2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The Z is *STILL* pimp in the import crowd

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 05:53 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Z is *STILL* pimp in the import crowd

So this weekend I goto the beach.. and I realize how many tweaked out imports there are crusing around.. I thought.. wow.. maybe the world is a changing.. but second night there, I see there is an import car and truck show in town.. well that explains it.

Also.. this is June.. and I'm not sure if this is the same everywhere, but here.. the HS Seniors all goto the beach for a week after they graduate, etc.. so the month of June at the beach is packed with the under 21 crowd..

I live in a pretty affluent area.. so the Z gets barely any looks anymore. I mean.. BMW 3 series are as common as civics are in other areas. I can sit at a light and have 3 corvettes around me, etc. So going to the beach is a totally different place...

So I'm crusing around at the beach.. OMG! You think I was driving in a ferarri!! I mean.. literally.. I had girls HANGING out the windows of all tweaked out Eclipses and Hondas, etc yelling for me.. people jumpin and pointing on the street. I got more looks and twisted necks in one 30 min cruise then I've gotten in 8 months with the Z at home. THIS CAR IS PIMP when the girls riding in the imports hang out of the cars they are riding in to talk to you!

The one negative to the Z.. 2 seats! The main slow ride drag there is about 25 blocks and everyone rides the bus and it stops about every 2-3 blcoks.. so the bus stops are PACKED WITH Girls waiting for the bus.. with the Z.. max pack in of girls looking for a ride is only 2! Can't pick up a whole harem at once!

I just found it classic that all the fast and furious riders were floored with my bone stock exterior Z
Old 06-09-2003, 06:04 PM
r34 racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No doubting the Z's pimpaliciousness, but then again it isnt *that* hard to impress a bunch of 18 year old ricers.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:44 PM
wildone_106

Unhappy

you must be a brad pitt lookalike or something, I hardly get any looks from anyone under 55 in mine, I guess the women in Seattle are all stuck up *Hmpf*
Old 06-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Montez

I guess it depends on the crowd and were you are, I see them a dime a dozen now (Dallas area) the newness has sort of worn off to me and it doesnt get nearly as much attention as it use to and I am handsome and my wife is fine.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:17 PM
vice86

lol...im into the whole attention thing too...i love when my Z commands attention.

I wouldn't say a 3 series bimmer is an affluent car....anyone can have those these days....now a 2003 7 series...that is HOT and you gotta have the bucks to buy that shiznit.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:37 PM
synth19

LOL.. that is hilarious..........
Old 06-09-2003, 08:37 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Maybe I am wrong about this but I do not think girls are checking anyone out because they got a certain car. I see people checking out the car every now and then but if you think having a car is your game plan, try again. I know a lot might disagree with me but lets just turn it around for a second. If you saw a girl that looked like a war pig in a hot car, does that mean you have the hots for her now?

I live in southern calif. There is a lot of nice cars. Maybe it just takes more to impress here. Well, no matter what, I am 46 years old and I think you young guys will find out that at some point when you get over lets say about 35-40, you become invisible to girls. You know it is over when they call you "sir".

I got a Z because I wanted one. Actually, I really do not want people to like me more for my car. I dont need fake friends. I know who I am and me owning this car has nothing to do with me as a person. After all, it is simply a piece of metal.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Judge

word
Old 06-09-2003, 08:45 PM
dbpoet

Nice to hear from another geezer,just kidding. I'm 47 so when youngsters lokk I know they're checking out the Z not me. That's okay, my friends still like me for who I am, not because of what I drive. Although they all think the Z is hot.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Montez

Originally posted by zland
Maybe I am wrong about this but I do not think girls are checking anyone out because they got a certain car. I see people checking out the car every now and then but if you think having a car is your game plan, try again. I know a lot might disagree with me but lets just turn it around for a second. If you saw a girl that looked like a war pig in a hot car, does that mean you have the hots for her now?

I live in southern calif. There is a lot of nice cars. Maybe it just takes more to impress here. Well, no matter what, I am 46 years old and I think you young guys will find out that at some point when you get over lets say about 35-40, you become invisible to girls. You know it is over when they call you "sir".

I got a Z because I wanted one. Actually, I really do not want people to like me more for my car. I dont need fake friends. I know who I am and me owning this car has nothing to do with me as a person. After all, it is simply a piece of metal.
Could'nt have said it better, too many people buy cars to see what others would feel about them, bad.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:28 PM
brakedustZ

Originally posted by r34 racer
No doubting the Z's pimpaliciousness,

pimpaliciousness

if that's a word.... it can defiantately be used on the z