they rebel, and tell me they're going to work hard and buy one, I'll punch them again. It would just be unacceptable and irresponsible as a parent to buy a sportscar for my kid/s.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:16 PM
hhrt

acctually im still in highschool and after i finish i plan to go to UTI in orlando which is a mechanics school

and i didnt even ask for this car... i was tricked into going into the dealership and had the salesman give me the key when i wasnt expecting it i would have been happy with any car at the time and i used to hate 350z's until i got one now i love it
Old 11-07-2007, 07:21 PM
CAYENNE2005

Tricked????? Into a Z? I'm not saying a word.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
oh my god you are so lucky i cant believe your dad is so nice to you it's always good to see a fine young gentleman such as yourself owning a z and being responsible with it because we all have heard too many stories about teenagers getting a 350z and then crashing and hurting themselves and potentially hurting other people as well which can be a real tragedy your dad must be really proud of you and i am sure you must have graduated from your high school with honors are you going to be going to college i bet you smoked your sats if you ever need any advice on college dont hesitate to ask on these forums as i have found that most everyone is really helpful and is never shy to lend a helping hand when it comes to difficult problems about the car i would say yes the 6 spd definately feels more sporty and is probably faster but sometimes faster isnt the only consideration you should make sometimes the 2003 manual transmissions ran into syncho problems and these are bad my manual transmission had to be replaced at 11000 miles because it became super notchy and ground every gear i was very worried about my car so you may want to consider this when trading for a 6 speed car other than that i am sure you will enjoy it a great deal just continue to be responsible and resist the urge to show off when you are in traffic you are only ever one slip away from disaster
Very subtle... Nice one, btw.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
ZMotegi53

6-speed is the best, lucky you and hopefully you get it
Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
iflyjets86

Originally Posted by hhrt
yea im not stupid buddy i would never drift on crowded intersections i dont need any girls phone numbers i have the only phone number i want and ill keep hers forever

awww mini DK is in love. how cute.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:14 AM
hhrt

Originally Posted by CAYENNE2005
Tricked????? Into a Z? I'm not saying a word.
not tricked into the z tricked into the dealership i didnt even know i was getting a car that day
Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Pinky Demon

So why trade for a manual? Yeah, it's an auto, but at least you can still shift it. Just be happy with what you got, no need to trade it.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM
eckeryi

Well atleast this board isn't the M3 boards. 16 and 17 yr olds are getting M3's
I thought that was insane
Old 11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Pinky Demon

^^^

16 and 17 year olds shouldn't have sports cars period. End of discussion.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:14 PM
TerraNova3

Originally Posted by Pinky Demon
^^^

16 and 17 year olds shouldn't have sports cars period. End of discussion.

If you can why not? If they crash it its their fault. People should do what they want.

Quick Reply: test drove an 03 6spd today