Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pulled over for TINT! yikes...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took mine off after i got pull over by NYPD.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Z_rican

Quick question...If you get pulled over for tints, do you get 1 ticket or 1 ticket per window?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:42 PM
ed350

Here in tx..you can have as dark as you want..its ok.. in dallas anyways I don't know about houston and austin...cop are not as stricted as some other states...knock on wood...
Old 03-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by track1z
I have a Ford Expedition with 24 inch rims.MY **** IS BLACKED OUT!My truck is tinted with 35% all the way around.I even have the whole front windsheild covered. Then from the front passenger,driver side I have 5% on top of that.Tickets just went up in L-Town from 135 to 210 dollers. I know i've been pulled over 4 times. The last state trooper who saw me told me if I don't take it off the next time he is gonna impound the truck. I told him to go ahead I was 2 months behind on the payment and I didn't care LOL.

O and the COP said my tint is O%
damn man lawton must suck the cops that is. Ive never had a prob with tint up in the city.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Nick204k

Originally Posted by zonic03
What, he cracked your licence in half? See the judge he was a ***** to you, be a ***** back. You should of cracked his badge.

Yes crack his badge, I would not be here today telling this story. I would be with bubba.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 PM
johns350

Originally Posted by ed350
Here in tx..you can have as dark as you want..its ok.. in dallas anyways I don't know about houston and austin...cop are not as stricted as some other states...knock on wood...
No you can't. 35% on sides. 20% on rear. Any tint shop will tell you that.

Every state has a law - I used to be in NJ that did not allow ANY tint on the side windows - sucked.

Here is a site - it is a bit dated (incorrect for TX): http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html
Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
PM-Performance

Originally Posted by Blu Hvn
I'm curious about when and where you had the tint applied. If you had the tint applied at a local shop they should have known what tints were legal. Maybe you can go back on them for knowingly installing an illegal tint.
Nope wont work. You should know the laws. I know the law and I still get it done everytime. Most of the time I am lucky and dont get pulled over. Sometimes at the end of the month I get hammered.
No Big, I just pay the fine and keep the tint on. I never got caught because they were looking for me because I didnt take it off. It really is an issue of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Some cops dont give a crap and some get bored and need to write a ticket. Its a gamble
Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM
rotchcrocket04

Cops are pretty harsh for tints around here (Suburb outside of Philly). I've been pulled over 3 times for tint on my last three cars. However, I only got a verbal warning every time... lucky I suppose. Though, I've never had mine real dark.

...and yes, every winter, though cold, I have my windows down
Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 PM
briboy84

Yep. Been pulled over several times in the philly suburbs as well... i guess they have nothing better to do
Old 03-20-2008, 01:33 PM
bam025

Driving through Georgia, I got pulled over twice within 9 minutes of each other..
Old 03-20-2008, 03:31 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by briboy84
Yep. Been pulled over several times in the philly suburbs as well... i guess they have nothing better to do
Maybe you should quit wasting the cops time then and instead have legal tint.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:58 PM
scmtkings4

RANDOM Q, DO YOU GUYS TIP THE TINT SHOPS?

sorry to change topic a little but im sure the moderators would agree to not make a new thead for this. If a shop uses computerized tinting (machine cuts the tint) would you tip them? What about with the tint shops that cut by hand? Does tipping follow with this too?

im going with 30% all around. hope that the cops wont stop me
Old 03-20-2008, 04:34 PM
briboy84

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Well that was with my last car which I bought with the windows already tinted. I don't know to much about the PA tint laws but I guess it was a little to much. Never got a ticket for it though.

My new Z doesn't have any tint and I am debating on if i want to do it or not.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:09 PM
johns350

Originally Posted by briboy84
Philly cop has nothing better to do? LOL!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:05 AM
PM-Performance

LOL> I dont even know what to say about that. I would think the cop would stop wasting his own time and just look the other way and actually do something important like try and bust someone selling meth to kids and stuff like that.

If they have a reason to pull you over and say something while already pulled over. Great. I deserve it then.
But when they are sitting around jerking off in their car waiting for something to do and just pull you over to pass the time. Thats BS.
They need a city job to keep them busy.
BTW I have only had this problem with suburb cops. City cops actually know they have better things to do.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:35 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by PM-Performance
LOL> I dont even know what to say about that. I would think the cop would stop wasting his own time and just look the other way and actually do something important like try and bust someone selling meth to kids and stuff like that.
Psst... We find meth in cars...
Old 03-21-2008, 06:49 AM
SammySJ99

Tints is a hot button topic right now. My ex got pulled over and has to take his tints off his Jetta. He was pissed because they have benon the car for like 4 years now and he has never gotten a ticket before.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:29 AM
PM-Performance

Psst... We find meth in cars...

Understood completely. But pulling someone over for that reason only is BS. Thats just looking for something to do.
Not everyone with Tint has drugs in there car or weapons or looking to kill an officer because he cant see in the windows

If you have a true reason to pull someone over and say something about the tints then, great. You already have them pulled over. Why not.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:07 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by PM-Performance
Understood completely. But pulling someone over for that reason only is BS. Thats just looking for something to do.
Not everyone with Tint has drugs in there car or weapons or looking to kill an officer because he cant see in the windows
Until you become a cop, you will never understand.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:16 AM
kurt213
Banned

Most cops who do **** like that are usually losers who got beat up all their lives and are now on some sort of power trip because they can hide behind a badge...keep that in mind. I blatantly told the cop he was an piece of **** *******, paid the stupid fine and still have the tint on my windows. Don't let some pig intimidate you. I've parked beside cops before and have had nothing said. It's only select ones that have issues.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for TINT! yikes...