Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 03:59 AM
Samurai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Wheels !!!

I ordered the Perfomance model. I looked at the Track and said I don't need the brakes or custom wheels and I don't like the aero package. It was a no brainer. I went a saw a pre production car that was a Base model and really didn't like the painted wheels. The color of the wheels didn't match the chrome on the car (the door handles). The wheels were more of a silverstone color.

I had forgotten about this until I got my Road and Tack magazine which shows a Track model. I can't belive how good the wheels look on the Track model. They exatly match then design of the door handle and Z emblem. I want these wheels !

Are the 18" wheels I'm getting on my Performance model different than the ugly painted 17" wheels on the Bass model ? Will the production Performanace cars have diffference wheels ? Does anybody who is going to put on custom wheels want to sell me their Track wheels ? In retrospect, I would now have ordered a Track model.

Last edited by Samurai; 08-10-2002 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-10-2002, 05:57 AM
skooly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I completely disagree. I think the 17 inch wheels are surprisingly good looking. I like the fact that the 17" spoke design is not symetrical. The 18 inch wheels, while certainly gorgeous, look like a big asterisk. For the price of those 18 inch Rays, you could also get equally nice and probably better wheels in the aftermarket.

Are you saying this is ugly??
Attached Thumbnails Wheels !!!-0_2.jpg  
Old 08-10-2002, 06:55 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wheels !!!

[i]
the ugly painted 17" wheels on the Bass model ? [/B]
Comments like that can get you slapped upside the head in these parts.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:59 AM
Boomer

Default wHEELS

Originally posted by skooly
I completely disagree. I think the 17 inch wheels are surprisingly good looking. I like the fact that the 17" spoke design is not symetrical. The 18 inch wheels, while certainly gorgeous, look like a big asterisk. For the price of those 18 inch Rays, you could also get equally nice and probably better wheels in the aftermarket.

Are you saying this is ugly??
I like the 17s and have no plans to change them out after I get the car. I am buying the Z to drive, not profile. The 17s will be more comfortable on the long trips I intend to take in the car with my wife.

The Z will be my daily driver in all types of weather and the 17s should hold up better on salted and sanded roads. Also, I prefer 7 spoke wheels rather than 6 spoke; 7 is a lucky number for my cosmology. The asymetry mirrors nature, which is not symetrical.

Boomer--feeling esoteric.
BR/FR/AT
Old 08-10-2002, 07:02 AM
PistolPete

I haven't seen them up close, but in pics I like the looks of the 17" wheels better than the 18". The 7 spoke design is sweet. I also think an 18" is too large for the car, it doesn't proportion right to me.

Of course if the 18's were OZ superleggera's in carbon, that would look great, in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:09 AM
infinit

Default Courtesy Nissan

Appears Courtesy Nissan will have 18" Chrome Wheels available. There isn't a pic available at this time but you may wish to contact them if what they have planned is 'chromed 18" Rays' <shrug>... Might want to see if they may wish to special order a set of the stock 18" Rays as well, if that's what you're looking for....

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...ode=350Z-18RIM

Dennis
Club Z
http://www.ClubZ.org