Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:45 PM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^i'll try that
Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
jcleary47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea this has happened at different pumps with different cars.

Another thing that pisses me off is all the gas stations around here removed the clips from the nozzle that keeps the trigger pressed in. I absolutely love having to stand outside my car waiting for their slow pumps to fill my tank in the freezing cold.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Specv_USMC

I have an 07 and unless i wait till my gas light comes on, i cant fill up. Simple as that... I brought it to nissan and they told me "they couldnt duplicate the prob"... i told them that I know they couldnt bc i dought they brought it to a gas station and tried to put gas iin it. Never been back sense. But yes its a pain in the ***...

AND ive tried numerous stations. next door, across town, out the state... all the same...

Mike
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 PM
cyberkline

i also had this happen but only at one specific gas station... kinda sucks cause it took me like 15 mins to fill up
Old 03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
DraGonAlchemist

where i work is also a BP station. .the new pumps have that rubber suction cup that fits against the filler opening of your car. .it's so the vapor's are caught and brought back into the main gas tanks as your car fills up. .so as not to contaminate the air/ or in case you get a dumb *** smoking around the pumps the vapors dont blow you up. .(cause thats what actually blows up)~well a little trick is to either flip the nozzle upside down so that the handle faces upward/ or when you fill up you have to either use your finger or maybe a pen(just put the pen between the rubber and the metal filler top). .to brake the seal where the suction is so that some air can escape allowing for fuel to flow into your car rather then backed up from the psi building up as it leaves the tank when the gas is pouring in. .both vapor and gas is trying to go in and out of the same damn hole. .ya get it. .so the gas backs up making the nozzle think that the cars filled. .I hate it when i have to help and this happens to me!!! In NJ we have people who pump gas as a job. .so they become Pro's at it!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:17 PM
blazed54

I've also had this happen to me, only seems to happen at certain pumps so i just go to a different one and it fills up fine.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:03 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by jcleary47
Yea this has happened at different pumps with different cars.

Another thing that pisses me off is all the gas stations around here removed the clips from the nozzle that keeps the trigger pressed in. I absolutely love having to stand outside my car waiting for their slow pumps to fill my tank in the freezing cold.
Slip the gas cap into it, dude. It reaches.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
jcleary47

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Slip the gas cap into it, dude. It reaches.
I love you. Birth my children.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:43 AM
SRTtoZ

Wowww.

I had the same problem and it was pissing me off.

And dont tell me its the pump, I'm sure it has to do with the pump and a certain feature of the car because I tried diff gas stations.

It would pump a few gallons and then bam it would stop every few seconds...I kept having to shake the nozzle and whatnot to eventually get it to work.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Blu Hvn

I had the same problem with my '05. First time or two I had it at the dealer and got the usual "Can't duplicate the problem" and they suggested trying different gas stations due to the difference in pumps, etc.
One day I get a call from a friend in the parts department who told me a TSB was issued. I again took it in, the TSB was performed and it's been fine since.
BTW, when you take it in have your tank as low on gas as you can.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:10 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

NTB05-048
2003-2005 NISSAN 350Z; FUEL TANK DIFFICULT TO FILL AT TIMES
The fuel tank is intermittently difficult to fill.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Delako

try not holding the handle on full flow and fill it up with half flow. That seems to work for me
Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 PM
wannabuy350z

I tried on the lowest, but I havent filled up since the day i started this thread. I will try all the techniques you guys suggested.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Riyazsf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this happens to me sometimes at my chevron. It only happens on the pumps at one side of the station tho.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 AM
stevem

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
The car isn't at fault for a pump that stops all the time. The only thing that could be happening is splash back off the chamber hitting the nozzle sensor triggering it to turn off. That's it.

And if this is happening, I'd inspect the car for any rear-end damage, if you bought it used. There could be an unseen crease or fold inside causing the gas to splash. Either that, or the pump tip is poorly angled and shooting straight, as opposed to downward.

Actually, I had the same problem with my '03 G35. It turned out a vent in the filler tube was blocked. Replaced the vent and it worked like a charm. Like you, it was working fine one minute and then just stopped working.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 AM
N350ZT

Cool Gas fillup

Originally Posted by wannabuy350z
Hello All,

I am trying to figure out what the problem. i did a search on this topic and found nothing. my last two fill ups (pumped like 50 time to fill up) is very annoying. here is the issue, I cant just insert the nozzle and set the pump and wait, it only pumps lke .5 gallon at a time. I shake the car, look for leaks, i cant find anything. I called the dealer and they said my VIN was not in the recall list at all.

any of you expierenced this?
I read somme thing on this one, and the story was that if you take a curve realy hard to the right or the left(Icannot recal) the vent line would fill up with gas, and not drain back into the tank, stoping the tank from venting will filling. Causing back pressure, and the pump would cut off.
My 08 did this the first time I filled it up, but no problem sence.
I cannot recall what side was the culprit.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 AM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by jcleary47
I love you. Birth my children.
LOL. I'm assuming that worked? The finger grip of the cap fits right into the grooves of any pump handle. =)
Old 03-06-2008, 08:47 PM
bomd1ddy33

i've actually had that same problem myself. i thought something was wrong with my car, but i went to a gas station accross the street and filled up my full tank. i've noticed that on some gas stations it's particular gas pumps that don't work, i know now which pumps to just avoid at certain gas stations so i can avoid the hassle
Old 03-06-2008, 10:06 PM
wannabuy350z

Today i went to the same gas station (chevron) and I flipped the nozzle and it filled the car up more than i ever have filled it. the car before never took more than 10 gallons, today I filled 12 gallons
Old 03-07-2008, 02:07 PM
daz311x

this has happened to me only a handful of times in my 03...its very annoying. I always thought it was the pump. I get so frustrated that I only fill up a few gallons and then leave.

Quick Reply: Car wont take Gas!