Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Order with or buy later from Courtesy Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Sprint302

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order with or buy later from Courtesy Parts?

I'm about to place an order for my car on friday, and I'm wanting to add these options:

Floor Mats
Trunk Mat
Aluminum Kick Plates

It going to cost me about $60 more to order the car with these then to buy them from Courtesy Parts and install them myself.

Which is better? Factory shipped or added on from Courtesy Parts. Are Courtesy Parts the exact same quality parts as factory?

Thanks! Getting excited about my new Z!
Old 06-03-2003, 04:09 PM
RedComet

Courtesy Parts' parts, the ones you want, are the stock parts. I think they will cost more with shipping and such than if you get them from the dealer. Try to get the dealer to give them to you with the car. If you can't do that then I would say get them from the dealer and have no hassle. It is up to you to spend the money or to not.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:23 PM
whitetrack

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The optional mats and other parts are installed when the car arrives in the US, usually in N.J.

If you can't get the mats for free then at least try to get the dealer to give you his price for them. He should agree since he already made his money on the car.

When I negotiate for a car I don't include any options. Then when I have what I feel is the best price, I ask the dealer to give me the options at his cost. That usually works.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:27 PM
k2we

The mats are not installed at the dock.. When I picked up my car, the mats were rolled up, still sealed in plastic in the back of the car. The dealer unpacked them and put them in place while I watched. The car comes from japan with plastic covering all the floor and seat area. I'm still finding some plastic edges in places you really can't see..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY 9342 miles since Sept 17th...
Old 06-03-2003, 06:59 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Not that it would be a lot of money but if you buy them with the car you will pay tax on them. Buying on the Net is tax free but you end up paying S&H. Try doing a little math and see which is the least expensive.

Of course trying getting a deal along with the car first.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:21 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my kick plates from Courtesy before my Z arrived and installed them after I got the car home - this way I have the stock kick plates to put back on if I ever needed to - if they put the alum. kick plates on at the port you don't get the standard plates back, they keep them. Just a thought - I've bought alot from Courtesy and have never had a problem - good luck.