Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Important question about your tranny.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Vitamin Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Important question about your tranny.

I just came back from the dealer again (4th week and counting) and after 3 hours I知 back to square one. Here is the beginning of my story.
The dealer now states that the noise I知 hearing is normal and nothing to be concerned about. To my question, why was it a big enough problem 2 weeks ago so they had to change my transmission and not a problem today I got no answer

Here is my question to every Z owner .
Does is sound like there is a few loose marbles rolling around in your tranny? Does the sound go away once the clutch is depressed? This is very important to me as the answers will help me decide on whether I will pursue this issue or will let it go.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:53 AM
dmazyn

I have the same sound, was planning on taking the car in next week when I take it in for the seat issue.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Vitamin Z

Nobody else paying anyh attention to their tranny?
Old 07-11-2003, 08:56 AM
mdelia

If the car is stopped in neutral and I release the clutch it does make a relatively odd sound. I thougth this was normal as I noticed it on the other Z I test drove.

Is it not normal?
Old 07-11-2003, 09:03 AM
WashUJon

My Z has had this condition from day one and my dealer has contended that the condition is normal from day one. I don't think its a tranny problem but a clutch problem. At first I thought it was a noisy throw-out bearing, but I'd bet my rear that its loose clutch springs, since there's a rattling coming from the clutch whenever its engaged. When the clutch starts engaging (letting the pedal out slowly into gear), the rattling is louder than at idle. I've complained about it twice and both times the dealer guys say the "could not replicate" the condition.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:55 PM
cdrami

guys.....G35c6mt here...same crap with me the past 3 months i've had it...i assumed it was the bearings as well, never even gave it a second thought! I assume its normal since everyone has the sound..... mechanical objects make noise.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:40 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my tranny makes a funny grinding noise when Im coasting at about 5-10mph in hear in 1st or reverse. clutch fully in(not engaged). it sometimes is so powerful it will slow the car even tho the clutch isnt out...

no other sounds tho.

is that what you guys are talking about?

I go to gwinett place tho, never had a problem with them, but then again Ive never had a problem other than bose and oil change.