Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is Jay with Evo-r.net a crook?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:27 PM
lonewolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highside107
Wow, I experienced the very same thing with Jay and thought it may have just been me. I bought a carbon fiber front bumper center cover piece (the piece in the middle at the bottom) a couple months ago. I waited and waited and waited and finally email Jay asking him where my part was after a couple weeks. I ask for a tracking number and he gives me one but I don't know what service it's from so I can't track it. I assume it gets lost in the mail because I asked Jay if it required a signature (I never signed for anything) and never got a straight reply. He told me to wait a couple more weeks and that if it didn't show up, he would re-send it. I waited and told him I never received it and he re-ships and gives me a new tracking number. It finally comes from a Taiwanese company/courier(?) after a little over a month after I paid for it. The part was exactly what I had ordered and there was nothing wrong with it.

I told Jay I would do business w/ him again, but I wasn't aware this was "standard practice". I just thought it had really gotten lost in the mail. Makes me wonder if the part was even shipped to begin with. I'm not sure if this matters, but when I had originally called Jay up, I told him I was a member of these forums and had heard good things about him (partially because I wanted him to think I would create a thread much like this one). After reading all these posts, I doubt I will do business with Evo-R again.
No offense, but it's stuff like this that makes iTrader useless. If it were me who had that situation with Jay, he would have gotten a bad seller rating and the reason why right on his profile. No one actually puts it to use.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:37 PM
BaTMan_4

Originally Posted by bofa
Meh... sucks that no one else offers painted eyelids....
i was just about to say Intense does but they only offer 3 colors.... http://www.intensepower.com/autdeey35.html GL
Old 05-11-2008, 04:28 PM
=Cerberus=

I had a hard time getting the hood dampers. I payed through paypal, and he said he was "confused" by the way it came across. So instead of contacting me he just kept the money. it was resolved though after two phone calls and an e-mail. I will not be going back to his shop again though.

Originally Posted by mrg1981
Sounds like you have your confirmation that he's a douche bag. Never buy anything through Paypal, since you have like 13 milliseconds to dispute the transaction and get your money back. If you had paid on a major credit card, you'd be calling your issuer/bank to get your refund right now and it would be in your account this time Monday.

Paypal FTL!
Dealing with ******* scammers FTMFL!
Realizing that scammers and *******s always use Paypal and insisting on legit transactions with legit businesses with legit merchant accounts FTW!
Couldn't have said it better. I tried to buy something through the forum from a business, and insisted on using my CC, well he jerked me around and I got my money back with no ifs ands or butts from my CC company.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lonewolf
Way to back up your statement.
Explain why some people are still upset about a transaction one year later because Evo-R never sent them the product they paid for, or refunded them. Sounds like a crook to me.
+1. I honestly don't know why people keep buying from him. Even though he is one of the few sellers on this forum that carries CF interior kits, I'd rather spend a little more on RSW kits that is guarantee quality and fitment. I honestly think we should start a petition to ban EVO-R from being one of the vendors on this site.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Evo-r must be banned!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Evo-r must be banned!!!!!!!
hey man, not until my CF interior kits get shipped!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
lonewolf

Originally Posted by Nexx
guess he won't be banned for at least a year or so then
Old 05-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

There are no interior kits..... He promised me a cf interior kit 2 years ago and 6 months later nothing..... *** his couch...
Old 05-12-2008, 07:53 AM
highside107

Originally Posted by Changvi
+1. I honestly don't know why people keep buying from him. Even though he is one of the few sellers on this forum that carries CF interior kits, I'd rather spend a little more on RSW kits that is guarantee quality and fitment. I honestly think we should start a petition to ban EVO-R from being one of the vendors on this site.
Good idea that I would support (his being banned), but I doubt it's going to fly with the mods/owners anytime soon. He pays for his "sponsor" status and we all know money talks
Old 05-12-2008, 07:56 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Note to self: Do not deal with any internet "custom parts painters."
Old 05-12-2008, 03:09 PM
bofa

E-mailed this forum to him to give him another chance to respond... although it will probably take a few weeks...
Old 05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Get_Zwole

never had any bad experience with jay after 3 transactions but its been 6 months or longer since iv ebought anything from him. Good luck hope he makes right.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:36 PM

I just order a lip from him last week. ummm....
Old 05-12-2008, 05:01 PM
xedes

I ordered CF interior parts from him awhile back. Jay told me that they would be shipped out in about a week. Four months later, still no parts. So I emailed him a few times and got no response. Then I pm'd him a few times, still nothing. Finally I pm'd him and stated that if I didn't get a response I would start a thread on this site about the ordeal. He finally responded saying that the parts should ship out in a few days. I told him, forget it, just refund me the money. Jay responded that there would be a 20% restocking fee. I said, " what the hell do you mean? You already admitted the parts haven't even left your store." So after going back and fourth, he finally refunded me the money. I support the BAN. He's a PITA to deal with...
Old 05-12-2008, 05:13 PM
jmcmorante

WOW! I ordered a shift **** from them about a month ago and got what I ordered in a timely manner. Like others said though, it did come from Taiwan which surprised me since I thought they were in the US.

Anyhow I was about to order a C/F interior kit in the near future but after reading this, I doubt I will. Its a shame that a vendor is displaying a pattern of questionable business tactics.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:49 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

others r having problems also.... this guy needs to post up somethin asap before he will be ruined.....ohh well...
Old 05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Nexx

what's weird is i've purchased so many things and ive had nothing but great products. i ordered my cf interior kit on friday and it shipped out today.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 PM
beautiful nerd

what's weird is i've purchased so many things and ive had nothing but great products. i ordered my cf interior kit on friday and it shipped out today.

...or so you think/were told
Old 05-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by beautiful nerd
...or so you think/were told
only if i get a box of nothing.. i have a tracking number already.

Quick Reply: Is Jay with Evo-r.net a crook?