Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need help on preventing theft...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
pooked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on preventing theft...

hey fellas i need a ideas on how to prevent theft, one of my best friend works around my job and had a 2 din dvd player and his thing was jacked off his car even with the alarm that warns you when your car is being broken into and another friend got his actual car jacked well a honda civic they jacked the actual car alarm and all im sure anyone good can jack w/e they want but this is my question.

i bought a JVC KW-AVX800 2 din dvd player do you guys know where i can purchase and if it exists like a cover plate for it or something to prevent people from outside to see its there? Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:20 PM
henry j

get sum sick *** tints all around. problem solved
Old 02-09-2008, 07:29 PM
LaoSiFu

Originally Posted by henry j
get sum sick *** tints all around. problem solved
The flaw behind that is a theft will feel much safer getting in since nobody can see him from the outside.

~Robert
Old 02-09-2008, 07:39 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Most theft is the result of being dumb:

Parking in a movie theatre parking lot where a bunch of punks hang out.

Parking at club where a bunch of punks hang out.

Going to a party in a strange neighbourhood and parking on the street.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 PM
zonic03

Lo Jack
Old 02-09-2008, 08:09 PM
HDPDZO6

Park in a garage when at home, if possible.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't prevent a theft, more specifically a break in. You can deture but not prevent.

Anything you do to try to 'prevent' a break in, will only end up being a reactive measure and not pro active.

All you can do is get an alarm, try to deture and take precautions and hope the SOB runs away, when if your alarm goes off.

I guess precautions could be considerd proactive but bottom line is you can't stop it from happening.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

alarms are useless unless you have it hooked up with back up battery. pros can break the window, open the door, open the hood, and cut the battery before you say to yourself "is that my alarm" just knock on wood and pray that they wont jack it.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:40 PM
TheProfessional

Mount razor blades around your equipment, we do that here.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:31 PM
jerry_2612

Apparently there is some thing like a microfilm/camera thing-me-bop that takes pictures if there is movement within the car but the key is not in the ignition. Won't prevent it but will get some happy snaps. ill try google it and find it again.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:08 AM
kdyngus

If u try to prevent your headunit from being stolen mount it out of sight - 1 dim dvd player (console box or ) with LCD mounted in Instrument pocket. I don't think there is any stock 'cover' for your 2dim headunit - look for a customized one

If u are looking for a way to prevent your car from beeing stolen - there is never a 100% way to secure your car. That might sound crazy [you would undesrtand me if you would live where I came from ] but I am using a set of anti-theft systems: i replaced stock immo and anti-theft system with custom one, I have anti-kidnapping system with hidden fingerprint scanner, GPS tracking and hidden cut off switch. Works so far
Old 02-10-2008, 04:26 AM
banshee

Originally Posted by pooked
hey fellas i need a ideas on how to prevent theft, one of my best friend works around my job and had a 2 din dvd player and his thing was jacked off his car even with the alarm that warns you when your car is being broken into and another friend got his actual car jacked well a honda civic they jacked the actual car alarm and all im sure anyone good can jack w/e they want but this is my question.
Word count: 81
Punctuation: 2

Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

carefull of inside jobs, if a shop put in the alarm an knew he had the stereo, that is a possible susspect.

when possible, pay cash and use a parents address or po box so they can't get your car later.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:39 AM
pooked

well im getting the unit installed with my turbo at Japtrix so i trust those guys %100, but thing is at work in this parking lot we've had the directors car broken into, and cleaned while parked directly in front of the store plus 2 cars jacked across the street. Also another 2 on our parking lot thankfully my Z and my friends Z weren't touched, like alot have said here i know we can't prevent it only deture the petty thiefs. But wha i think would help is like a cover for the 2din player know if that exists, and man w/ turbo install along with other **** its costing me an arm n a leg, and some. lol trying to not spend anymore specially on lo jack n such but, again thanks guys for all the replies.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:38 AM
z32 Outlaw Z

i remember seeing a member on here that had a kenwood screen in his Z, and he took the face/cover of his stock headunit and fabricated it so it would fit over the aftermarket kenwood screen. Kind of like a theft deterent so it looked like he had a stock headunit when parked or left alone.

Anyone subcribe to that thread? i tried looking for it myself, but failed.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:41 AM
pooked

i was thinking of something similar to that? ahh that would work perfectly, i'l try to search as well if anyone knows a method similar, or finds the original post please let me know. Also if anyone could make one like that im willing to pay thanks.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:57 AM
2007 Z

Get a house that is surrounded with neighbors who are police and always have their patrol cars in their driveways, like me. They guy right across the street from me and his wife aren't even patrol officers but they each drive a squad car home. The guy is a helicopter pilot for our county and his wife does forensics for the county. I do have a county highway patrolman 2 doors down though. The guy behind me is a fireman and there are several other police/fireman that live in the subdivision. Anyway, it's always quiet around here and I have a garage. Plus, having friends like that has it's benefits as well.

Get a beater for work, or work in a nicer area of town. Nothing is going to stop someone 100% of the time. Some people simply do not care about going to jail.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:03 AM
jcleary47

I've always had one of those alarms that tell you when your car is being fiddled with. I'd imagine if you have one that is sensitive enough, it might give you time to get out to your car while the moron is still trying to break in or is still inside it. I guess the key to that would be have it so an audio alarm doesn't actually go off on your car, just the notification that you get on your keychain.

Fortunately I've never had someone try to break into one of my vehicles, but if they were to and my keychain went off, that is when I'd be most thankful that I have a carry and conceal license.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
SA Z-boi

Yes it is true theft will always be out there. Dont worry about the little things like a $400 screen, i would be worried about them taking the entire car and you finding the shell abandoned. The best thing to do is install a kill switch but hide it good. Tint all your window, they wont be able to see your screen through the front windsheld.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:18 PM
stev3

gps alarm system

what this does is once the car is broken into, you get a text message or call to your phone or a message on your computer and a signal follows it, but i think you have to pay monthly membership so they can always keep a signal on your car.

or

get all these ---->2 way alarm, lo_jack, and have like 2 - 4 killswitches

but all these that i recommended just prevent car thief (car from being driven away and scaring the thief away)

now your dvd player, i have no clue how you can prevent that, best way is tint, so they can't see into it

Quick Reply: Need help on preventing theft...