Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Following too close..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BADASSTT
I would have pulled out my gat and pumped 3 9mm rounds in his back window. He could have killed you and others so you felt like your life was in danger.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
13ringinheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo 782
Well I didnt want to share negative stuff but wanted to warn people about this.... So here's what happened to me: I am in the left lane of the hwy where the speed limit is 70mph and the guy in front of me is doing 55mph. I inch up where I am 3 car lenghts behind him (not too close but enough to let him know I want to pass). After seeing me he decides not to let me pass. After about a mile w me still close behind, he throws some coins (or some metal objects out his sunroof) and it ends up chipping my front windshield. It took all the energy in the world for me not to drive up and knock him off the road....
Florida is the worst. People here are the most ignorant when it comes to courtesy and road laws. Especially senile old people and chicks with cell phones driving in the fast lane. Soo annoying!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
alexykysil230

anybody with a cellphone is annoying as hell. This week alone i witnessed 4 accidents involving women on the phone right before my eyes. But as far as following the guy home me personally i would have just called the cops as soon as that happened and given them a license plate number it might be a ***** move but there are a lot of morons in this world and you never know what he could be packing.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 PM
smxtmpr34

that just made me really angry!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
n2oZ

Ok the guy damaged your vehicle. Get his plate number and call the cops. Tell them guy in front of you on freeway is acting beligerant and seems to be intoxicated.

Give em your location and heading on freeway. They may not care if he through coins at your car but if they think they might catch a dwi they'll be all over it. If anything ya get em pulled over in a controlled situation with the officer there and then can let your insurace company rape him after the cop gets done wasting his time.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
Think about it if your going 60mph and some dick throws a bunch of change at your Z and brakes your front window you might lose control and crash into the guard rail or worse some one else. There could have been serious people injured. I pack legally so if you put one through his back window "defending your life from serious injury" the guy would probably **** his pants hall a$$ out of there and never do it again.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much change are we talking about, enuff for a can of coke???

Are you sure you wern't tailgaiting this ****??
Old 03-10-2008, 10:54 PM
shabz

Originally Posted by BADASSTT
I would have pulled out my gat and pumped 3 9mm rounds in his back window. He could have killed you and others so you felt like your life was in danger.
+1

Then id make sure he goes into a ditch and then park on the side of dat bytch and get out n knock him in the face a couple times
Old 03-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Datapimp

Originally Posted by Nismo 782
Well I didnt want to share negative stuff but wanted to warn people about this.... So here's what happened to me: I am in the left lane of the hwy where the speed limit is 70mph and the guy in front of me is doing 55mph. I inch up where I am 3 car lenghts behind him (not too close but enough to let him know I want to pass). After seeing me he decides not to let me pass. After about a mile w me still close behind, he throws some coins (or some metal objects out his sunroof) and it ends up chipping my front windshield. It took all the energy in the world for me not to drive up and knock him off the road....
Was it on I-4? I drive that road every day and see some stupid sh*t like that.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
How much change are we talking about, enuff for a can of coke???

Are you sure you wern't tailgaiting this ****??
even if he was tailgaiting, that is illegal, but throwing something out of a car at high speeds at another car is a whole different story. If im in the fast land and somebody is going slow. I get a little close not to big trucks because of all the crap that is on the road. Most of the time they see me in the rearview and slide over. if they threw change id just call in from work or wherever i was goin and tell them id be about 30 minutes late and follow the ******** home.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 AM
Brrcats

honestly it doesnt matter if he was tailgating or not, if this dude was going slow in the left lane he needs to get over. Thats his responsibility as a driver, to yeild to faster traffic by getting over into the right lane.

As for the coin throwing, I dont care who you are, thats ********. you're going to have something bad happen to you.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:37 AM
stu8319

I know here (Oklahoma) you can't throw anything without it being a MAJOR offense. I had a friend hit someones car with a single ice cube and he got a huge ticket. It was a long time ago so I don't remember but I would have called the cops FOR SURE.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:48 AM
zkicker

Originally Posted by alexykysil230
anybody with a cellphone is annoying as hell. This week alone i witnessed 4 accidents involving women on the phone right before my eyes. But as far as following the guy home me personally i would have just called the cops as soon as that happened and given them a license plate number it might be a ***** move but there are a lot of morons in this world and you never know what he could be packing.
Yep, he coulda had some silver dollars.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 AM
my05350z

Florida is crazy when it comes to driving. I doubt the cops would care or do anything. Following someone home is a sure way to get yourself shot. Can you imagine his story after he shot you, "oh i dont know what happened, this crazy guy was tailgating me on the highway then followed me home so i shot him repeatedly with my tec 9".

I wasnt there so i dont know what i would do but i try as much as possible to avoid people like that. I will cross 5 lanes of highway to avoid them. I definitely wouldnt have been on them for a whole mile. (not saying the OP did anything wrong. just my $.02)
Old 03-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Get_Zwole

i would just tell the cops i was trying to get the license plate number if he opened up id draw my p220 i carry 24/7 unless im barhopping.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would have followed him home while calling the police. Reason I would involve the police thats really illegal out here in NY and people have died from **** like that.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
I would have followed him home while calling the police. Reason I would involve the police thats really illegal out here in NY and people have died from **** like that.
same here in oklahoma. Actually one time these kids dropped a jar full of some kinda acid off a bridge went through the windshield of a truck and killed a married couple it was very sad.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not to long ago a bunch of teens decided it was a good idea to throw a frozen turkey out there window. The turkey went thru the windshield and cracked an old ladies face. She was hosipatlized for 6 months getting reconstructive surgery. She offered to drop charges only because they were kids and she didnt want to ruin there lives. Well Suffolk Country decided Nope, they will have to pay.

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
same here in oklahoma. Actually one time these kids dropped a jar full of some kinda acid off a bridge went through the windshield of a truck and killed a married couple it was very sad.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:04 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If they are driving slow in the left lane they need to get the fk out of the way. This irks me to no end. I make it a point to ride the *** of every single person who putts along in the left lane until they move their fatass.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
Not to long ago a bunch of teens decided it was a good idea to throw a frozen turkey out there window. The turkey went thru the windshield and cracked an old ladies face. She was hosipatlized for 6 months getting reconstructive surgery. She offered to drop charges only because they were kids and she didnt want to ruin there lives. Well Suffolk Country decided Nope, they will have to pay.
thank god man poor lady i wouldnt think about dropping charges on those punks. They need to be off the streets. I just wonder if kids like this are missing something from their brains that causes common sense to go out the window?

Quick Reply: Following too close..