2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

le Mans Sunset owners. Neg. comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTtoZ
Orange is the best color to own in my opinion. It makes the car look more exotic espeically to people who dont know what a 350z is. Supercars come in orange

Reason why I say so is because my last car was just like Lemans Sunset, copper-ish Orange color and all I got were positive comments, and we are talking about a NEON.

Now with my Solar Orange, I get asked to roll down my windows and people are always like "What color is that??!?!"...

I say Orange and drive away. Next time someone asks I am going to say "its a metallic blue".
If oranges were blue would we call them blues? lol

I love orange on cars, especially Z's.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:07 PM
FLfinfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy down the street has one in your color. Has some extra body kit stuff and Nismo rims I think. Can't tell what year it is, but I think it looks good. Always caught my self staring at it. Never thought it looked bad.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:22 PM
1sikz31

Originally Posted by dieselmcore
LE MANS F T W W W !! nah, i chose the color cause its was the original 350Z concept color... and it was the original color on the 240ZX as well... yeaaa

240zx?
no such thing.
240sx maybe?
240z maybe?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 PM
xjongsangx80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It turns my head whenever it passes me by..even when I was in my Z.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:07 AM
boosted99gst

I went to a dealer over 2hrs away tp pick up LS Z. They were the only one that had one in the price range I was looking for. I always liked the color, but fell in love with it the day I waxed it. 350z's are a dime a dozen where I live, I see 2-3 of them a day just on my way to work. So I find it odd when people ask me what kind of car it is. I think it's the color as well as the eggshell (porsche) design. I've had countless compliments on the car in only a month of owning it, and am happy with my color decision thusfar. In the end, none of us should really care what others think about our color decision, it's our car. The day someone comes up and offers to buy me a car, will be the day I'll let someone else influence what color I choose.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:26 AM
03aeroZ

i drove about 4 hours away to pick mine up in 05. I called a local place that had one for sale, but when i called, it was sold. but, they did have an orange corvette and the dealer was trying like hell to see that vette to me instead. he even said "orange is orange right" but he didn't like when i said, "so can i have the same payments for the vette as the Z, since orange in orange?"
Old 03-29-2008, 10:30 AM
hoss4131

Originally Posted by 03aeroZ
i drove about 4 hours away to pick mine up in 05. I called a local place that had one for sale, but when i called, it was sold. but, they did have an orange corvette and the dealer was trying like hell to see that vette to me instead. he even said "orange is orange right" but he didn't like when i said, "so can i have the same payments for the vette as the Z, since orange in orange?"
the other week i saw two oarnge vettes going the opposite direction on the highway within 3 minutes of each other. one hardrop, the other rag top.

i turned my head for both because of the color, but neither had the appeal to me as my car does... call me an elitist. but LS Z's are just flat out sexy...
Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 AM
hoss4131

Originally Posted by boosted99gst
I went to a dealer over 2hrs away tp pick up LS Z. They were the only one that had one in the price range I was looking for. I always liked the color, but fell in love with it the day I waxed it. 350z's are a dime a dozen where I live, I see 2-3 of them a day just on my way to work. So I find it odd when people ask me what kind of car it is. I think it's the color as well as the eggshell (porsche) design. I've had countless compliments on the car in only a month of owning it, and am happy with my color decision thusfar. In the end, none of us should really care what others think about our color decision, it's our car. The day someone comes up and offers to buy me a car, will be the day I'll let someone else influence what color I choose.
my exgf can tell you, i shopped cars forever before i bought... i wanted a convertible so bad, and i never even considered the Z (the convertible lines never appealed to me, still dont...) but i test drove a Z one day and i was hooked. and i saw an oarnge one in the internet one day, and i fell in love... she didnt like it at all... but i was HOOKED. i saw it on a carmax page, and i watched it foerever. it bounced around at least 4 dealerships over a 3 month period. finally, when i was ready to buy a car the exact same one that had been reserved and then offered again was avilable yet again. i told her it was a sign from some higher being that the car needed to be mine... i have never regretted it. and she loves it too

i have actually gotten PM's from local people that have recognized it becauese of the color . i have seen very few others locally...
Old 03-29-2008, 09:49 PM
boosted99gst

I was actually ready to sign the papers on an evo, and backed out at the last second. never considered a Z. The numbers didn't add up for what I was looking for my payments to be, so i figured I'd back down and save a little more money. Trolling the internet brough me to fall in love with the Z just by reading about it, and as stated earlier, there's plenty of them where I live. I searched and found that a low mileage Z was more in my price range than a evo 9. I've been a mitsu enthusiast since I was old enough to legally drive (3 dsm's and a honda previously owned). I decided I could live with buying a Z despite it's aftermarket potential leaving much to be desired(Im done spending thousands on performance, so I say). I was sold on either white or black. I'd like to thank the random driver with a LM in town for influencing my decision. I seen this color in person for the first time making a turn on a local road. I've never been a fan of burnt orange until this color. My hunt began, and a few weeks later I'm a happy Z owner, who loves his color choice
Old 03-30-2008, 12:02 PM
anthone

Has anyone else noticed that every car on the road are either white or silver? Like 90% of the time, those are the colors you see on the streets. Having LS or another hot color really stands out in the crowd and it will definitely turn heads.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
zzrider

The color of a persons car is an individual preference. I have a silverstone Z and I'm sure many people think that is a bland and boring color. The important thing is that I like it. The same is true for all Z owners. As long as you like your color that is all that matters.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:01 AM
blazed54

i have yet to see one in person... maybe my dealership doesn't even carry that color? haha
Old 04-03-2008, 11:10 PM
VQ_Z

I chose this le mans sunset color because its considered to be rare and not too many people have them around my city =)
Old 04-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It reminds me of a color from the early 70's. But it's still a Z so egh who cares.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sick color!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Awesome color which changes depending on the light

Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 AM
VQ35DEchick

I love LS!! My BF's car up at the gap!

Last edited by VQ35DEchick; 04-04-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

^^ Awesome look on that Lemans.............chick
Old 04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

I had no choice; I just ran into this INCREDIBLE deal: '04 White Pearl Touring
Coupe; 13,201k on it, $22k, still with new-car scent!!! NO FEATHERING problem, flawless acceleration, two weeks on a tank-full. Though I would've
chosen Silverstone over WP, I keep getting compliments, so I've adapted
to it, no problemo! My son & daughter love it, too. My wife? No difference,
either way. --Old-timer from the AST zone. BTW, I love your le mans tangerine color!

Last edited by j.arnaldo; 04-06-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

old thread, but I've decided to stay with the Lemans Sunset color, I love it, got a fresh respray, love how the color looks different in certain light and angles.........

Quick Reply: le Mans Sunset owners. Neg. comments?