Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Invision Performance- Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:42 AM
DJMatrix1067

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invision Performance- Review

I wanted to review my latest experience with Invision350Z.com. This has been one of the worst internet buying experiences I have ever dealt with. I didn't want to give them negative feedback on here, but the way this is being handled is absolutely amature compared to any other shop out there.

Here is the timeline of events.

I placed my order for Endless Vita Nuova brake pads (Front and Rear sets) on Sunday, January 20th. I expected that since the brake pads were in stock they would ship out on Monday (hopefully) or tuesday at the latest, and arrive in around monday or tuesday of then next week (January 25 or 26.)

Instead, the brake pads didnt arrive until February 5th. (UPS only takes 5-7 business days, so they sat on the order for a while.) That can be forgiven though. I delayed the delivery because they sent the package as signature only and I wasnt home during the day to sign. I'm glad they sent it signature only, but i wish they would have told me that so i could have made arrangement to get the pads.

I didnt actually take delivery of these brake pads until February 12th. Opened up the box and it has been beat to ****. Open up the rear pads, everything is fine. Open up the front pads, and one of them has a 1 inch chunk that has chipped off. looks more like an error in manufacturing than anything else. needless to say, I call invision immediately. Now at this point I'm pissed. It's already been 3 weeks since I placed my order.

Call them, and I get Louis (manager) who tells me its not a problem that they will go ahead and cross ship the pads. They requested i take a picture of the cracked pad. I was upset about the whole thing, and it was a hassle to get a picture of it, but in the end, I sent him the picture of the cracked pad on February 14th 2008. They told me that they would send the new pads that day. (Friday February 14th.)

Well, I got the return shipping label but have been waiting to make sure I get the new set of pads in before I go ahead and ship the old ones back. Louis told me that a driver would come by to check the status of the broken order on monday the 17th. No driver ever came by (i work from home now so i was here all day). I expected the pads to come in on the 21st (since that would be 5 business days.)

I was waiting all week, no pads on friday. I call Invision on friday, and no one answers the phone all day. Called 5 times.

Monday the 24th rolls around, no pads. At the end of the afternoon, I call again and get told that the pads will be shipping out tomorrow (the 25th). I ask why they hadnt shipped out on the 15th as promised, and he offered no response, that he didnt know and Louis was out of the office. I ask to leave a message, and he says to call back when Louis is back. I ask when he will be back and he says "Uh, I don't really know. could be in an hour, or it may not be till tomorrow."

Im starting to loose my patience. It has now been over 5 weeks since the initial order was placed. I have rear pads that are fine, and front cracked pads that are boxed and ready to be shipped. No sign of new front pads. I tried calling invision again today and they are not answering the phones. I don't know what more to do. I am SO pissed right now.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM
spracked

Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. They should of overnighted the pads instead of snail mailing them again because their @ fault. Hope you get this resolved.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 AM
The Captain

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. They should of overnighted the pads instead of snail mailing them again because their @ fault. Hope you get this resolved.
Agreed. After something takes this long and it is the dealers fault, they need to suck it up and dish out a little money for better shipping. Of course, if they'd like to continue with their current QA system, I'm sure business will be booming.

Sucks to hear, hopefully it gets resolved quickly.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 AM
SRTtoZ

Won't buy from them.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:57 AM
DJShan209

Originally Posted by SRTtoZ
Won't buy from them.

Thanks for the heads up.
You shouldn't buy from them becase of ONE person who had a problem with them. I've dealt with Louis and invision 3-4 and had no problems
what so ever. Great people if you ask me. Sorry about what happend to OP
im sure theres an explanation for it. GL
Old 02-27-2008, 10:07 AM
SRTtoZ

^^

What im saying is I prefer to pay slighty more for A+ customer service and from this story there was very shotty Customer service. If someone like me doesnt go and buy from them (and others), then a company can get away with mistakes like this all the time.

One example is Newegg.com. They have hands down some of the best customer service ever. They never get an item wrong/broken and if you ever do, they will overnight you a replacement peice. I will gladly pay more for their customer service.

I have in the past dealt with really crappy businesses so someone like the OP is great when it comes to revealing their mistakes.

This could have been resolved easily, and his time is def worth something...which he has wasted a ton of.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Hella

Originally Posted by DJShan209
You shouldn't buy from them becase of ONE person who had a problem with them. I've dealt with Louis and invision 3-4 and had no problems
what so ever. Great people if you ask me. Sorry about what happend to OP
im sure theres an explanation for it. GL
actually one shitty experience IS enough......since there are others who have NO negative feedback......and some with ONLY positive feedback.

One is too many IMO. Especially with the amount of vendors we have to choose from.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:09 PM
DJShan209

Originally Posted by SRTtoZ
^^

What im saying is I prefer to pay slighty more for A+ customer service and from this story there was very shotty Customer service. If someone like me doesnt go and buy from them (and others), then a company can get away with mistakes like this all the time.

One example is Newegg.com. They have hands down some of the best customer service ever. They never get an item wrong/broken and if you ever do, they will overnight you a replacement peice. I will gladly pay more for their customer service.

I have in the past dealt with really crappy businesses so someone like the OP is great when it comes to revealing their mistakes.

This could have been resolved easily, and his time is def worth something...which he has wasted a ton of.
Yes i definetly agree with what you have to say, it's just that they really are a good place but i mean everyone has their own opinions
Old 02-27-2008, 12:13 PM
DJShan209

Originally Posted by Hella
actually one shitty experience IS enough......since there are others who have NO negative feedback......and some with ONLY positive feedback.

One is too many IMO. Especially with the amount of vendors we have to choose from.
Invision 350z (Louis) has 85 postive feedback. Not one negative. This is the only thread ive seen that said they've had a problem with him.Theres people who bash big names all the time even though the reality of it is it coudlve been on their part and we don't know the whole story. Im just saying because one person said they got there ordered messed up doesnt mean you shouldnt buy from them. Also he did take everything back with no problem but yeah don't want to start an argument or take this any farther so with that said ill end here
Old 02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
DJMatrix1067

well they did to upgrade my pads to priority which i took advantage of. and thats all well and good, but at the same time, what good is priority mail if they dont get around to shipping the new pads out several weeks after when they said they would.

and my review was not meant to discourage other customers, i just want people to be aware of the level of customer service i received. im sure most of the time they are fine, but if i had the choice of going to another vendor i would.

Let me put it this way, i will never order another part from them again. This could have been overlooked many time if they had just made it right the first time.

okay cracked pads, ship out new ones immediately, im happy. I can overlook the fact that they crack, mistakes happen. I can overlook them making me take pics of the cracked pads, if it means i get service faster then lets do it. i can even overlook them waiting a few days after when they said to ship. but to wait almost 2 weeks after when they said they would to ship, plus not answer the phones...theres something wrong with that.

And I did inform Louis that i would be posting this review of my experience. (if that matters)
Old 02-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Shadrackc

Good for you. I agree with you 100%. When people are treated wrong by a company who relies on customer service and sales, then people should speak up.
I just wrote off a dentist today and made it clear I wanted my files shipped to another dentist. Why? Because there was an insurance screw up and his staff didn't check on things when they should have. Then when it can't be figured out, he starts whining in front of his staff about the fact he had 2 hours booked. Yes, it sucks, but I didn't do anything, so why is he whining to me in front of his staff like it is my fault. Anyways, after 2 emails get ignored, I inform them that I want my file, tell them why, and inform him that being in sales, I know things screw up. But I have never ever blamed a customer in front of my staff. Quickest way to lose a customer. He had no argument and hopefully learned from the experience.
Glad to hear you speak up as you have spent your money and don't have the product. There is no excuse for them not making right with you right away. When we screw up, we eat the inconvenience and keep the future spending customer.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:03 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe I bought lug nuts from Invision and I had a great experience. Requested the lugs be sent USPS vs. UPS and got them in 2 days versus 7.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Shadrackc

One thing you have to remember in the service industry....you are only as good as your last f'k up.