Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ridiculous Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 05:11 AM
TriX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RedComet
I didn't mean to start this thread as whining. I started it just to share what happened to me. Some people, including some of you say "Why do you care, its not your money?" are totally contradicting themselves. You hate on me then tell me not to care about money, as if I have no concept at all of what things cost. I will say it. MY PARENTS ARE RICH AND BOUGHT ME THE Z. Hell I know I don't deserve it, it was their choice to get it for me. As for getting a Civic, Matrix etc. Those cars are just not for me. I am vehemently anti-rice and I don't think I could survive owning one of those cars. Especially the Matrix, That thing looks riced out from the factory . I enjoy the 350Z community, overall everyone is pretty knowledgeable, kind, and welcoming. Its a shame some people have such an overwhelming amount of jealousy.

I don't use my car as a status symbol. I don't drive like crazy. Hell, I am conservative. I go 5 over max. This car is going to be with me for a long time. I don't want to hurt it.

As for my parents insurance, by reducing our deductible we have reduced my insurance. Thanks for commenting, many of you share the same feelings as me. Thank you for your advice. Hope to see you all at a meet sometime soon!
Now you said it. "MY PARENTS ARE RICH AND BOUGHT ME THE Z. Hell I know I don't deserve it, it was their choice to get it for me." At least you admit it.

Which is cool. I really didn't mean to be harsh in my previous post sorry it sounded like that.

I understand the coolness factor and the chick factor. Getting some is important no doubt. I just would have went with another car. I didn't say Civic or Matrix either you can still get a medium performance car. And I am against RICE as well hell I have a t-shirt NO RICE please. But putting new wheels on a car doesn't not rice make. If you get my drift.

Also try to understand this. You are 17 if you did a poll I bet you majority of the people that actually own Z on this forum is 25-35+ so no wonder they will scold you. Not only is your insurance high but you as a potential hazard are raising others insurance.

Its like being in 5th grade when the teacher catches you doing something bad but assigns homework to the entire class. The class doesn't really like you all that much do they?
Old 06-04-2003, 10:39 AM
RedComet

I don't think I will effect your insurance. Its based off age groups then based off of cars. IE, why all of your insurance's are a shitload lower than mine. Geographic location like the midwest helps too. **** Jersey.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:28 AM
tigerZ

Default crazy

being a kid and owning a z, you should deal with adult problems, such as high costs.. the cost of the car is the money involved in buying it and the cost of ownership, which in your case, is quite high..

you may get girls asking to see your car, but youll have to deal with the repercussions as well.

the smart ones here are those paying 1000/yr insurance with a nice car and solid financials
Old 06-04-2003, 02:50 PM
RedComet

Wha?
Old 06-04-2003, 03:48 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be very lucky to drive a new Z! You are definitely spoiled. I hope you dont wreck it! Your parents must be very rich! A smart parent would not allow a kid like yourself to drive a car like that. Its a life or death situation. When I was your age I thought I knew everything but not. Its just that the younger you are, the more careless you are.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:56 PM
RedComet

Every person is different, sounds like you were a bit cocky as a teen. I am not cocky as you can most likely tell. I know I don't know everything (yet ). I didn't start this thing to get flamed. If you don't like me having a Z then don't bother posting. I really don't care. I am spoiled, my parents are rich. I don't ask for much.

I wish some of you would just respect me for my intelligence and my maturity level rather than hating on me because of my age.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:13 PM
daking350
Banned

Default Insurance

Dude, you are 17....and drive a Z...When I was 17 I drove a beat up volvo and payed $2300 every 6 months in NJ...Now I am 29 and drive a Z and pay $1800 on "3" cars per year..My Z costs $970 per year full coverage....Besides you probably dont "pay" your own insurance anyway so stop "whining" and tell mommy and daddy to break out their fat checkbooks and pay your insurance too...No sympathy from me dude..sorry..
Old 06-04-2003, 05:42 PM
RedComet

Wow, this has just been proven to me that very few of you have any intelligence at all. Read my other posts before you post. This thread is getting ridiculous itself. VQracer, if you wouldn't mind locking it...
Old 06-04-2003, 10:01 PM
krazE

Wow, this has just been proven to me that very few of you have any intelligence at all. Read my other posts before you post. This thread is getting ridiculous itself. VQracer, if you wouldn't mind locking it...
It seems to me that you're also a bit snobbish. Your overall attitude. Furthermore, check your signature... finger salute, youngest Z owner huh? That sure isn't mature. I hope that you get a body guard that LIL BOW WOW's you.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:24 PM
daking350
Banned

You started this thread bragging about how mommy and daddy bought you a new z and now you cant believe how it costs $5000-8000 a year in insurance...If your parents got as much money as you think they do then $5000-8000 wont break them after just buying their baby boy a $36000 sports car...Let's get one thing straight "red comet"...No one here sympathizes with you or your parents for raising the rest of our insurance rates by giving an immature and unexperienced driver who calls himself "redcomet!!"IE:comets are fast right...but you drive responsibly..ok...A 287hp sports car and unleashing him on the Garden State Parkway..I wish I was a trooper with laser radar in your area....Better yet I wish I was your insurance broker$$$$$..So lets not cry and ask for this thread to be closed now..You started it now let everyone voice their opinions that "you"asked for....
Old 06-05-2003, 04:11 PM
RedComet

RedComet actually comes from an anime called Gundam. Something you obviously know nothing about. I took the name about 3-4 years ago on IRC (something you also probably don't know anything about), and it has just stuck! I wasn't bragging at all. Just grow up. You don't know if I am a good driver or not so why accuse me? Inexperienced? Yes. My reaction speed more than makes up for my inexperience though. You really have no idea who I am and what I am about. Accusing me to be reckless is really immature. Grow up.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:26 AM
TriX

RedComet actually comes from an anime called Gundam. Something you obviously know nothing about. I took the name about 3-4 years ago on IRC (something you also probably don't know anything about), and it has just stuck! I wasn't bragging at all. Just grow up. You don't know if I am a good driver or not so why accuse me? Inexperienced? Yes. My reaction speed more than makes up for my inexperience though. You really have no idea who I am and what I am about. Accusing me to be reckless is really immature. Grow up.
I heard of Gundam and use IRC on regular basis is that mean I am grown up?

Anyways I will disagree with you about 2 things insurance rates are directly influenced by cars and by the people driving them. Statistics are taken across the entire nation as well as state by state.

Florida isn't the cheapest insurance either I can tell you this. We are #2 next 2 New York with the worst drivers. I would probably pay half of what I paid if I still lived in Utah.

So maybe I mispoke that you raise my rates what I should have said is people like you raise my rates. Person in Miami that is 17 yr old with a Z will raise my rates period.

BTW your reaction speed is exactly what insurance companies are most afraid of hence the enourmous premiums.

Anyways it is what it is. As I said before no matter what others say its still your car and in your garage so why bother.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:34 AM
discocrisco8

I'm getting my Z next year, when I'm 16. Paying for it myself. My insurance will cost me $3076.00 annually, provided I have a 3.0+ GPA, and I don't get into any accidents. My insurance company is American Family Insurance, so check it out.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:28 PM
ZpikeZ

I'm 24, single, live in Jersey, and am paying $1,700 a year ... haha, SUCKERS! Go find a better insurance company. Later.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:52 PM
dutchZ

I pay only $397 every six months. That is of course Full Coverage.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:40 AM
BlueDragon350z

my insurance company here in dallas quoted me 6 grand a year, but i also have one speeding ticket and a wreck on there and am 19...
Old 07-15-2003, 08:28 AM
350zdanny

Comet -

If the car is in your parents name, they should just put you as a driver on the policy, not as the primary driver of the Z. That might help a little bit. Just because your parents are rich, that's no need to waste money. If you want to get rid of it that bad you can just give it to me!

I'm 21 with a pretty decent driving record - no accident claims, 1 ticket that cycled off my license but not my insurance yet - and I pay $2400/yr for my Z with full coverage and a $500 deductible. There should be no reason you have to pay $8000.

Beyond that I don't agree with anything you say.

You don't know if I am a good driver or not so why accuse me? Inexperienced? Yes. My reaction speed more than makes up for my inexperience though.
You're reaction speed may be what gets you in trouble because you don't know how to react yet because you are INEXPERIENCED. Experience is what makes a driver good. There is only so much you can learn about driving by reading and practicing for one year with your parents in the car. That is a fact and it is non-negotiable. Until you get some real time experience I don't respect the fact that you think you are a good driver, therefore you can come in here and act like you run this place with under 1 year of driving experience.

As a recommendation to all new drivers, I recommend you get the manual transmission Z, not the automatic. People say that the manual is one more thing for an inexperienced driver to worry about, but I see it as a catalyst for learning to drive better. It also requires a driver (at least in the beginning) to pay closer attention to the road. I'm a much better driver now due to the fact that I put so many miles on manual cars.

Just my .02. I'm sure I'll be flamed by the young one, but I hope he learns something from this post. That's all that matters.

Dan
Old 07-15-2003, 08:41 AM
havabooz

i didnt bother reading all the posts..but i read the first one and i am also a kid 17 and i live in NY /NJ (insurance is in NJ) and i pay 2000 a year..

hint...dont put it under your name...
Old 07-15-2003, 09:11 AM
350zdanny

If everyone is going to start quoting insurance prices, please remember to list your company, your coverage, your deductible, and whether you have any line discounts. Thanks.

Dan