2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Northeast 350Z owners PLEASE look here

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 01:54 AM
FrankieZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ferrari Challenge

Rouxeny ,
They're 360 Modenas . They're all identical , except painted differently .It's not Formula 1 , but there is passing and they do get them up to speed. Watch for Dr. Steve Earle . He was outstanding up at the Canadian Gran Prix . When my wife and I were up there , they were a support race for the Formula 1 cars . When you see them in the flesh and not on tv , it is fun . I saw them there three weeks ago and it was enjoyable ! You'll like it . Lime Rock is a smaller track and tighter , so the action may not be as fast as I saw in Canada , but it will be good ! Have fun all. Wish I was coming .By the way , it was SportZMagazine that I sent the article in about the NH Meet ( not speed ) . I also included , Vic , a writeup on your upcoming Conn. Meet . So look for it in the next issue if you get it . Then send in a writeup with a picture of the Conn. Meet. Vic , if you need their address , web or hardcopy , just e-mail me .Have a good one and looking forward to seeing you all soon !

Frank
Old 07-03-2003, 03:44 AM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frankie, I got a call from Sport Z Magazine on Tuesday night and spoke to them for about 20 minutes. The got my name and number from one of the members of zchickz.com that I spoke to last week.

They are 50/50 about coming. This person is supposed to start a thread in the Northeast Region if he decides to come as he would like if someone that is coming solo would allow him to ride with them. We should know more in the next couple of days.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:06 AM
Cyase

hi all,
Was wondering if a person without a 350z can come and look at all your wonderful cars. This person is wanting to buy one but is opting to wait till October to see how the new supra is. Will this person be laughed at while driving in and taking pics of your car? <sniffles>
Well, just a thought.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:29 AM
vics350

Originally posted by Cyase
hi all,
Was wondering if a person without a 350z can come and look at all your wonderful cars. This person is wanting to buy one but is opting to wait till October to see how the new supra is. Will this person be laughed at while driving in and taking pics of your car? <sniffles>
Well, just a thought.
You're absolutely welcome to come. I've only been tracking the 350Z's and G35's coming but I am aware of at least 10 people with other types of cars coming that just want to hang out with us. That is not a problem.

When I went to the NH meet in April, there was a guy in a VW from Connnecticut that drove up with us because he was also interested in buying a Z and wanted to check them out.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:10 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Victor and Andrew

Vic ,

That's terrific ! Let's hope he makes it ! By the way there are pictures of Paul Gasparola's Z ( the Brickyard ) that came with us on April 19th in this months issue . Take care !

FrankieZZ

Rouxeny ,
Andrew I forgot to mention that the Ferrari Challenge is a series of races that goes from track to track trying for overall points .You will enjoy it !

FrankieZZ

Last edited by FrankieZZ; 07-03-2003 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eMan (Ethan) has contacted me about Walkie Talkies (FRSs ) and assignment of frequencies for the MA/NH caravan, as a means of communicating with each other. Since he has a clue what he is doing and I don't, I asked him to set up some assignments for each Caravan as well as one for CT people and one for anyone else that is coming to the meet from out of state (ie Canada, PA, FL, etc). Everyone should be able to access each assignment but I thought breaking them down a little might help the "traffic" on them. Here they are:

MA/NH Caravan: Channel 6, Code 17 (462.6875 MHz - 118.8 Hz)
NY Caravan: Channel 5, Code 21 (462.6625 MHz- 136.5 Hz)
NJ Caravan: Channel 7, Code 24 (462.7125 MHz - 151.4 Hz)
CT People: Channel 8, Code 27 (467.5625 MHz - 167.9 Hz)
Other (ie FL, PA, Canada, etc): Channel 4, Code 13 (462.6375 MHz - 103.5 Hz)

Pretty much any FRSs should work as long as it's a Motorola based design. You can pick them up pretty cheap (~$25 for a pair) and the range should be good for ~2 miles in a straight line. BTW I will be posting this same info in each thread so that everyone has the same information. I hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:39 PM
MacGuru

Hey ZGirl. Yes, Karen is coming. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and all the new Z mods. I'm praying for you Wayne. This meet will really be a great time. Cheers. -m
Old 07-03-2003, 05:40 PM
vics350

Default !!! Major LOCATION Change to July 12th CT Meet - Everyone coming PLEASE READ!!!

Due to the large number of attendees, we've had to change the location for the morning meet. It will NOT be at Hubbard Park in Meriden.

The new location is:
Park & Ride Lot
Industrial Park Road
Middletown, Connecticut

The parking lot at Hubbard Park in Meriden could only hold about 100 cars and we may top this. This would have created major havoc. This new location will hold up to 250 cars!

This new location is not too far from Meriden so it should not affect the travel time for people coming. Direction is as follows:

From ROUTE 91 NORTH
Take Exit 21 (Route 372 Cromwell/Berlin Exit)
Turn right at light
At next light (Super 8 on left) turn left
The lot will be about 1/4 mile on left just after the McDonald's

From ROUTE 91 SOUTH
Go straight past light

I apologize for this last minute change but it was a MUST to ensure a more comfortable atmosphere.

Please spread the word to anyone you may know that is planning to come.

Because we do expect some stragglers to still go to Hubbard Park, we will have someone there to re-direct them to the new location.

Thanks for your understanding.
Vic
Old 07-03-2003, 06:14 PM
edubbzzz

Default FRS radios!!!

Where can i buy a set gimme a link or a department store where i can find a set!!!

Thanks!

GOOD IDEA!!!

Erich
Old 07-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by MacGuru
I'm praying for you Wayne.
Geez, I had to reread the entire thread because I thought Wayne had gotten into an accident or something. If your prayers are about hearing a Borla exhaust, mine is going on this Monday so you will definitely be able to hear what it zounds like.
Originally posted by edubbzzz
Where can i buy a set gimme a link or a department store where i can find a set!!!
Erich
I bought my set at CompUSA for $29.95 plus they had a $20 "I'll bet you'll lose the receipt or just forget about sending it in" rebate. I fell into the "forget about sending it in" category . Bestbuy or Costco usually have pretty good deals, but if I find something good I'll post it. Remember that only half the people need them as they are usually sold in sets of two so even if you don't get a set, chances are someone else will have an extra one.
Originally posted by vics350
Due to the large number of attendees, we've had to change the location for the morning meet. It will NOT be at Hubbard Park in Meriden.
Anyone want to buy a couple of hundred I attended the World's Largest Gathering of 350Zs and G35s at Hubbard Park T-shirts?

Last edited by Anyone2u; 07-03-2003 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:12 PM
MacGuru

Sorry for the confusion. I'd like to see Wayne get them on in time. I'm very interested in hearing and seeing the Borla's in person. I look forward to seeing all the cars... although judging by the # of Z's this may take some time. -m
Old 07-03-2003, 08:45 PM
rouxeny

Hey, I'll take one of those shirts! Well, nobody that has been involved in the planning of this meet ever expected that it would grow so large. I seriously thought that maybe we'd get 25-35 cars. Hubbard Park is a great location, but it's not going to fit 100 cars very well. It would be very very tight. This new location may not be quite as scenic, but it'll give us room to spread out.

We apologize for the last minute change in plans. If you know of somebody planning to come to the meet who doesn't check this (or any other Z board) frequently, please try to contact them with the new information.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:48 PM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

mac, coz at concept z shipped out today, so it may arrive on friday, if thats the case, i'll get it installed right away, so you'll hear it on saturday.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:43 AM
vics350

Default Re: !!! Major LOCATION Change to July 12th CT Meet - Everyone coming PLEASE READ!!!

The new location is:
Park & Ride Lot
Industrial Park Road
Middletown, Connecticut

The parking lot at Hubbard Park in Meriden could only hold about 100 cars and we may top this. This would have created major havoc. This new location will hold up to 250 cars!

This new location is not too far from Meriden so it should not affect the travel time for people coming. Direction is as follows:

From ROUTE 91 NORTH
Turn right at light
At next light (Super 8 on left) turn left

From ROUTE 91 SOUTH
Go straight past light

I apologize for this last minute change but it was a MUST to ensure a more comfortable atmosphere.

Please spread the word to anyone you may know that is planning to come.

Because we do expect some stragglers to still go to Hubbard Park, we will have someone there to re-direct them to the new location.

Thanks for your understanding.
Vic
Old 07-04-2003, 02:57 PM
SPAZ

I'm interested in attending though my GF thinks it's strange to meet people who have similar cars. Go figure!
Old 07-04-2003, 04:21 PM
vics350

Originally posted by SPAZ
I'm interested in attending though my GF thinks it's strange to meet people who have similar cars. Go figure!
Come on up. My wife thinks I'm crazy also but she knew I was a car fanatic before we got married. She can't understand how I can talk for hours about cars with people that have the same car I do. She doesn't understand car enthusiasm.

Bring your G/F with you. She'll realize that it's not just about the cars, it's also about the people you meet and the Z community has a great group of people.

Come and find out.

If you decide to come, try to get to the rest stop on Exit 22 on Route 95 North in Connecticut between 8:00 and 8:30 AM. The NY caravan plus a host of other cars will be meeting there and then at 8:30 AM they will all drive up together. That cruise alone should be awesome.

Let me know if you will come so that I can add you to our list.
Vic
Old 07-06-2003, 04:33 PM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

count down, 5 days 12 hours

i'm so excited.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:56 PM
vics350

Originally posted by mysteriumZ
count down, 5 days 12 hours

i'm so excited.
Me too!!!

I hope to get my wheels mounted tomorrow and I've got quite a few last minute details to wrap up. Remember, that the attention to detail is what makes a meet good.

I'm actually going to take Thursday and Friday as vacation days to make sure everything is set for Saturday. I can't wait for the meet t-shirts that neuf350z designed. That t-shirt to me is going to make this meet look so professional.

See you Saturday.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:17 PM
edubbzzz

Default t-shirts

I hope i get one of those, i cant wait i actually fought with my boss and took on extra work this week just so i can come to this meet, cant wait the drive should be fun too, havent driven that far in my Z yet!!!

Cant wait to meet all on sat!

Ohhh, and last minute mods are DVD/CD/CDR/DVDR/CDRW/MP3 player flip out screen and clearcorners amber LEDS FOR MY BABY!!!

CANT WAIT "Z YAA ON ZATURDAY!!

Erich
Old 07-10-2003, 05:26 AM
j's350z

Default Parts, Parts, amd more Parts!

I justed wanted to post this on the different threads so you may see it more than once.
Please email me if you are interested in purchasing any of these parts, don't forget to hit the mac machine..... Most of this should be at my door Friday coming in from C.A. so hopefully it arrives..
First of all, I will be showing for the first time the new intake plenum.
here is what I'll have to sell;

Cat replacement pipes
Y-pipes
Midpipes
Cold Air Intakes
Camber & Tration Rods
Zenon HID kits to upgrade base (7K)
Momo and Sparco shift *****
+ maybe more( lets see what I can fit)

And we will be putting people on the waiting list for,
Intake Manifold(plenum)
Full equal length headers
Perfect Power smt6 piggy back computer
Most likely I will be setup under a small tent so you will be able to find me and see the products!

Hope to see you there and drive safe!!!
Jays350z@aol.com

Quick Reply: Northeast 350Z owners PLEASE look here