Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GAAAAAAA! Need serious help from Insurance people

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 10:55 PM
LA-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation GAAAAAAA! Need serious help from Insurance people

I just got off with progressive and they quoted me EIGHT FREAKING THOUSAND A YEAR! $8000. For Minimum coverage on Enthu. Model. I have had two speeding tickets (one almost three years and one two years ago) and one accident (two years ago). I obviously cannot afford this car if this is the lowest I can get. Anyone work in the insurance industry that can help me find a seriously lower rate???
Old 08-09-2002, 10:59 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GAAAAAAA! Need serious help from Insurance people

Originally posted by LA-Z
I just got off with progressive and they quoted me EIGHT FREAKING THOUSAND A YEAR! $8000. For Minimum coverage on Enthu. Model. I have had two speeding tickets (one almost three years and one two years ago) and one accident (two years ago). I obviously cannot afford this car if this is the lowest I can get. Anyone work in the insurance industry that can help me find a seriously lower rate???
I feel your pain, I was quated 5000 a year with no speeding tickets. I dont think Progressive is going to have my business once i get the Z. I think i will go with Nation wide. We will see, have not got a quote yet. I will let you know. But i do have progressive now so i do feel your pain.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Quadry

Hey guys,

Maybe I can help some. I am an insurance agent in Arkansas. I can help answer some questions about why it may be so high. Just let me know.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:06 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Originally posted by Quadry
Hey guys,

Maybe I can help some. I am an insurance agent in Arkansas. I can help answer some questions about why it may be so high. Just let me know.
So what would Full coverage be a year with

250comp
500coll

with no points
27yrs old
Old 08-09-2002, 11:10 PM
Quadry

All of the rates are different for different states. Almost every company now bases their rates on credit scores. This is why you usually have to give your social security number. By running credit scores, the insurance companies can come closer to predicting what kind of a risk you are. There is a significant relationship between low credit and more accidents.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:23 AM
LA-Z

Default pheew

>Well after a lot of searching I got a lot more reasonable rate, of 2500 a year, (**** progressive, freaking insurance *****). I also found out the legally they CANNOT rate you differently according to your credit report, they can however give you different payment options. At least this is what I was told. The one thing I have a problem with is the whole bait and switch mentality, they were like, yes that's the quote but we can't give you a final quote until we have a vin number...
Old 08-10-2002, 02:00 AM
LA-Z

No that makes sense. I am 26, and a lot of these problems, will go away in the next year. So I got to have to try and buck up until then.
Old 08-10-2002, 05:08 AM
InternetABYSS

Allstate insurance 350z fullcoverage = $93 monthly

Just a FYI If your in dallas ill give u my agent.

Im 29 no accidents no tickets (well atleast what the insurance sees)
In Texas you can get all the tickets you want you just gotta pay alot. NO POINT SYSTEM IN TX
Old 08-10-2002, 05:20 AM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by Quadry
This is why you usually have to give your social security number. By running credit scores, the insurance companies can come closer to predicting what kind of a risk you are.
So you can tell our driving risk by the products we buy and how well we pay things off? What about people that don't like to use credit for items, or people that pay things off right away? We all know their credit suffers because they don't show trends that can be tracked. Do they get bad insurance rates because they are good at managing their money, even though that doesn't show how good a driver they are?

It blows my mind every time I hear that insurance rates are tied to credit reports.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:06 AM
LA-Z

Guys, real quick to clear up misconceptions. Credit Reports DO NOT* have any affect on how much you pay per year, or points on your record, it WILL* affect the options you have to pay your premium. Meaning, bad credit, they may make you pay all at once, good credit, you can pay monthly. But you can say, I DON'T want you to pull my credit, and they legally can't (even if they do it's supposed to be a "soft hit" which means unlike applying for credit cards and getting denied it would affect your credit rating.) Anyway I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:37 AM
ICYBLUE1203

That is a lot. I'm getting charged $200 more to be added to my parents policy. I'm 17, so its pretty cheap to add a new sports car plus a teen driver. I also live in Los Angeles.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:55 AM
Aldous

Default allstate

i go with allstate also and i have a truck on my policy right now ... comes to about 240 every 6 mons... was quoted only going to 550 per 6 monthes with both on it... you should look into allstate
Old 08-10-2002, 08:03 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by ICYBLUE1203
That is a lot. I'm getting charged $200 more to be added to my parents policy. I'm 17, so its pretty cheap to add a new sports car plus a teen driver. I also live in Los Angeles.
I have a teenage son and the only way to keep it cheap is because the sports car will probably be in your parent's name since you are not 18 and you will be added to the cheapest car as the main driver.

I have a 2001 base mustang under my name at 550 per 6 months when I added my son and put him as the main driver of that car it went to 1750 per 6 months.

Quick Reply: GAAAAAAA! Need serious help from Insurance people