Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

wtf my car got owned

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
AugustXII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zonic03
Hmmm its not a totaled loss. Theres damage done but for it to be considered totaled sorry man,
Why do you want this to be totaled?
cause like everyone said, the car's not going to be the same, i dont' want any new problems that might pop up due to it
Old 03-14-2008, 08:00 AM
iMikie

not a PPW! I hate when people tailgate me! Pisses me off all the time.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Z_Driver
Master

AugustXII - If you get it done by a good shop you can expect it to work right. If it doesn't take it back over and over until it is right. I'd expect to keep the Z until the day it dies or past the 200K mark or take a big loss.

I've taken the loss before just to have something better after a wreck. At that point a payment was just a payment. Now with cars paid off, I'd hate to sell something until I get my money worth out of it so..... I keep cars a lot longer than I used to. That changed at 40 ... Until then it was a car a year or more. Heck, I still get a car a year these days. I just save and pay cash now without all that interest over my head.

Just trying to show you younger guys how things and needs change over the years.

I'd love to TT my Z right now for example but, without the cash in pocket it probably will never happen. It seems when I get the cash I want another toy etc...
Old 03-14-2008, 11:55 PM
J's 350z!

I know what thats like before my 350z got hit in my acura rsx type s on the freeway. Guy wasnt paying attention..They totalled my car but it was cause of frame damage.. Well as long as your alright. I hope everything works out.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:51 AM
bradj86

Originally Posted by AugustXII
yeah I got all his information and insurance, lucky he had insurance. Right after the hit some people off the streets came by and act as witnesses so I didn't call the police (thinking over maybe i should have)
Oh man... always call the police in situations like this.... uggh!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Goku350z2007

i hate people when they always tail gate me, i dont understand why they do that everytime i drive the Z
ALLWAYS CALL THE COPS even if you are drunk lol
Old 03-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Slidewayznizmo

You got two witnesses, that is better than cops showing after the fact in a lot of accidents. Keep the witnesses names you will be ok.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:44 AM
dfdub

Originally Posted by Z04
most insurance places will not touch an accident claim without a police report, even if you exchanged cards.
This claim is ridiculous. There were 6.5 million accidents in 2006. Thats a wreck every 5 seconds. If what you said were true, America would be in total chaos because our cops would too busy investigating fender-benders.

Unless one of the witnesses smokes a bunch of crack and says that you were driving down the highway in reverse, you are gonna be FINE. Even if they don't total it, you are gonna be FINE. Most major insurance companies have what is called a "warranty" (i know, it is a crazy thought) and if for any reason your car isn't back to the standards in which it started, they will pay to have it repaired again. OR, they will institute whats called additional depreciation compensation.

I have been in several wrecks (one broke my neck and back) and yes, a few of my cars acted differently afterwards... but it only took one more trip back to the shop (on my insurance's dime) to get it back to 'new'.

The biggest problem with my logic is that you could have "Hanks Super Fantastical Auto Insurance"... so there is really nothing else i can say except Good Luck

Last edited by dfdub; 03-16-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:07 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Actually, in California. You have to file a accidend report or the insurance company will not look at the claim if is over $750 in damage. It's a SR-1 Form http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/sr/sr1.pdf that has to be summitted to DMV. Try working with an insurers insurance company when it's not your fault without one. You won't get far. Some Insurance companies will help you with this. Some won't. When you get in a accident in this state you are supposed to file a report for accidents over $750 or you can be ticketed and fined. Don't know of anyone that has been .... But, that is the law. People do get fined for it, I've seen that in court. It not that the officer has to fill out the report it just has to be done. It's actually considered a public service by the police departments. I filled out one 10 years ago and the police weren't much help. But, it had to be filled out. So, I sat in the police station with their form and filled in the blanks then asked if they could have the officer that had been on the scene to fill in what he determined. They only do this as a third party and it really helps if you have witnesses for them to take the statements and record them. Of course, it make a difference when a police officer states it. I'm so glad my insurance company takes care of this for me most of the time. I let them get the depositions if need be etc.... In that case, I wasn't with a great insurance company and they made me jump though the hoops. I think that is what Z04 is trying to say.

For the people from Texas let me add the insurance companies will not settle a claim without an accident report filed with DMV if damages are over $1000;

"Texas law requires that a Crash Report, Form CR-2, be filed when an accident occurs that results in injury or death, or when damage to property or vehicles is more than $1,000 (this means one or both vehicles PLUS property damage total). If law enforcement does not come to the accident scene or complete a report, you'll need to do so within 10 days of the wreck."

Last edited by Z_Driver; 03-16-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by Slidewayznizmo
You got two witnesses, that is better than cops showing after the fact in a lot of accidents. Keep the witnesses names you will be ok.
Very important... But, it is nice if you can get an officer to take their statement at the scene instead of trying to track them done later for the accident report. It's also nice to have the officer lay down the scene discription and accident. They do it everyday. We as the general public hopefully only have to do this one or twice in our lifetime.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:19 PM
AugustXII

well, i'm happy to report that everything is/will be AOK, the other party's insurance is being very understanding and coropertive, they totaled my car and offered me a good 28000 for the base 07, which is pretty decent. the real question is, what's next? bmw 135i or wait for the new 370z? i really miss my z and the rental they gave me, 08 cobalt, feels like driving a boat.

but yeah, the police report wasn't require this time because the guy admited he was at fault. thanks everyone for your support and advice!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:22 PM
ladyzed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Police in my area won't respond to an accident unless 1) damage over $2,000 2) injury(ies) 3) hit & run 4) all of the above
Old 03-22-2008, 09:13 PM
nothix

they should respond to any accident IMO
people shouldn't be hitting other people!

Gratz to OP
Old 03-23-2008, 12:13 AM
tadarsalad350z

dude always call the police for car accidents, its the almost the safest way, as in like not getting screwed over
Old 03-23-2008, 05:24 AM
tripndesi

Sorry to see your car in this shape, I cringed when I saw the car. It's good that you are still alive and nobody was hurt. I would have filed a police report. My car was totaled (see my thread) really bad - the insurance companes + lawyer asked the first question. Do you have a police report. This is very key in the decision process of who was at fault. However, if you have witnesses, they can validate your story if it was not your fault. It can be subjective though depending on the witness. It has to be black & white case. Good luck with your Z amigo.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tripndesi
Sorry to see your car in this shape, I cringed when I saw the car. It's good that you are still alive and nobody was hurt. I would have filed a police report. My car was totaled (see my thread) really bad - the insurance companes + lawyer asked the first question. Do you have a police report. This is very key in the decision process of who was at fault. However, if you have witnesses, they can validate your story if it was not your fault. It can be subjective though depending on the witness. It has to be black & white case. Good luck with your Z amigo.

i guess you missed post #91
Old 03-23-2008, 05:40 AM
Kuruma-san

dam that is ass raped
Old 03-23-2008, 05:44 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I hate tailgaters!

wish i had some sort of james bond tire blow-out system to take them off the road.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Nick204k

That sucks. It did get owned.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

THOSE TAILIGHTS HELD UP PRETTY WELL,

Quick Reply: wtf my car got owned