Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Difference between Performance and enthusiast model?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Azzurri 350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between Performance and enthusiast model?

What are the main differences? I know price is one major factor.
Old 06-15-2003, 01:11 PM
toykilla

i went with performance model...main differences are:

performance:
18" wheels
VDC... vehicle dynamic control ....i thought i wouldnt need this but now i am glad i have it...keeps your *** planted to the ground especially on rainy days.
tire pressure monitors....i never use these but im sure they are handy when you think your tires are low

i think that is the only differences

i was talking to 2 dealerships when i got mine.. one was a white enthusiast, the other was a brickyard performance.

i paid the same for the performance as i would have for the enthusiast. this is because one dealership was willing to give me 1500 $ more for my trade in, thus making the cars equally priced
Old 06-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Azzurri 350z

Thanks
Old 06-15-2003, 08:15 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one other thing is the ability to have nav if that interests you, nav cant be added to the enthusiast, only to performance and up.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:54 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think everyone has touched on the major differences above. From someone who has purchased a Performance, here are some additional thoughts for you...
  • 18" Wheels - If you think you might upgrade your wheels, then this should not factor into your decision at all. The stock wheels look great, but are not worth the difference in price if you're going to swap 'em out.
  • Wheel Pressure Sensors - Nice feature, but again, if you are going to swap wheels don't factor this one either. What I have learned in my wheel quest and purchase is that is highly unlikely that the aftermarket wheels you buy will accomodate the factory tire pressure sensors.
  • VDC - More than a nice to have!!! This is added insurance. It is great not only for bad whether, but also for surprises like someone pulling out in front of you and so forth. Plus, if you want to get sideways, you can always cut it off!
  • Optional Nav - Many have argued you can add an aftermarket Nav, but I like the look and functionality of the factory one. If you want to get the Nav, you will have to jump up from the Enthusiast level.

So... for me, it came down to VDC and the Nav because I knew I would eventually upgrade the wheels. If you don't have to have these two things, I'd go enthusiast and save a few bucks (or maybe go enthusiast droptop instead! )
Old 06-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Azzurri 350z

The VDC is really the only thing that i really want, I'll have to check on price!