Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Following too close..

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:37 AM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Glock in my car for this situation. (I'm half kidding.)

but in all seriousness I'd have gotten his license plate number and called the PD...he is accountable for rocks his tires throw up let alone change he throws at you.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM
macao_friend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know about Florida, but in the Bay Area (NorCal) there are tons of people driving hella slow on the left lane. The limit is only 65 but no one really drive anything slower than 70 here...except the slow poke on the left lane.
My suggestion is not to tailgate because all they have to do is slam on the brakes and you will rear end them. When you rear end someone, it will be your fault by default. Then that **** will go to the hospital and claim they are in great pain and blah blah blah and the end result is that you have a wrecked car and your insurance will jack up.
Just be cool and cut in front of her...or him when you have the chance.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by WTX350Z
I have a Glock in my car for this situation. (I'm half kidding.)

but in all seriousness I'd have gotten his license plate number and called the PD...he is accountable for rocks his tires throw up let alone change he throws at you.
here i think they changed the rule your not responsible for rocks your tires throw up. Even semi's arent as long as their mudflaps are properly installed. Now if you see rocks coming out of their load then it is their responsibility other then that just avoid at all cost.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
bjr

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Um, if you are on a major divided highway with a medain and someone is going 55 in a 70 can you legally move to the right lane? How can a cop determine passing in the wrong lane when you were under the speed limit? Funny this came up becuase I just did this last week. There is no way I'm going to follow anyone going that slow for a second. Also why ride their tail and risk what they think is antagonizing them? So just turn on your signal and move to the other lane and get back up to speed. Is there some law against that
Old 03-11-2008, 05:49 PM
xjongsangx80

Originally Posted by SammySJ99
I would have followed him home... Requested his insurance information... If he refused to give it to me I would have called the cops, told them what happened and waited in front of him house til they got there...

I had soeone do that to me brfore when I was in mydodge and i had to try hard no to rear end him...
Cops can't do nothing since there is no probable cause that the driver actually chipped the windshield.
Take him to the court would be the right chioce but then OP would lose since he violated the law first by following too close. That douch bag didn't do anything unlawful since he kept his minium speed limit.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:57 PM
usmanasif

The oddest thing about this thread is that a co-worker was telling me just today that he used to do this exact thing when people followed him too close. His plates got called in multiple times and one day state troopers showed up at his house and snatched his license. He had to retake both his written and driving tests before getting it reinstated.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:49 AM
zipgun

Originally Posted by bjr
Um, if you are on a major divided highway with a medain and someone is going 55 in a 70 can you legally move to the right lane? How can a cop determine passing in the wrong lane when you were under the speed limit? Funny this came up becuase I just did this last week. There is no way I'm going to follow anyone going that slow for a second. Also why ride their tail and risk what they think is antagonizing them? So just turn on your signal and move to the other lane and get back up to speed. Is there some law against that
Agreed.. If its clear... signal and pass em, dont draft em. I hate it when drivers come flying up your butt like that, then pass like their in the last turn at Daytona, very dangerous.

PS: Not condoning jerks that throw stuff outta vehicles..And yes they should be destroyed if caught.

Last edited by zipgun; 03-12-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:58 AM
yusoslo

Umm no one is going to throw coins if you are following 3 car lengths away.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Magmadragoon

Whoop that trick.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Hella

I never realized how many straight up thugs we have on this MB. You guys are bad asses!!!!!

Ill pull out my 9mm biatches!!1!

Please..........give it a rest. You sound like skinny little 15 yr olds puffing your chests out.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:45 AM
DelayedZ

I definetly would of called the police right away, or done something stupid...lol
Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
If they are driving slow in the left lane they need to get the fk out of the way. This irks me to no end. I make it a point to ride the *** of every single person who putts along in the left lane until they move their fatass.
+1
I don't understand why this isn't emphasized more when you apply to get a driver's license. Drives me nuts.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:22 AM
The Captain

I've seen people get tickets for doing that (riding slow in the left lane) or at the very least, they get pulled over and lectured.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:22 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sadly I have been tempting to do that to some tailgaters myself. Then I think to myself, " ****, I'll just scratch my car up as well if I throw pennies out the window."

In my opinion following would have been a good idea, only pussies would actually do something like that, thinking there wont be any reprocutions for their actions.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:23 AM
cdubb1078

You do have a steering wheel right? Get around him or can you only drive straight.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Mr. Black

You should have called his tags in and followed him home to get his address.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:51 AM
shortbus1981

Wow, you are a better man than I. I would have followed the SOB home and kicked his *** so hard his ancestors would be bruised.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 AM
stanleylee

should have go faster then him and do the same **** over, over, over, over ........
Old 03-12-2008, 10:49 AM
deobiet

Originally Posted by rgeist554
I've seen people get tickets for doing that (riding slow in the left lane) or at the very least, they get pulled over and lectured.

agreed, i've seen some get tickets for driving too slow on the left lane also.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:29 PM
wangsta

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
If they are driving slow in the left lane they need to get the fk out of the way. This irks me to no end. I make it a point to ride the *** of every single person who putts along in the left lane until they move their fatass.
I'm amazed at how thoughtless some people can be when driving. How they crawl in the left lane while 1.) a bunch of cars are stacked behind them or 2.) everyone is passing them on the right and staring them down as they do it.

And thats WITH signs that say "slower traffic keep right" on the side of the road here in Texas.

I was riding in a rental car with a guy going to an interview who got on the freeway and stayed in the left lane and went 5 under the speed limit the entire way. Needless to say, tons of people flew by us going 10 or 15 mph faster and I'd be afraid to look at them when they passed us because I felt like an @sshole sitting there in the left lane. The guy driving actually said "wow, people drive way too fast here" too. I would've said something except the fact that he could've been future boss/coworker.

The worst is when your cruising in the left lane along an empty freeway and see some guy enter somewhere down the road ahead of you. Who then proceeds, even with no cars in front of him, to merge all the way in to the left lane without matching your speed. (@#*(%#&^*#&%#

Quick Reply: Following too close..