Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

FREE Brand New Motor - FREE Swap - Nissan Authorized

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 02:59 PM
350z2k3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had an extremely busy week so I haven't had a chance to call yet.

Let me know what you find out...

...You can PM me for my number if you want to call.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:06 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350z2k3
I've had an extremely busy week so I haven't had a chance to call yet.

Let me know what you find out...

...You can PM me for my number if you want to call.
Gonna give him a call in a few to see if he put the order in for the long block
Old 06-21-2008, 12:10 PM
350z2k3

Originally Posted by blasian
Gonna give him a call in a few to see if he put the order in for the long block

What did he say?
Old 06-21-2008, 04:37 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by 350z2k3
What did he say?
I think I got pwned by timezones... I called and he wasn't there so I'll give him a ring Monday.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:01 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Hola all,

I've been way too busy. I have had a status change with my vehicle. I took it to the track this weekend, without the oil pan spacer, oil cooler, and the AMS radiator. I broke a rod. The block is still intact. I just called Steph. I was honest with him, and told him up front what happened and how. I told him I wasn't pleased with the delay and I felt that if I had my cooling modifications on the car I wouldn't be in this shape now. He stated that he would call the Rep he had been dealing with. I waiting now.

It is part of the game, so I am not terribly upset about losing the motor. If NNA steps up still great, if not I understand. If NNA doesn't step then I'll lean towards an HR swap or an LS1 swap. Either way this was a great program, way to go NNA. That kind of stuff really inspires brand loyalty, which is something they are very good at.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:21 AM
blasian

Update...

Just got off of the phone with Steph and everything is a go. I'm scheduled for next Monday so everything is all good. I'll keep you guys up to date.

I forgot to ask about the other guy

Brian,

That fuggin sucks and I hope NNA comes through still. Especially considering the circumstances in which it happened.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Lightning Guy

An odd update: Appparently there is another guy without compression on two cylinders that was running 93 octane from the gas station beside the track. I haven't cracked the motor yet, since i am waiting on NNA's response but if I holed a piston and that is the noise, I think there might be some legal action if I can prove bad gas. I still have a 1/2 tank left over since it was towed home.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:07 AM
3m wol8

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
An odd update: Appparently there is another guy without compression on two cylinders that was running 93 octane from the gas station beside the track. I haven't cracked the motor yet, since i am waiting on NNA's response but if I holed a piston and that is the noise, I think there might be some legal action if I can prove bad gas. I still have a 1/2 tank left over since it was towed home.
oh man that sucks hopefully NNA pulls through
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Sisko99

Well, If all they want to do is pull the engine apart to see wear and tear, then even with the bad cylinder they still have the rest of the engine to dissect. I don't see why they wouldn't want that engine. In fact...they should want it more now. There are very few VQ motors out there that have both the mileage and hard usage that Bryan's does. If I were an engineer at Nissan...I'd want to get my hands on that motor to see the failure mode on that rod/piston and compare it against the other 5 cylinders. But that's just the nerd/engineer in me talking.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:24 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Sisko99
Well, If all they want to do is pull the engine apart to see wear and tear, then even with the bad cylinder they still have the rest of the engine to dissect. I don't see why they wouldn't want that engine. In fact...they should want it more now. There are very few VQ motors out there that have both the mileage and hard usage that Bryan's does. If I were an engineer at Nissan...I'd want to get my hands on that motor to see the failure mode on that rod/piston and compare it against the other 5 cylinders. But that's just the nerd/engineer in me talking.
+1
Old 06-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Sisko99

BTW....it's not cylinder 5 that went down, is it, B? That's the one Mo lost on his 03...
Old 06-23-2008, 07:48 AM
eTraxx

Damn Bryan. Sorry to hear about this. When did it happen?

Bryan running at the track Friday ...

stock ..
Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 AM
KShep

+1

Sorry to read about your motor Bry.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Lightning Guy

BTW....it's not cylinder 5 that went down, is it, B? That's the one Mo lost on his 03...

I have no idea. I pulled it off of the tow truck and put it in the garage. I went to bed after that. I'm waiting to see how NNA deals with it. Talking to Steph, he doesn't have a problem with it; however, he has several calls to NNA to see how they want to handle it. He stated that he will do everything he can to help me out. Seems like a swell guy.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Lightning Guy

Thanx for all of the kind words ya'll. If asked how many licks it takes to break a rod: 113,488 is the answer. I still say it wouldn't have happened if I had my cooling mods on the car. I really don't think it was the rumor of bad fuel either, I ran faster than I ever have before. I ran a consistant 1:56 and a single 1:55 and another 1:54. I lapped a C5 Vette with an instructor and slicks, and I was reeling in a modded NA 350z on slick swith a GOOD instructor in it. All the while I was on Khumo MXs. The other Z rode with me earlier in the day and said that sliding was not his style, he now agrres that it is faster. Next year I'll mount the sticky tires.

BTW I did finally get the heel-toe shiftiing right in this car. I've always split the gas/brake pedal with a foot and rolled the foot over onto the gas pedal to blip the gas. I fell asleep going into one very hard braking zone. I went for a panic brake, and then I just got my heel on the gas for the blip. I did it the rest of the weekend. I'll get soem video of this when I get it running again.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Sisko99

....and I was reeling in a modded NA 350z on slick swith a GOOD instructor in it. All the while I was on Khumo MXs.
Not a certain crazy person from TN, was it?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Sisko99

I have no idea. I pulled it off of the tow truck and put it in the garage. I went to bed after that. I'm waiting to see how NNA deals with it. Talking to Steph, he doesn't have a problem with it; however, he has several calls to NNA to see how they want to handle it. He stated that he will do everything he can to help me out. Seems like a swell guy.
Glad that the NNA guy is in your corner. That always helps.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Lightning Guy

Not a certain crazy person from TN, was it?
No, there is no chance to catch Doug, not even with a police car.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Sisko99

No, there is no chance to catch Doug, not even with a police car.
LMAO!

Maybe we need to get you a light bar and siren for the next time you go to a track event with him.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Lightning Guy

LMAO!

Maybe we need to get you a light bar and siren for the next time you go to a track event with him.
I wouldn't be able to turn the lights on, but that would be a cool paint scheme for a track vehicle and since mine is SB, hmmm.

Quick Reply: FREE Brand New Motor - FREE Swap - Nissan Authorized