Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is My Car Cursed ??? Suggestion of Fighting Speeding Tix.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 06:59 PM
chaknchngo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Is My Car Cursed ??? Suggestion of Fighting Speeding Tix.

So last night at 10 pm I had to go pick up my girlfriend at Vegas. ( I live in So. Cali, that's 260 miles away from Vegas) I get 5 miles away from Vegas at 1:30 am (obviously speeding) and i see a cop on the dirt. So me and the car next to me taht was speeding slammed on the brake and passed the cop doing about 75-80 mph. I look on my rear view mirror and his lights turns on. Noticing that he was on the lane next to mine I was relieved...until the bastard comes right behind me at the last minute. So he says he clocked me doing 102, which I'm pretty sure I wasn't so I asked him to show me the radar gun. He denies me! I wasn't sure about the law in Nevada so I just gave him what he needed hoping he would let me go wit a warning. Wrong Bastard comes and puts me down for 102!!!! So I take off from where he gave me the ticket and complete the 5 miles and as I am getting off I notice 2 300zx in front of me. I guess there was something on the road, because something came up out of their car and BAM! right on my windshield. I get to the hotel and pick her up and I'm back home at 6:00 AM. OMFG what a night I just feel like my car is cursed ahhh!

Oh yeah anybody have any info's on fighting that ticket would be much appreciated. Since he didn't show me proof of request of the radar gun I am thinking about fighting the ticket.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Gaels22

I can tell you one thing, the cop doesn't have to show you the radar for him to charge you. Things that you can do is request full disclosure at teh court house when you file for trial on the ticket. Make sure that you request the officers radar certificate (this usually takes too long to get to you) so when you go to court you tell the judge that you were not given full disclosure as you were not provided with the officers certificate indicating he is authorized to use a radar. Also in the disclosure package you should get the radar calibration dates and the tuning fork serial numbers. There are so many angles to get off a speeding ticket but I would be writing a war and peace novel. Good luck.

Cheers
Old 06-16-2003, 09:27 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> Noticing that he was on the lane next to mine I was relieved...until the bastard comes right behind me at the last minute.

So I guess that means only one of you was using the passing lane properly? If it was you, you might want to mention that in court that the cop drives incorrectly!

>> So he says he clocked me doing 102, which I'm pretty sure I wasn't so I asked him to show me the radar gun. He denies me!

Mention that! It makes me suspicious, and chances are it will make a judge suspicious as well.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said there were other car right by yours?

Get a trial and question the cop. Ask cop how he deside who's speed he clocked your or that other car. There is NO WAY he can know that. Radar beam expands in conus of 30 degrees. So if pig was at least 100 yards from you, he had both lines and both directions in the beam. And also some desert around... Ask him did he sees that white (whatever) car right by you, and how it was flying, and then slam the brakes when see the cop...

Make a search by "fighting ticket", or better directly go to NMA website www.motorists.com
Old 06-17-2003, 09:02 PM
N74DV

I recently bought the "Legal Defense Kit" from NMA. WOW! It's packed with TONS of info on fighting tickets.

Because of NMA I am fighting my ticket and fully expect to win... check them out!
Old 06-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought it too. It well worths the money. I feel quite competent in a court room since then.